Not Graves' fault

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In retrospect instead of blasting Graves for not getting Suggs or not moving up, we should really be mad at the guys who caused this problem, Roy Williams and Vince Wilfork. If those 2 players had just done what everyone expected and gone pro, it would have been a 6 person draft not a 4 person and when we got to 6 either a WR(likely Johnson) or a DT(Robertson or Wilfork) would have been sitting there for us.

While I suppose I should be happy to see kids stay(and in Wilfork's case it's VERY understandable), I admit I'm still stunned Williams didn't come out. Might have been ranked ahead of Rogers and now he has to play with a young QB (either Chance Mock or Vincent Young) who while both talented, may not be ready to play and might impact Williams' season. He came back to win a NC, don't think he will.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Despite what some are saying, this year was basically 10-12 first rounders and then 40 or so second rounders. All of the players after around pick 11 or so, are 2nd round quality.

That is why I was so mad that we traded down when it happened. I knew that we would be stuck with basically 2 2nd round players (in most years). I kind of like it now though, since I think both Pace and Johnson could be nice players.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
In retrospect instead of blasting Graves for not getting Suggs or not moving up, we should really be mad at the guys who caused this problem, Roy Williams and Vince Wilfork. If those 2 players had just done what everyone expected and gone pro, it would have been a 6 person draft not a 4 person and when we got to 6 either a WR(likely Johnson) or a DT(Robertson or Wilfork) would have been sitting there for us.

While I suppose I should be happy to see kids stay(and in Wilfork's case it's VERY understandable), I admit I'm still stunned Williams didn't come out. Might have been ranked ahead of Rogers and now he has to play with a young QB (either Chance Mock or Vincent Young) who while both talented, may not be ready to play and might impact Williams' season. He came back to win a NC, don't think he will.

Possible that Williams has a bad year and we can get him!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Can also blame Ohio State.If they don't break Mcgahee in half then he's in the top 5 and we get either JOhnson,Newman,or Robertson.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
Can also blame Ohio State.If they don't break Mcgahee in half then he's in the top 5 and we get either JOhnson,Newman,or Robertson.

Absolutely true he would have been the 2nd pick in the draft if not hurt.

Or if Eli Manning comes out maybe he gets someone to move up to get him?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't know. This reminds me of a couple years ago when the entire Suns team was up for free agency all at once, and a whole bunch of All Stars, like Scottie Pippen, were going to become free agents as well, and then the players struck, and they instituted the salary cap, and the Suns had nothing.

It's still Graves' fault. He's the head guy in the office. Everything that happens on a warship is the direct fault of the Captain of the vessel. So it is here.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
I don't know. This reminds me of a couple years ago when the entire Suns team was up for free agency all at once, and a whole bunch of All Stars, like Scottie Pippen, were going to become free agents as well, and then the players struck, and they instituted the salary cap, and the Suns had nothing.

It's still Graves' fault. He's the head guy in the office. Everything that happens on a warship is the direct fault of the Captain of the vessel. So it is here.

Unles you believe Lex's "gunman in the sandy knoll" theory, in which case it's Emmitt's fault!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Not Graves' fault

Originally posted by EndZone
Possible that Williams has a bad year and we can get him!

Unless he gets injured or gets arrested or becomes a loudmouthed cancer, my guess is his talent level is already a known quantity and it will not matter what happens this season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn