MadCards 2023 Cardinals Mock Draft V2.0

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Jets haul in the 2022 draft got me more receptive to the Cardinals loading up on early picks. As much as I love Anderson, having more swings at the bat is very tempting. In this Mock the Cardinals first trade with the Colts and then trade with the Lions. They also trade with Balt later in the 1st and then make another move that gives them an additional second. I don't have them trading DHop in this mock. My guess at this point is that he starts the season on the team and the Cards move him mid season to a contender for 2024 picks.

The Cardinals will first swap picks with Indi in the first round. The Colts get #3 overall and the Cardinals get #4, #79 and #138 in 2023 and a 2024 3rd.

Then the Cardinals trade the #4 pick(Ind) and #79(Ind) to the Lions for the #6 and #18 overall picks.

The Cardinals trade pick #18(Det) to the Ravens for pick #22 and #86.

Then the Cardinals trade with Detroit again and move up from the 3rd round back into the 2nd. The Cardinals trade #66 and #105 for the Lions #55 overall pick.

This gives the Cardinals the following picks to work with in 2023:

You must be registered for see images attach

#6 - Tyree Wilson - Edge - Texas Tech
6'6" 271lbs

Elite NFL frame with great length. Doesn't have the speed off the line like Anderson has. However he has multiple moves to get to the passer. Instant starter.

#22 - Bryan Bresee - DT - Clemson
6'5" 298lbs

High Motor guy who played at a high level weekly against the top talent that College football had to offer. Great use of hands to shed blockers. Can collapse the pocket. The Cardinals instantly improve their front seven with the additions of Wilson and Bresee.

#34 - John Michael Schmitz - C - Minn
6'3" 301lbs

The Cardinals snag the best center in the draft. It's about time the Cardinals address their OL via the draft and Schmitz is a nice start.

#55 - Kelee Ringo - CB - Georgia
6'2" 207lbs

Cornerback with great size. Very strong in run support. Would instantly compete for a starting spot. Needs to be more consistent.

#79 - Darius Rush - CB - S. Carolina
6'2" 198lbs

Darius has the size and length that NFL teams look for in a NFL CB. Probably would have gone in the 2nd round of other drafts but the CB position is so deep this year he can be easily had in the 3rd round. He had a great senior bowl week where he excelled against his peers.

You must be registered for see images

#96 - Tyjae Spears - RB - Tulane
5'10" 201lbs

I watch a ton of UCF games and got to watch in horror as Spears shredded the Knights defense. This kid has great vision running the ball and sets up his blocks. He has another gear where he gets up to speed in the flash of an eye. He also possesses decent hands when catching the ball out of the backfield. A deep RB field allows him to slide to late in day 2 of the draft.

#138 - KJ Henry - Edge - Clemson
6'4" 251lbs

You can never have too many pass rushers. Henry would add another young athletic pass rusher to the mix. He is super quick off the snap and is a high character team captain that the coaches love.

#168 - Sean Tucker - RB - Syracuse
5'9" 207lbs

Another RB who slides in the draft due to so much depth at the position. Tucker is built low to the ground with very strong legs. he keeps those legs churning and gets the tough yards.

#180 - CJ Johnson - WR - E. Carolina
6'1" 224lbs

Big physical WR who is difficult to bring down. Lacks speed and doesn't get much separation but will win contested balls with his size and strength.

#213 - Max Duggan - QB - TCU
6'1" 207lbs

Shot in the dark at QB. Has strong leadership skills and is coachable. Surveys the field. Lacks arm strength. Could be a backup in the NFL.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like a lot of the guys you picked, but losing out on Anderson would hurt. Not sure I see us drafting 2 RBs right given the guys we brought back, even if the value is good.

Yes losing out on Anderson is very difficult. However landing Wilson and Bresee could help fix the DL for years to come. It’s hard to tell how much drop off there is between Anderson and Wilson. Clearly Anderson is the better prospect.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes losing out on Anderson is very difficult. However landing Wilson and Bresee could help fix the DL for years to come. It’s hard to tell how much drop off there is between Anderson and Wilson. Clearly Anderson is the better prospect.
I think it's folly to compare Anderson and Wilson. They are two very different types of players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like a lot of the guys you picked, but losing out on Anderson would hurt. Not sure I see us drafting 2 RBs right given the guys we brought back, even if the value is good.
Agree on this point too, and I like other RBs more. I generally like backs with more size than either of those two.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson