Paul Calvisi

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
I happened to be listening to the radio when he gave a report from camp. A lot of the same stuff we've heard already but when he was asked who impressed him the most now that they were hitting he said Terrelle Smith. He said that Smith was just blowing people up in the 7 on 7 drills. He seemed to think he will be a big, big help in the running game. He said when Smith got to the linebackers he was just manhandling them. Sounded like a powerful blocker that is really hard to handle. When Smith was asked what his goals were he said he'd been in the league 8 years and now his goal was to get Edge into the Hall of Fame. Sounds good to me, we need some role players that just do one or two things very well.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I happened to be listening to the radio when he gave a report from camp. A lot of the same stuff we've heard already but when he was asked who impressed him the most now that they were hitting he said Terrelle Smith. He said that Smith was just blowing people up in the 7 on 7 drills. He seemed to think he will be a big, big help in the running game. He said when Smith got to the linebackers he was just manhandling them. Sounded like a powerful blocker that is really hard to handle. When Smith was asked what his goals were he said he'd been in the league 8 years and now his goal was to get Edge into the Hall of Fame. Sounds good to me, we need some role players that just do one or two things very well.

Awesome! It will be great to actually see a fullback block for once. No offense to Femi, he played his ass off, but we needed a true wrecking ball type fullback.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Fullback Terrelle Smith, a former Sun Devil, carries the ball during practice Monday.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Paul Calvisi - HA! I saw him putting on his make up using his car's side view mirror before practice started.

You'd think they would spring for a make up person for him. :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Calvisi - HA! I saw him putting on his make up using his car's side view mirror before practice started.

You'd think they would spring for a make up person for him. :D

Make up? You sure it wasn't his sister?;)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The secondary plus I see from t.smith is......

The defense will be used to seeing a good blocking fb in practice everyday. So instead of being manhandled in games with the opposition gaining first downs and td's, our defense will be more apt to progress their skills to shutting down a good block fb. (at least somewhat, by devloping the coping strategies, tricks, and/or coaching schemes to neutralize, at least somewhat, the benefit of having such a good fb going against the defense.

Win win scenario in my book

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Smith was moved from linebacker to fullback at ASU, a lot of people were scratching their heads. All you had to do is watch him on one ISO play and you knew the move was a stroke of genius. The guy has always exploded at the point of attack. Probably the best run blocker ASU's ever had, better than Paulk or any of the other decent fullbacks ASU's sent to the pros.

The question with Smith is how do you use him in passing downs so teams don't crowd the line.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn