Rosen Up Or Down?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One thing that has started to turn me pro-Murray is that I don't hear a single football guy say that Josh Rosen is better. Almost to a man, you hear that Rosen is a nice player, but that Murray has a much higher upside.

Outside of chronic injury, I don't really see a scenario where Rosen is better.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you're going to hire an outside the box HC like KK, then you have to be prepared to pull the trigger on a guy like Murray.

If we didn’t have the first pick and KK didn’t make the Murray comments, this discussion would be a lot different. If we picked 5, we might talk about Murray if he was there, but almost no one would suggest trading up to take him. This is truly a unique situation at a lot of levels.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who are these Football people in the know?

There have been many. Watch the NFL channel or listen to the NFL radio channels. I've yet to hear anyone say that the Cardinals would be stupid to draft Murray at #1. I understand that you're prejudiced against shorter QB's. You've made that clear on almost every single Murray post. Times have changed. The NFL has changed. Murray is not Doug Flutie.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hype is your word. Many football people that have watched him closely don't see hype in the equation. Many in the know see a gifted thrower of the football in addition to a QB with phenomenal athleticism, balance, and instincts.

Name one who on the night he received the Heisman Trophy said: 'If he forgoes baseball and enters the draft, he's the number #1 pick." ?

And why do so many of those who watch closely still rank him as the #2 QB in this draft ?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There have been many. Watch the NFL channel or listen to the NFL radio channels. I've yet to hear anyone say that the Cardinals would be stupid to draft Murray at #1. I understand that you're prejudiced against shorter QB's. You've made that clear on almost every single Murray post. Times have changed. The NFL has changed. Murray is not Doug Flutie.

It's like I said in another thread....

Murray didn't run the 40 because he doesn't want people to judge him as a runner, he wants to be judged as a thrower.

Watch how effortlessly he throws the football. My gawd. Since I started watching the Cardinals in 93, they have only had a shot at a QB this good a few times. Don't make the mistake of passing on him.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

NFL has changed?

19 of the past 20 SB winners were over 6' and only one had running as an important component of his arsenal.

And you're right, he isn't Doug Flute, who had a long and successful professional career in two leagues.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Murray didn't run the 40 because he doesn't want people to judge him as a runner, he wants to be judged as a thrower.

Watch how effortlessly he throws the football. My gawd. Since I started watching the Cardinals in 93, they have only had a shot at a QB this good a few times. Don't make the mistake of passing on him.

And I watched the flawless throws of Johnny Football in shorts, shoulder pads and a helmet.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I think Murray has a bigger chance to be Doug Flutie than he does of becoming Russell Wilson.That right there takes him out of consideration in my book.Hoping Murray will be the next Russell Wilson Type QB is peeing in the wind IMO.
I want my number one pick to have a better chance of succeeding in the NFl.Bosa.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFL has changed?

19 of the past 20 SB winners were over 6' and only one had running as an important component of his arsenal.

And you're right, he isn't Doug Flute, who had a long and successful professional career in two leagues.

You're still living in the past when you reference SB's from 20 years ago. The rule changes are relatively recent. Also, Doug Flutie did NOT have a successful NFL career. He was basically a back up. I really don't care what he did in the CFL. That's not football.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I am not buying what you are selling.I have been watching for 50 plus years and I am a bit old fashioned but I don`t buy into 5`10 Pocket Qbs having long successful NFl careers or being the NUMBER 1 pick in the entire draft.Doesn`t fly with me.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Murray has a bigger chance to be Doug Flutie than he does of becoming Russell Wilson.That right there takes him out of consideration in my book.Hoping Murray will be the next Russell Wilson Type QB is peeing in the wind IMO.
I want my number one pick to have a better chance of succeeding in the NFl.Bosa.

If you truly think that Murray is more like Flutie than Wilson, then there's no reason to debate this with you. You obviously made your decision the day you realized that Murray wasn't 6'2" or more. He could have thrown 100 TD's last year, had a 85% completion percentage, and ran for 3000 yards. Your mind was made up based on his height. End of story.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
NFL has changed?

