Official Tournament Score thread

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonzaga up on UCLA 17-5 11:50 1st. UCLA has not made a field goal yet.

Texas beating WVU 23-15 5:28 1st

UCLA is playing HORRIBLE

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs are terrible. Ticky tack fouls against both UCLA and Gonzaga. Players getting hammered with no foul calls.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am stuck watching the Zags on a 3" box on tyhe computer screen complimentys of CBS Sportsaline. East Coast gets Texas/ WVU.

Got my Zags hat on and going blind.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just hearing things or is there a cheerleader screaming a high pitched whine whenever UCLA is on offense?

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear that biased Duke Lover Dicky V make excuses for Duke and Reddick's performance.

Edit:

What a GREAT ending to the Texas-West Virginia game.. Wow..

Last edited:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
wow, and morrison is just laying on the court.

3 of my 4 teams lost tonight...at least LSU won!!! (Duke lost!)

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Talk about a choke job..

Gonzaga pissed that one away quickly.

Apparently they thought they could live by the same sword they've lived by all year.. Unfortunately for them, they must have forgot they were playing UCLA and not Loyola Marymount or University of San Diego.

UCLA beats Memphis.. I'm calling it now.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two great endings.

I felt somewhat bad for Gonzaga, but since I like UCLA and Howland, and picked them to win it all :thumbup:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memphis wins it all.

I've got 3 teams left so far. LSU, Nova, Memphis.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Memphis wins it all.

I've got 3 teams left so far. LSU, Nova, Memphis.

:thumbup:

Memphis is deep and athletic. I think their only downfall could be running set plays when it counts in crunchtime. Every player on their team can come in and produce though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an amazing finish. When Farmar missed a 3 down 7 with about 2 minutes left I thought the game was over, Gonzaga scored to go up 9, and never scored again as UCLA got the final 11 points.

A lot of luck involved but after the ref wiped out Collison's basket and he missed the front end of the 1 and 1 I think UCLA deserved some luck. I'm still puzzled why Morrison passed out of the double so quickly, he wasn't close to a 5 count and if he holds the ball UCLA probably fouls him. He did make the right play, had he tried to get the ball to Ravio, Bozeman was just sitting there suckering him and would have had the steal and a layup, throwing crosscourt was the right play. But Batista too figured they're going to foul me and was surprised they went for the steal.

And then Luc with that sliding steal from behind against Raivio, what a great play man I love that kid. Bozeman and Hollins came up huge tonight.

Even though I think Morrison is a jerk, he's a hell of a player, everytime UCLA made a run he'd bust it with a shot or a pass, he missed 2 late shots and people are trying to blame him but Batista really lost the game. he missed a shot late, got the rebound and instead of pulling it out went right up and Hollins blocked it and UCLA goes down and scores, just completely forgot about clock. And then he got stripped by Bozeman leading to the go ahead.

I had WVU in the final 4 beating Duke so I missed both in that bracket. I have Memphis beating UCLA in the 8, I still have UCONN and BC in the other half although I'll be rooting for UW to beat UCONN.

Don't know about Memphis they were clearly the best team we played all year but UCLA fell way behind and then came all the way back before losing by 8. Farmar went nuts in the 2nd half, had 23 of his 28 after halftime. UCLA is a much better defensive team now than they were then but Memphis is so athletic I suspect they'll take UCLA out. Even if they do what a year for a UCLA fan this team is so much fun to root for they just don't quit.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
First Elite 8 for UCLA since 1997....

This has to be killing Lavin. he keeps pointing out that Hollins and Bozeman were his recruits, and they have been huge, but he neglects to mention that the rest of the team is decidedly not lavin's.

lavin wasn't recruiting Farmar, in fact he told him to his face you're not good enough for UCLA. Lavin didn't want Afflalo he wanted Bryce Taylor who everyone thought was going to Arizona but wound up at oregon(nike). Lavin was chasing all the bigname guys with no idea how to build a team and that's precisely what Howland has done, fit a bunch of pieces together into a great team. howland's first recruit was Afflalo and then Farmar, he specifically targeted both kids to rebuild the program.

I would love to see Lavin interview Farmar and Afflalo after winning the national title "so do you think we're good enough for UCLA now?"

:D

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
This has to be killing Lavin. he keeps pointing out that Hollins and Bozeman were his recruits, and they have been huge, but he neglects to mention that the rest of the team is decidedly not lavin's.

lavin wasn't recruiting Farmar, in fact he told him to his face you're not good enough for UCLA. Lavin didn't want Afflalo he wanted Bryce Taylor who everyone thought was going to Arizona but wound up at oregon(nike). Lavin was chasing all the bigname guys with no idea how to build a team and that's precisely what Howland has done, fit a bunch of pieces together into a great team. howland's first recruit was Afflalo and then Farmar, he specifically targeted both kids to rebuild the program.

I would love to see Lavin interview Farmar and Afflalo after winning the national title "so do you think we're good enough for UCLA now?"

:D

I heard Lavin last night on the radio - and he mentioned twice he recruited Hollins and Bozeman.

Howland is a master at getting the right guys for his system, and see the potential beyond the hype.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
You must be registered for see images

Good luck tomorrow, maybe the best Bruins... err team win. :D

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Wow.. What a f'n game.. UConn and Washington are having another March Classic.

Also, George Mason, Florida and Villanova all move on.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ahhhh..my Shockers forgot how to shoot! AHHHHH!!!!
18 % from 3-point land. GMU is pretty good, but WSU shot themselves big-time. We couldnt throw it in the ocean tonight. Arrrggghhh!!!

Oh well..guess I shouldn't be so hard on the 3 sophmore guards. I'm happy we made the Sweet-16!!! Maybe next year....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard