Ok All You Draft Geeks...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Since we’re a lock for a top 3 first round pick next year, who are the players we should be targeting? Gimme something to get interested in! [emoji106]

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We need multiple picks, so trade down
Obviously with a new Gm

Like it! How far down though? How deep will this draft be? We are in desperate need of linebackers and CB’s... Right tackle could be a target area as well and I think it’s stating the obvious that we are in dire need of help at the wideout position...

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like it! How far down though? How deep will this draft be? We are in desperate need of linebackers and CB’s... Right tackle could be a target area as well and I think it’s stating the obvious that we are in dire need of help at the wideout position...
Few spots and maybe getting a early second and a next year first

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Since we’re a lock for a top 3 first round pick next year, who are the players we should be targeting? Gimme something to get interested in! [emoji106]
d Oliver*, DT, Houston
Height: 6-3. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2019): 1.
8/29/18: Oliver is extremely fast at the point of attack. He explodes out of his stance and immediately penetrates into the backfield. On top of his speed and tremendous pad level, Oliver possesses active hands with functional strength to slap away blockers hands. Oliver has a quality motor and doesn't quit on plays that go downfield. While they have different body types, Oliver reminds me of Warren Sapp with his explosive speed off the ball and the way he lives in the backfield.

In 2017, Oliver totaled 73 tackles with 16.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, three passes batted and two forced fumbles. He continued the strong play from his debut season despite seeing extra blocking attention all year. As a freshman, Oliver dominated at the point of attack, starting with his debut game against Oklahoma. From the beginning, Oliver overwhelmed offensive linemen with his quickness, athletic ability, and physicality. He totaled 66 tackles with 22.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and nine passes batted that season.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019DT.php#ixzz5RMfsfvaw

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Devin White*, ILB, LSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
8/29/18: White had an excellent 2017 season, totaling 133 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one interception. White didn't get the attention of other SEC linebackers like Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, first-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but that could easily change this fall. Here is how one of the National scouts summarized White.

"This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers this year. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted next year. He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal-caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, study, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker; swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and [has] elite reactionary quickness.

"Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. [A] thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, he's a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU."

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#ixzz5RMg8MACV

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all starts up front, so I'm hoping for Ed Oliver, DL. I believe he plays for Houston, but I'm not sure.

Now I am just going to mess with you goodheartedly. You are recommending Ed Oliver, but don't know who he plays for? Dude is good +. Plays DL for U of Houston Cougars.

:cheers:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Devin White*, ILB, LSU
8/29/18: White had an excellent 2017 season, totaling 133 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one interception. White didn't get the attention of other SEC linebackers like Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, first-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but that could easily change this fall. Here is how one of the National scouts summarized White.

"This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers this year. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted next year. He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal-caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, study, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker; swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and [has] elite reactionary quickness.

"Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. [A] thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, he's a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU."

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#ixzz5RMg8MACV
This kid is intriguing.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Depends on a few things happening this season. Do we end up seeing Rosen play and loving him? If we truly have QBOF, that opens some doors for us to multiply our picks. That also is dependent on a few collegiate quarterbacks really rising to the top of the draft board enough to have teams trade up for them. Let's get both these guys. ;)

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin White*, ILB, LSU

6" 2" guys end up being 5' 11 1/2" at combine. NO ILB top of 1st round ever.

Trade down to Giants. Drew Lock( Missouri) and Justin Herbert (Oregon) look like top of draft QBs and Giants blew it on the last 2 years crop of Qbs. Jets will win the fans by grabbing Darnold.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed Oliver from Houston?

The same Houston that gave up 66 points to Texas Tech? TT QB Bowman was 43-59 for 605 yards and had time to make throws

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed Oliver from Houston?

The same Houston that gave up 66 points to Texas Tech? TT QB Bowman was 43-59 for 605 yards and had time to make throws
He spent huge chunks of the game on the bench gassed from the heat. Sort of reminds me of anther Card player.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He spent huge chunks of the game on the bench gassed from the heat. Sort of reminds me of anther Card player.
Gassed from the heat?

He has played in a city his whole football career where the humidity is stronger than it is in Lubbock. This take is asisine.

It might actually have to do with being double/triple teamed the majority of the game & his supporting cast failing to take advantage.

Please don’t tell me you’re AAC/non-power 5 hatred getting in the way of judgement.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gassed from the heat?

He has played in a city his whole football career where the humidity is stronger than it is in Lubbock. This take is asisine.

It might actually have to do with being double/triple teamed the majority of the game & his supporting cast failing to take advantage.

Please don’t tell me you’re AAC/non-power 5 hatred getting in the way of judgement.

WTH got you so fired up and pissed off?

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad for overreacting.

It just seem like you were implying he’s not that good.
I think he is a stud. I watched him last year numerous times. So far twice this year. My personal philosophy is to not draft certain positions in the top 10. DL is one of them. He will be taken top 10. Maybe top 5. He is currently playing for a Cougar team that lost a good HC and a bunch of talent. He is last man standing.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he is a stud. I watched him last year numerous times. So far twice this year. My personal philosophy is to not draft certain positions in the top 10. DL is one of them. He will be taken top 10. Maybe top 5. He is currently playing for a Cougar team that lost a good HC and a bunch of talent. He is last man standing.
I don’t get this at all. Can you explain please?

You must build the trenches in order to win, & I would draft a stud DL(especially a DT who can collapse the pocket) over a stud OL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson