My attempt at a mock part 2

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
With all the deals that have gone on since my last attempt here is attempt number two. Enjoy.

1. Rams- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
This pick will stay the same. Rams need a QB; Bradford is the best in this class.

2. Lions- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.
This pick is no longer a slam dunk. With the Lions trading for Rob Sims he will help their O-line giving them enough confidence to pick Suh if they want. I still believe they will take Okung because with him at left tackle and Sims at LG their line becomes pretty good and would be able to give
Stafford enough time to make some decisions.

3. Buccaneers- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
If the Lions decide to take Suh then the Bucs will take McCoy. They will come out of this draft with one of these DTs.

4. Redskins- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Thanks to the McNabb trade this is the first of many changes to the draft. With QB set the Redskins can look in many different areas. In the end they need to shore up that line so McNabb won’t get crushed. They could take McCoy and team him up with Haynesworth to form a scary front line, but that is too much money to spend on DTs (though it is Dan Snyder so who knows).
Old pick-Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

5. Chiefs- Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
I had the Chiefs taking Williams but since he is gone they go with the next best lineman. They need to protect Matt Cassell and he is the best choice available.
Old pick- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

6. Seahawks- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
McCoy is still here on the board and the Seahawks are ecstatic. He could very well be gone if the Lions decide to take Suh at number two. If that is the case they would probably go with Eric Berry.

7. Browns- Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
They should go with
Berry here to help out that defense, though I wouldn’t be shocked to see them take Clausen.

8. Raiders- Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
No reason to change this pick.

9. Bills- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
With Clausen now falling the Bills are able to take their QB of the future. I had them going with a OL in my last attempt but with the Redskins taking a lineman there really isn’t anyone left warranting a top 10 pick.
Old pick- Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

10. Jaguars- Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
I had the Jags taking Dez Bryant but that will no longer happen. By taking Morgan and teaming him with Aaron Kampman they are able to shore up their defensive line pretty quickly.
Old pick- Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.

11. Broncos- Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
I just can’t see McClain falling. He is too good. He played with crohn's disease all throughout college and no one ever knew. The tape doesn’t lie and they will trust it and pick McClain.

12. Dolphins- Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Should Dan Williams be off the board I could see them picking a LB who can get to the QB like Jason Pierre-Paul.

13. 49ers- Joe Haden, CB, Florida
I believe this pick is between Haden and Earl Thomas. Haden is the pick because he is a true CB. They could take C.J. Spiller but I just don’t see it.

14. Seahawks- C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
This is the first time in the draft that Dez Bryant’s name will come up but I think the Seahawks are going to try to find a way to negotiate the price down on Brandon Marshall and take Spiller to give them some much needed explosiveness on offense.
Old pick- Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

15. Giants- Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
The Giants need some help at LB and are hoping McClain falls but in the end they take the next best thing.
Old Pick- Jason-Pierre Paul, DE, South Florida

16. Titans- Brandon Graham, DE/LB, Michigan
They need some help on defense and get a guy with a high motor that can get to the QB. This pick could easily be Griffen, Pierre-Paul, or Morgan should he fall.

17. 49ers- Earl Thomas, S, Texas
I said it was between Haden and Thomas for their first pick, why not just get both? They probably should use it on an OL like Iupati or Davis but they go defense instead.

18. Steelers- Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
Once again, wouldn’t be shocked to see them go with secondary help here but Iupati just seems like a
Pittsburgh guy.

19. Falcons- Everson Griffen, DE, USC
The Falcons need a guy who can get to the QB and Griffen does that very well.

20. Texans- Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St.
If Earl Thomas were to fall he could very well be the pick but they will take secondary help here. I really like Kyle Wilson and think he will end up being the best CB of the 1st round crop.

21. Bengals- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
I’m torn here. It will be between Mays and Pierre-Paul and with Pierre-Paul’s fall it is just too much value to not pick him. I believe they want Taylor Mays though. Also don’t rule out Dez Bryant.
Old pick-Taylor Mays, S, USC

22. Patriots- Jared Odrick, DE/DT, Penn St.
They need to replace Richard Seymour and Odrick should be able to do a decent job. If Pierre-Paul falls here I could see the Pats taking him.

23. Packers- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
The Packers need help on the offensive line. Aaron Rodgers nearly got killed last year and they will take whichever OT they think is best.

24. Eagles- Taylor Mays, S, USC
Eagles can use some help on the defense and Mays’ big hits could help some people forget they let Brian Dawkins go.
Old pick-Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

25. Ravens- Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
Their defense is getting old and they could use some fresh blood but Gresham and Dez Bryant are too good to pass up. I think they take
Gresham over Bryant because he is not a head-case. With Gresham in the fold the Ravens are able to focus on their defense for the rest of the draft since their offense suddenly looks potent.

26. Cardinals- Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
Cody teaming up with Campbell and Dockett will form a very good line. Cody is so disruptive and put on the coach Lott diet he hopefully will be able to play 3 downs. I could easily see us taking Brian Price, Sergio Kindle or even Charles Brown or Anthony Davis to help the offensive line out.
Old Pick-Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

27. Cowboys- Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.
When the Cowboys release Flozell Adams I think this guaranteed the Cowboys were going to take an OL but Jerry wants flash. With Dez falling here Jerry rushes to take him on the advice of Deion Sanders.
Old Pick-
Charles Brown, OT, USC

28. Chargers- Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St.
Chargers need a RB, Ryan Mathews is the best available.

29. Jets- Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
I don’t think Tate is going to be a good pro and that Thomas would be the better pick here but for some reason people don’t seem to be talking about Thomas and Tate is getting all sorts of pub.
Old Pick- Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

30. Vikings- Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
The Vikings need help in the secondary and it seems it will be between McCourty and Patrick Robinson. I think they should go with Price since the Williams brothers aren’t getting any younger but it seems they are going with a CB.
Old Pick- Brian Price, DT, UCLA

31. Colts- Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG, Florida
This seems to be between Pouncey and Price. They need help on both lines and since they have Payton Manning they go with the offensive lineman.

32. Saints- Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Saints need some help on the defensive side of the ball and Price is too good to pass up even for a guy like Kindle.
Old Pick- Sergio Kindle, DE/LB, Texas

My first mock draft is here:
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/my-attempt-at-a-mock-draft-149333.html

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
hard to argue with that mock. The only thing i don't see is Trent Williams and Bulaga going before McCoy.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sergio Kindle a 2nd round pick? I've heard that teams consider him a more NFL ready player than his former teammate Brian Orakpo and Orakpo finished last season with 11.5 sacks.

No way Kindle lasts until the 2nd round. I would guess that the Cards would jump on that option if he is still there at #26.

OP
OP
A

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
The only reason I have McCoy falling to 6th is the fact that the Redskins paid a ton of money to Haynesworth and now have McNabb. They need to protect their QB. I think the Chiefs will pass for very similar reasons. They have paid a good chunk of change for early defensive line draft picks recently and have no one to protect Matt Cassell.

As for Kindle, I'm not a big fan of him, that is why I see him falling.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sergio Kindle a 2nd round pick?
That was going to be my major beef, too.

As an aside, has anyone seen a mock where San Diego takes someone other than Matthews? (my mock had him going there, too). I think us draftnicks (I'm loosely associated with the term...a fringe element, if you will), may be not putting enough effort into SD's selection.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As an aside, has anyone seen a mock where San Diego takes someone other than Matthews?

I've seen them with Cody a few times and I think with Odrick as well. Still strange considering we've seen the Cards with probably 20 different picks.

OP
OP
A

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
That was going to be my major beef, too.

As an aside, has anyone seen a mock where San Diego takes someone other than Matthews? (my mock had him going there, too). I think us draftnicks (I'm loosely associated with the term...a fringe element, if you will), may be not putting enough effort into SD's selection.

I could see them going with Cody or another defensive lineman in the first, but their need at runningback is just too great. Sproles is not an every down back. They need to get someone else in there and Mathews is a pretty good option.