So how do we beat the Rams?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The biggest game of Kliff/Kyler era. I guess the last two weeks will temper a lot of expectations. I actually feel "ok" vs. the Niners, but Rams are just an entirely different beast for us.

Three things that concern/maybe look for with Kyler
1. Can he stop the one bad throw a game? At least this week.
2. More importantly is it me or he doesnt seem as fast as he did last year? I think the Vikings TD was about the only time I saw turbo Kyler. Im not even talking yards he's going to have to be that fast to escape the dline and find someone downfield.
3. This is going to be the most he's been hit all season. Its important he still shows the fight.

Three things to look out for with Kliff
1. Can he stop the one bad mismanagement a game? At least this week.
2.Rondale Moore needs 7 to 10 touches imo. I dont know how long we'll be able to protect Kyler so getting the ball quickly to Moore could be huge. *Yes I worry about overworking him w/special teams as well, but these are games you get Rondale Moore for.
3. Can Kliff figure out a running game vs them? Kyler has never ran well vs. the Rams. So its going to have be schemed with the backs.

Sidenote: Man I freaking hate this division. NFC East, AFC South and maybe even the NFC North I'd feel good about winning the division right now instead of potentially missing the playoffs.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
We need to utilize Hopkins more on offense. He will have a tough matchup with Ramsey but giving him 6 targets like we did this week is unacceptable.

On defense I worry about Kupp killing us underneath. Hopefully Murphy can mitigate some of the damage there. We need to get pressure on Stafford and, outside of Chandler's week one, our pressure has been pretty bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We need to utilize Hopkins more on offense. He will have a tough matchup with Ramsey but giving he 6 targets like we did this week is unacceptable.

On defense I worry about Kupp killing us underneath. Hopefully Murphy can mitigate some of the damage there. We need to get pressure on Stafford and, outside of Chandler's week one, our pressure has been pretty bad.
I actually think its ok to not force it to Hopkins this week. Hopefully they let Jalen shadow him. We just gotta win our other matchups. Critical that Moore and AJ Green make plays.

Not worried about Kirk.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We can’t out scheme them but they could be too high coming off an emotional win. McVay ran into the locker room after that missed kick like they just completed a dynasty.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Short crossing patterns...passes to RBs out of the backfield...keep the running game going.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Score 40+

Not stopping the QB bootlegs & not stopping the run would be deadly!!! The Cards have struggled with both

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably have to get lucky with turnovers and convert on over 50 percent of third downs.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Scary thing is Im sure the coaches for the Rams will get on them about giving up all these passing yards.

Or are they vulnerable if Kyler can make quick reads?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’d say run the ball and keep winning the time of possession battle

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And no Kyler doesn’t look slow this year. He’s always the fastest on the field. Check the amazing 77 yard Rondale Moore scramble touchdown

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We don’t.
Play it safe, play the backups, keep injuries to a minimum. Concentrate on the winnable games.
Nothing wrong with being 15-2 with the 2 losses to the Rams.
And if we play them in the playoffs we lose again. :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson