So how do we beat the Rams?

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
They’re gonna run their bootlegs in Goldens direction (mark my words). HE needs to set his edge high. Stafford isn’t that fast, and watching him bootleg is kind of painful. It’s all going to come down to execution on the field, because we already know who’s getting out coached here.

And yes, their defense is a great one.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont see us beating them in LA. They are too solid in all areas with no glaring weakness to exploit. The way we keep it close and give ourselves a chance is pounding Stafford constantly and hopefully getting 4+ sacks and a ton of pressures. We need Chandler to be week 1 Chandler, and Watt to be 2015 Watt.

I think we end up losing 34-17

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well connor, connor and more Connor - 90% has to be a divisional slug fest and we got to win it. of course that should open up big plays we need also.

Our dline has to win their matchups, if they double one the other guys has to make them pay. Stafford is vulnerable when hit, and our defense needs to get turnovers - not miss opportunities.

We ar actually built to beat them, frustrate them, our execution is decent, but it is divisional baby, need to crank up the intensity.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My big concern is we are down 3 OLs now, hopefully Pugh and Murray are able to get their backs to loosen up so they can play next week you don't want to play the best interior D lineman maybe in NFL history with 2 backups at G. They did well today but leery about relying on backups against Aaron Donald, Hudson can't block him alone nobody can.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And if we play them in the playoffs we lose again. :(
Just maybe another team might be able to knock em out.

Get in the playoffs and and we’ll deal with it then.

The post season is a completely different season.

Remember in 98 the cowboys just whooped our ass in the regular season but we won 20-7 in the wildcard.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just maybe another team might be able to knock em out.

Get in the playoffs and and we’ll deal with it then.

The post season is a completely different season.

Remember in 98 the cowboys just whooped our ass in the regular season but we won 20-7 in the wildcard.
You right, Stafford hasn’t won jack on the playoffs. And I hope that continues

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't think we will, but to beat the Rams you have to hit Stafford, not bite on bootlegs and don't give up big plays. Along with that, you have to win the time of possession battle.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest thing we have to do is get Stanford off his spot. He is like a duck out of water if he’s force to move.

I think we will have to score 35 points for a chance to win.

I just don’t see us beating the Rams.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest thing we have to do is get Stanford off his spot. He is like a duck out of water if he’s force to move.

I think we will have to score 35 points for a chance to win.

I just don’t see us beating the Rams.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am heading out to this game. Wanted to check out the new stadium. I went to the final game at the Coliseum in 2019 vs the Rams too.

I am expecting a loss, but most importantly I want injury free game (as much as possible).

It would be super awesome if we can escape with a win, I don't care how ugly it is.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
The only way we're winning this game is with explosive plays and turnovers. Maximize possessions. Maximize points per possession.

We're not built to turn this into a slugfest, so give up on any hope of that happening. We need a little razzle dazzle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson