10 Free Agent targets

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
With free agency upon us, I looked through the list of available players and came up with these guys as targets for the Cards. They're not going to sign any "big name" guys so players like Christian Wilkins, Danielle Hunter, Barkley, Chris Jones, etc. are off the list. I think the Cards are going want moderately priced young guys that have potential to grow into solid rotational players. A lot of these guys have starting experience and were highly regarded in their draft year but have not had the big impact that was expected. I did a list of 10 players, in no particular order, I thought would be good fits.

DE: AJ Epenesa- he was coveted by some during his draft and did have 6.5 sacks last year in a rotation and has upside.
Yetur Gross-Matos- I really liked him coming out of PSU but he hasn't really done too much in Carolina. Scheme fit or coaching issue?
DT: Javon Kinlaw- high draft pick that has been injured and found it hard to become a starter on that talented SF DL. Would easily be the Cards most talented DT
LB: Jerome Baker- he'd be my 1 decently high priced target. Productive player, team captain, Walter Payton man of the year nominee. Seems like a good hard-working leader the Cards could use at the position.
Kenneth Murray- had a decent year last year and is a talented player.
OG: Jonah Jackson- has been a 3 year starter and very productive in helping the Lions running game. I'm guessing they're trying to keep him.
Robert Hunt- another young OG that has been a very good starter. He might be a little pricey for the Cards.
OT: Jonah Williams- he's been decent and hasn't lived up to expectations, especially as a LT. He could be a nice RT and slide Paris over to LT.
RB: Devin Singletary- he had a really nice year for Houston and would be a great addition as a 3rd down change of pace back. Showed he could handle the load last year when Texans starter was out so he could do the same when Connor inevitably gets dinged.
WR: Parris Campbell- I know he's been un-productive and hurt but he's just a guy I've always liked and hope he can put it together because he's very talented. Could be this years Zach Pascal.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Epenesa is the guy on that list I would pursue. 2 or 3 year deal at a moderate price.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I agree that they aren't going to pursue the biggest names in free agency. I'd add some CB's and DT's to your list. Maybe Kendall Fuller, Kenny Moore, DJ Reader or Grover Stewart.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree with Card'em, I think they definitely need a starting caliber CB and DT in free agency.
Not sure we need a FA running back since we have Michael Carter to fill that role. Then I would like to draft a mid round RB with speed.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Agree with Card'em, I think they definitely need a starting caliber CB and DT in free agency.
Not sure we need a FA running back since we have Michael Carter to fill that role. Then I would like to draft a mid round RB with speed.
I forgot Carter was on the team. Good call.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What about Bryce huff? He is only 25 and can scream off the edge but he may command 16 or 17 per and can’t stop the run
I like Huff. I would be cool with offering him something like 5\72\30
Scheme and coaching can improve his effectiveness against the run... But we need to upgrade DT to maximize his skills

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
From PHNX podcast:

Jonathan Greenwald OLB
Robert Hunt OG
Leonard Williams DT

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Greenard is injury prone and hunt 2 pricey. I would take the big cat for a 2 year deal tho

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From PHNX podcast:

Jonathan Greenwald OLB
Robert Hunt OG
Leonard Williams DT

Jonathan Greenard (OLD/DE), Age 27, entering the 2024 season.

2023: Tackles: 52 (36/16) - Sacks: 12.5

Will Anderson (OLB) - Defensive Rookie of the Year.

2023: Tackles: 45 (29/16) - Sacks: 7

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the team will sign a FA or two, no idea whom, but in order to do so we'll have to pay more than the player is worth, as guys aren't coming for the nice winter weather. And that's the way FA seems to work. And an added plus it will give the fans TWO ways to complain.
* He's not any good.
* We paid too much.

volcardinal

Reaction score
I can see them going after Jonas Jackson. David Sears the assistant GM help draft him when he was at Detroit. Left Guard was a total
mess last year. Another guard they may look at is Damien Lewis of Seattle. Both are good run blockers which this coaching staff prefers.