You are so right in a side note RG III was a very gifted runner and thrower too for one year almost then the injury, where is he at now barely a backup last I recall and he is far more physically gifted than Murray from a Height and weight stature so absolutely size and weight Really does matter also any one willing to bet the teams future on that?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're still living in the past when you reference SB's from 20 years ago. The rule changes are relatively recent. Also, Doug Flutie did NOT have a successful NFL career. He was basically a back up. I really don't care what he did in the CFL. That's not football.

You're living in a future that by virtue of the term does not exist.

CFL not football.

The League is older than the NFL

Explain the long line of hotshot American college players and former NFLers who've flamed out up there - Johnny Football being the latest ?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If you truly think that Murray is more like Flutie than Wilson, then there's no reason to debate this with you. You obviously made your decision the day you realized that Murray wasn't 6'2" or more. He could have thrown 100 TD's last year, had a 85% completion percentage, and ran for 3000 yards. Your mind was made up based on his height. End of story.

My mind was made up because of his height,size,having 4 offensive linemen(who likely will be drafted) protecting him in a lousy defensive conference.Plus the lack of successful small Qbs in the NFL,plus his wavering back anf forth between baseball and football all are big RED FLAGS for me.I don`t want those question with my number 1 pick.What`s so damned hard to understand about that? Not being a Murray fanboy must piss off you people some bad.Having legitimite concerns about a potential top choice does factor into my decision.Being blindly convinced does not.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're living in a future that by virtue of the term does not exist.

CFL not football.

The League is older than the NFL

Explain the long line of hotshot American college players and former NFLers who've flamed out up there - Johnny Football being the latest ?

I don't care about the history of the CFL. I doubt if many on this board care either. Johnny Manziel has issues way beyond football. He has nothing relevant to this Murray discussion.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My mind was made up because of his height,size,having 4 offensive linemen(who likely will be drafted) protecting him in a lousy defensive conference.Plus the lack of succwessful small Qbs in the NFL,plus his wavering back anf forth between baseball and football all are big RED FLAGS for me.I don`t want those question with my number 1 pick.What`s so damned hard to understand about that? Not being a Murray fanboy must piss off you people some bad.

Just for the record, he's never wavered between baseball & football. He's a freaky athlete capable of playing 2 sports at the highest level. That should not work against him. He's been very clear that he wants to be an NFL QB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Times aren’t changing when it comes to QBs nowadays.

Hell, the last 3 SBs that were against Brady featured non-super athletic QBs.

Only thing that’s changed is more & more OCs are becoming HCs.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Just for the record, he's never wavered between baseball & football. He's a freaky athlete capable of playing 2 sports at the highest level. That should not work against him. He's been very clear that he wants to be an NFL QB.
That's way he was "all-in on baseball" ? Because he was or wasn`t? Did he not say that? Only thing Murray is "all-in " on is Murray getting the most money.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That's way he was "all-in on baseball" ? Because he was or wasn`t? Did he not say that? Only thing Murray is "all-in " on is Murray getting the most money.
fact.
If the kid gets drafted in a slot where he doesnt get enough bonus to pay back the A's...he will play baseball instead.

not to mention, he has the same personality and attitude concerns folks had about Rosen last year. Even the NFLN fanboys asked him about his lack of vocal leadership and his reserved demeanor.

when they pressed him on it he finally mumbled some ******** about his boys know and he cant repeat it on tv...yada yada yada

the immaturity just reaks from this kid...only a blind ass fool would put the keys to their franchise in his hands.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a foregone conclusion that Murray will be at the top of almost everyone's board now. If we hadn't drafted Rosen last year, there's no doubt Murray would be our selection. For me, it doesn't matter. If you think Murray is head and shoulders better than Rosen, you pull the trigger. But, they're not paying me to make that decision. We'll see what happens. I'm a Cardinal fan regardless of what they eventually decide.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Another one bites the dust. Or hopped the fence. You 2 now huh? I see a good QB prospect with many red flags. The only explanation for him being some transcendent talent is only hype. No more no less.