Rosen Up Or Down?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
+

It has to be + for now. The issue with evaluating Rosen is that sourrounding cast was so bad. Horrible playcall, lack of WRs, lack of running game and a horrible Oline due to injury. Results were not good. He was the worst of the rookie QBs in terms of production, but how much can you put on him? Not a lot in my opinion.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Rosen = -? - - - -. He was terrible in college, very inaccurate. He's going to be a bust. Trade him for whatever low round pick you can get.....

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Rosen = -? - - - -. He was terrible in college, very inaccurate. He's going to be a bust. Trade him for whatever low round pick you can get.....

Where are people getting this false narrative that Rosen is an inaccurate QB? Him and Mayfield were touted as the 2 most accurate coming out of last years draft. I saw him make some throws only a handful of QBs in this league can make. Plus i remember his receivers dropping a few of them as well.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not sure what anyone has seen that would lead them to give Rosen high marks. I like Bosa, so I'm hoping & praying that Rosen is the guy. But, he never impressed me at UCLA & even when the line did hold up (which was almost never), he still threw jaw dropping horrendous stuff. Too many of you need to take off the rose colored glasses. We have NO idea what Rosen will become. He has all the physical tools, but I'm not sure what's going on upstairs. I said that whenever I saw him play at UCLA, and nothing has changed. I hope K2 can figure it out & make the right decision. If ownership has tied K2's hands behind his back on this issue, then we're screwed. I'm not going with a + or -.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
33 yes votes
5 negative
4 question

Looks like no contest.
This is an older thread. Much more information has been out there in the last month. Those that believe we should keep Rosen, don't necessarily believe he's a better QB than Murray. They just believe that Rosen deserves another chance or that Rosen+Bosa is better than Murray at 1. If the Cardinals are smart, they can't think like that. The QB position is exponentially more important than any other position in ANY sport. If it's obvious that Murray is better than Rosen, then they have to draft Murray. It really does boil down to that.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an older thread. Much more information has been out there in the last month. Those that believe we should keep Rosen, don't necessarily believe he's a better QB than Murray. They just believe that Rosen deserves another chance or that Rosen+Bosa is better than Murray at 1. If the Cardinals are smart, they can't think like that. The QB position is exponentially more important than any other position in ANY sport. If it's obvious that Murray is better than Rosen, then they have to draft Murray. It really does boil down to that.

What more information ?

The only change in the past month is 'hype'!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen ?

It all depends on how the Cardinals view Murray after they meet.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Like what you are saying would also like to see him with competent coaches and receivers plus a halfway decent line to judge for Now it's a keep

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Disagree.Why take the chance that a small QB will come in and be better than Rosen? Why not play the safer bet instead and take Bosa or Williams if they feel either one can come in and immediately make a impact?This isn`t a game of poker at the kitchen table... its a decision that could make or break the team for a while.IMHO Rosen and Bosa/Williams is the smart safer bet.It boils down to is SK going to risk everything on drafting another QB in the 1st round a year after doing just that and not even giving Rosen a real chance? I don`t feel like SK would do that when he can keep Rosen and draft a probable instant impact starter for the defense with Pro-Bowl potential or better.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
give rosen two more years and if he dont work out then make a play for Trevor Lawrence

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What more information ?

The only change in the past month is 'hype'!

Hype is your word. Many football people that have watched him closely don't see hype in the equation. Many in the know see a gifted thrower of the football in addition to a QB with phenomenal athleticism, balance, and instincts.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like what you are saying would also like to see him with competent coaches and receivers plus a halfway decent line to judge for Now it's a keep

All true, and undeniable as far as giving Rosen more tools around him and competent coaching. But, is Rosen the better QB than Murray? If not, wouldn't the better tools and competent coaching make Murray just that much better than Rosen? It's just not my opinion, but it's the opinion of football people in the know, that Murray's ceiling is much higher than Rosen's. That opinion is not just based on what Rosen did last year with an inept Cardinal team. That opinion id based on everything Rosen has produced from HS on up.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Hype is your word. Many football people that have watched him closely don't see hype in the equation. Many in the know see a gifted thrower of the football in addition to a QB with phenomenal athleticism, balance, and instincts.

SO the lack of height and size matter not at all when going to the NFL?You feel his athletic ability (at 190 LBs) will save him in the NFL ?Being 5`10 and 207? will not be a factor in being a "pocket' QB in the league?
SO Cards shoud just overlook those minor inconviences and run to the podium in your opinion?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
All true, and undeniable as far as giving Rosen more tools around him and competent coaching. But, is Rosen the better QB than Murray? If not, wouldn't the better tools and competent coaching make Murray just that much better than Rosen? It's just not my opinion, but it's the opinion of football people in the know, that Murray's ceiling is much higher than Rosen's. That opinion is not just based on what Rosen did last year with an inept Cardinal team. That opinion id based on everything Rosen has produced from HS on up.

Who are these Football people in the know?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree.Why take the chance that a small QB will come in and be better than Rosen? Why not play the safer bet instead and take Bosa or Williams if they feel either one can come in and immediately make a impact?This isn`t a game of poker at the kitchen table... its a decision that could make or break the team for a while.IMHO Rosen and Bosa/Williams is the smart safer bet.It boils down to is SK going to risk everything on drafting another QB in the 1st round a year after doing just that and not even giving Rosen a real chance? I don`t feel like SK would do that when he can keep Rosen and draft a probable instant impact starter for the defense with Pro-Bowl potential or better.

Look, every single reference you have EVER made regarding Murray has included "small", "midget", "tiny", etc. I used to think that way too. I always wanted the 6'5" prototypical QB's that seemed to be better equipped for success in the NFL. With all the rule changes to protect the QB's, the more athletic types like Wilson, Mahomes, Murray have built in advantages in the new NFL. If this was 2005, or even 2010, I would be liking every post you've made. We have to stop being dinosaurs. This is a different NFL. If you're going to hire an outside the box HC like KK, then you have to be prepared to pull the trigger on a guy like Murray.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
A simple question too just exactly how long did Murray play College ball as a starter I would probably feel better if he had at least 2 or 3 years worth of tape to look at

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson