Preseason: Suns @ Lakers Sunday game thread 10-10-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunday the Suns play the Lakers at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. This will be their second meeting of the preseason. The Suns won in Phoenix 117-105.

The game will be televised on ESPN.

Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

Suns wrap up preseason play on Wednesday when they play the Trail Blazers in Phoenix. The game is no longer scheduled to be televised.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker played in a controlled 5-on-5 setting today. It's uncertain if he will play tomorrow.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says in interview Devin Booker will not play tomorrow but notice the soaked shirt in second video clip.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this game 2 of preseason? If so then Booker doesn't need to play. He could miss the whole preseason and I wouldn't care because I know he'll be ready for the season regardless.

It would be nice for Monty to get a look at some lineups though. I'm curious how much we'll see Shamet and Booker play together with either Paul or Payne. They can play without them also but I don't think we'll see much of that.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is this game 2 of preseason? If so then Booker doesn't need to play. He could miss the whole preseason and I wouldn't care because I know he'll be ready for the season regardless.

It would be nice for Monty to get a look at some lineups though. I'm curious how much we'll see Shamet and Booker play together with either Paul or Payne. They can play without them also but I don't think we'll see much of that.

Game 3 of 4.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can see the Suns playing three guards quite a bite when the situation dictates such as coming back from a deficit or to close out games.

Saric slowed the Suns down a bit last season at the 4 in small ball lineups although his ability to spread the court and bang will be missed. Also he missed quite of few games last season and his play was inconsistent.

The Suns might just leave one big in their small ball lineups this season unless they want to go super quick. I'd like for the Suns to add another 4 for these type of situations.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can see the Suns playing three guards quite a bite when the situation dictates such as coming back from a deficit or to close out games.

Saric slowed the Suns down a bit last season at the 4 in small ball lineups although his ability to spread the court and bang will be missed. Also he missed quite of few games last season and his play was inconsistent.

The Suns might just leave one big in their small ball lineups this season unless they want to go super quick. I'd like for the Suns to add another 4 for these type of situations.

The Suns literally can't go "super quick". The only players they have with above average speed for the position are Payne and Ayton (and maybe Nader, though Nader really shouldn't be seeing much playing time).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per the NBA injury report Devin Booker is OUT (Return to Competition Reconditioning).

Abdel Nader is PROBABLE (Right Knee; Soreness).

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns literally can't go "super quick". The only players they have with above average speed for the position are Payne and Ayton (and maybe Nader, though Nader really shouldn't be seeing much playing time).
Fast pace has little to do with individual speed. It's all about attacking in transition and not standing around dribbling, thereby allowing the defense to get set and in their assignments.

The Suns of the mid 00s were great at this and almost every transition play was setup by Steve Nash, a guy who was slower than almost any PG in the NBA. The Warriors perfected transition offense, their most athletic player was either Iggy, a 34 year old, poor man's Marion, or Klay, who spent almost all his time camped out at the 3 point line.

That said, I don't expect us to become a transition team. Paul plays at a methodical, calculated, pace and Booker likes isolation plays as much as anyone in the league.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the starters for both teams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About ready for tip-off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet with a 3-pointer after Laker turnover.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet hits another three.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both teams are shooting poorly.

Game tied 6-6 with 6:58 in 1st.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton pulls up at the top and hits a three.

Then Paul does the same on next trip.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McGee with sweet dish to Cam Johnson on drive to the basket.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Early in the first Davis screams “ayeee” and gets a call. There was no foul. I hate his weak scream for a call

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers so bad at perimeter D. Suns are wide open

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Anthony Davis has Nader on him so what does he do? Step back jumpshot of course. Good player but his IQ needs work.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson