10 thoughts - Rams game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Josh Dobbs makes me appreciate Kyler Murray a lot more.

2 – It makes me sad to see the defensive lineup on the broadcast’ overview before the game.

3 – Once again you saw the potential with Zaven Collins. I would decline the contract option, but only to have him play out his rookie deal before deciding long term. Because there is something there. He flashes. I want to see what he can do next year after an entire season as an edge rusher.

4 – Significant increase in playing time and production for Trey McBride, and to my knowledge, the first time that he is ahead of Zach Ertz in both aspects. Trade deadline is coming up in a couple of weeks. Talks going on for Ertz?

5 – Second game in a row with a special teams tackle from punter Blake Gillikin. Hey, give credit where credit is due.

6 – Nightmare game for Kei’Trel Clark.

7 – Looks like D.J. Humphries have reverted to 2021-form. Poor Dobbs.

8 – I have no problem saying that draft position matters to me. Right now (and unfortunately once again), I don’t mind if the team is showing promise and development, yet still loses. To me, that is not at all a wasted season.

And I certainly do understand that it is different if you have season tickets or always goes to the stadium. It would be for me too.

By the way, as of today the Cards are drafting 4 and 12.

9 – Kyzir White with the fastest sack across the league. 1.97 seconds.

10 – It goes for everything in life. Take your chances when you get them. Also if they come in the first two quarters of a football game.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
2 – It makes me sad to see the defensive lineup on the broadcast’ overview before the game.

5 – Second game in a row with a special teams tackle from punter Blake Gillikin. Hey, give credit where credit is due.
As to #2, I overheard this exchange on the telecast in the 2nd half:
Gannon: "Coach Rallis, assemble your defensive line!"
Rallis: "Coach Gannon, I have no defensive line!"

As to #5, what do you expect from a Penn State guy? :D

Solid writeup as always.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As to #2, I overheard this exchange on the telecast in the 2nd half:
Gannon: "Coach Rallis, assemble your defensive line!"
Rallis: "Coach Gannon, I have no defensive line!"

As to #5, what do you expect from a Penn State guy? :D

Solid writeup as always.

Yeah, it is a sad lineup, Stout. I was playing a little game with myself, if I could mention three of the players without looking it up. I guess that Dante Stills have some potential, but other than that, none of them should have bigger roles.

Do you think they could spend maybe two high draft picks on defensive linemen?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a sad lineup, Stout. I was playing a little game with myself, if I could mention three of the players without looking it up. I guess that Dante Stills have some potential, but other than that, none of them should have bigger roles.

Do you think they could spend maybe two high draft picks on defensive linemen?
It's possible. Are there any worthy of a high or mid first?

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's possible. Are there any worthy of a high or mid first?

I must admit that I don’t know, Stout. I have not researched about it, even though I tend to get sucked in as we get closer. But usually there is a couple of good ones, I think.