So how do we beat the Rams?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Vegas has Cardinals 6 point underdog. Low or high?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm strongly tempted to sit Kyler and start Herbert because the Rams defense is so good.

Would have lost today even if I started herbert(4 td) because I had Cook, Jacobs both out and D Hop playing hurt.

Right now I think I play D Hop but not Kyler.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will be a massive step forward for us if we can

Feels like we'll be the also ran of the division until we prove we can beat any of the other three
I want to believe but where does Cardinals stack up better than Rams:

QB1? May be Cardinals
Running game? Rams
WRs and TE? Collectively Rams are better
DL? Rams
OL? Rams
CB? Rams
Coaching? Rams
Special Teams? On Par
Recent history? On the side of Rams

Cardinals cannot play mistake free football. It is not their DNA. The best case scenario is that they can escape with a touch down loss and are injury free.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

QB1? May be Cardinals
Running game? Rams
DL? Rams
OL? Rams
CB? Rams
Coaching? Rams
Special Teams? On Par

Cardinals cannot play mistake free football. It is not their DNA. The best case scenario is that they can escape with a touch down loss and are injury free.
The Rams can shoot themselves in the foot. They lost to the Jets last year. They will be very difficult to defeat. But it's not like it would be the biggest upset of all time if Cards win next week.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

QB1? May be Cardinals
Running game? Rams
DL? Rams
OL? Rams
CB? Rams
Coaching? Rams
Special Teams? On Par

Best case scenario is a blowout win because you never know in football, and any given Sunday, and all that. 0% chance of victory? I'm not optimistic, and don't disagree with much about your overall assessmet, but gimme a break here.

We don’t.
Play it safe, play the backups, keep injuries to a minimum. Concentrate on the winnable games.
Nothing wrong with being 15-2 with the 2 losses to the Rams.

It's a good thing we're not rank cowards like you purport we should be. Good lord, that is some backwards logic.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Just maybe another team might be able to knock em out.

Get in the playoffs and and we’ll deal with it then.

The post season is a completely different season.

Remember in 98 the cowboys just whooped our ass in the regular season but we won 20-7 in the wildcard.
No, they did not whoop our ass prior to the playoffs and walked out with a sneak win on a mugging of our WR (Rob Moore I believe) in the endzone... but the Rams should whoop our ass

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm strongly tempted to sit Kyler and start Herbert because the Rams defense is so good.

Would have lost today even if I started herbert(4 td) because I had Cook, Jacobs both out and D Hop playing hurt.

Right now I think I play D Hop but not Kyler.
McCoy wants to know who Herbert is lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think we will, but to beat the Rams you have to hit Stafford, not bite on bootlegs and don't give up big plays. Along with that, you have to win the time of possession battle.
Something flukey will have to happen for us to win imo. But there’s talent to win if we don’t shoot ourselves.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Rams are the best team in the NFL. Got to get to Stafford or else he will kill us. Murray also needs a big game, not sure if he can have one against the Rams defense.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Rams are the best team in the NFL. Got to get to Stafford or else he will kill us. Murray also needs a big game, not sure if he can have one against the Rams defense.
Agree after the beatdown they gave Bucs. They took Bowles to school who has a better DL and LBs than Cardinals.

Any given Sunday can happen, but this Rams team would beat Cardinals 9 out of 10 times. It hurts to say this as Cardinals fan but it is the truth.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Wow for two 3-0 teams seems high. But gotta attract the $$$
I thought it was low considering how they have manhandled us. I would never bet against Cards but I’m not taking Cards with only 6. But then again, I don’t bet on games.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Tampa's secondary is awful, so that should be held into account. Stafford will have his bad games, so hopefully those come against the Cards.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hopefully the Rams have a let down after gearing up for Brady and defending champs. We still need to play a darn near perfect game and catch a few breaks

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also a great teaser option if you like those plays. DraftKings won't let me bet them anymore. lol

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams have been stealing our lunch money for how long?

At some stage we have to stand up for ourselves. Get down and dirty. Scrap, fight, disrupt and find a way.

Feel that this week's game is a signpost game. Will be indicative of where our 2021 is heading.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rams have been stealing our lunch money for how long?

At some stage we have to stand up for ourselves. Get down and dirty. Scrap, fight, disrupt and find a way.

Feel that this week's game is a signpost game. Will be indicative of where our 2021 is heading.
I think if we have any chance to beat them it will be at home later in season.