10 thoughts - Seahawks game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – I am proud of the team. There is no giving up in them. They have been talent-inferior in every single game this season, but they have still managed to be competitive in most of them. They give their all and try as hard as they can. No, they are not playing at a high enough level, but I cannot ask for more from any people. Well done.

2 – Eureka, how Kyler Murray have silenced his critics the last two weeks! This is the quarterback I have wanted since Palmer stopped.

3 – D. J. Humphries have been a liability for two out of the last three seasons. Kelvin Beachum played fine, and he is not a big downgrade.

4 – Congratulation to James Connor on a 1000 rushing yard season (and even in only 13 games).

5 – With 8.30 left in the season, Gannon threw his first challenge flag of the season. Okay, it was successful, so it is hard to blame too much, but part of me would have preferred that he hadn’t done it. Then he would have become the second head coach in NFL history to not throw it one single time in a season (Tony Dungy did it once).

6 – Oh boy, Zaven Collins have been a disappointment in the second half of the season. I had hoped that he would at least flash from time to time, but no. Once again he was close to a no-show.

7 – Will Hernandez is a great run blocker.

8 – Very impressed with the coaches’ ability to make halftime adjustments.

9 – Jalen Thompson is a very, very good football player.

10 – I have never been this optimistic about a 4-13 team (yeah yeah, I have also never experienced a 4-13 team, but you get the point.)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My only disagreement is #3. I like beechum but he isn't 80% of Hump. Great as a backup but not a 17 game starter.
IDK, maybe we agree on this.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
1 – I am proud of the team. There is no giving up in them. They have been talent-inferior in every single game this season, but they have still managed to be competitive in most of them. They give their all and try as hard as they can. No, they are not playing at a high enough level, but I cannot ask for more from any people. Well done.

2 – Eureka, how Kyler Murray have silenced his critics the last two weeks! This is the quarterback I have wanted since Palmer stopped.

3 – D. J. Humphries have been a liability for two out of the last three seasons. Kelvin Beachum played fine, and he is not a big downgrade.

4 – Congratulation to James Connor on a 1000 rushing yard season (and even in only 13 games).

5 – With 8.30 left in the season, Gannon threw his first challenge flag of the season. Okay, it was successful, so it is hard to blame too much, but part of me would have preferred that he hadn’t done it. Then he would have become the second head coach in NFL history to not throw it one single time in a season (Tony Dungy did it once).

6 – Oh boy, Zaven Collins have been a disappointment in the second half of the season. I had hoped that he would at least flash from time to time, but no. Once again he was close to a no-show.

7 – Will Hernandez is a great run blocker.

8 – Very impressed with the coaches’ ability to make halftime adjustments.

9 – Jalen Thompson is a very, very good football player.

10 – I have never been this optimistic about a 4-13 team (yeah yeah, I have also never experienced a 4-13 team, but you get the point.)
3 This is a little harsh. 5 Don’t care, sorry. 7 I’d say good but improving. 9 He still gets lost in pass coverage too often, especially against TEs. 10 Strongly agree.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree On Collins. Makes me sad but he seems to have had about 5 plays all year.
Si, and they were all about halfway through the season. I thought there was something there, but then he completely faded out. I guess it is worth to take a flier on his fifth year option, simply because there is not 4-5 very good alternatives, but the only hope is that he will get better the more he learns the position. I am certainly not expecting that, though.

Do you see a world where they have enough quality players to have Collins as #4, for example, Slanidrac? I hope you do, because I would really like to believe that. :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Si, and they were all about halfway through the season. I thought there was something there, but then he completely faded out. I guess it is worth to take a flier on his fifth year option, simply because there is not 4-5 very good alternatives, but the only hope is that he will get better the more he learns the position. I am certainly not expecting that, though.

Do you see a world where they have enough quality players to have Collins as #4, for example, Slanidrac? I hope you do, because I would really like to believe that. :)
I think there is. However ,sometimes a player hangs on because their contract hurts the cap more by cutting him.
I think a lot depends on how much he contributes to special teams.
Maybe his role going in will be more defined.
If I were a betting man I think he will be replaced.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe his role going in will be more defined.
Yes, but don't you think that is what happened before this season? That he would be one of the outside rushers with a few coverage responsibilities. I don't know. I think I have given up on him, but at the same time I would not be upset if they kept him as a backup.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but don't you think that is what happened before this season? That he would be one of the outside rushers with a few coverage responsibilities. I don't know. I think I have given up on him, but at the same time I would not be upset if they kept him as a backup.
He definitely falls under the definition in “ Quagmire “.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson