MadCards 2023 Cardinals Mock Draft Final

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my second mock I had the Cardinals making moves that accumulated extra picks but had them missing out on Anderson. The more I think about it the more confident I am that the Cardinals need to select Anderson if he is available when they pick. For that reason alone I had to redo my mock to flush that thought!

In order to draft Anderson that leaves the Colts as the best/only option for trading the #3 overall pick and still landing him. Thankfully there is enough hype going around about a handful of teams willing to trade up to the #3 overall spot that Indi will play it safe and make a trade with the Cardinals to secure their QB.

With that said the Cardinals and Colts swap picks in the first round. The Colts get #3 overall and #105 overall the Cardinals get #4 and #35 overall giving the Cardinals two early 2nd rounders.

The Cardinals will then pick up an extra 4th from the Jets by trading the #35 overall pick to the Jets for the #42 and #112 overall picks.

This gives the Cardinals the following picks to work with in 2023:

You must be registered for see images attach

#4 - Will Anderson - Edge - Alabama
6'3" 253lbs
This is a no brainer. The Best player in the 2023 draft at a position the Cardinals desperately need. The Cardinals can begin rebuilding their defense around one of the best pass rushers to come out of college in years. Everything that he did at the Combine just proved what an amazing athlete this kid is. Instant Starter and I am happy!

#34 - John Michael Schmitz - C - Minn
6'3" 301lbs
This has been my second round selection for the Cardinals in all three of my Cardinals Mocks. The Cardinals end up snagging the best center in the draft. It's about time the Cardinals address their OL via the draft and Schmitz is a nice start. Instant starter.

#42 - Kelee Ringo - CB - Georgia
6'2" 207lbs

Cornerback with great size. Very strong in run support. Would instantly compete for a starting spot. Needs to be more consistent. Could easily be a starter on day one.

#66 - Cedric Tillman - WR - Tenn
6'3" 213lbs
I like Tillman as a NFL prospect better than his teammate Hyatt who should go earlier in the draft. Tillman reminds me of Courtland Sutton from the Broncos. Ironically Tillman's dad (Cedric Tillman Sr) played for the Broncos. Tillman is a big physical WR with the size and hands that NFL teams look for. The Cardinals need to add size to their WR room and Tillman would do just that.

#96 - Keeanu Benton - DT - Wisconsin
6'4" 309lbs
Benton is a big powerful defensive tackle with surprising athleticism for a man his size. Leader of the Badger defense. This kid has a nonstop motor with the size and strength to clog the middle.

#112 - KJ Henry - Edge - Clemson
6'4" 251lbs

You can never have too many pass rushers. Henry would add another young athletic pass rusher to the mix. He is super quick off the snap and is a high character team captain that the coaches love.

#168 - Sean Tucker - RB - Syracuse
5'9" 207lbs

Another player who I have picked in all three of my Mocks. Tucker is built low to the ground with very strong legs. he keeps those legs churning and gets the tough yards. Depth at the RB position causes him to drop to the 5th round.

#180 - Cory Trice - CB - Purdue
6'3" 206lbs

Trice is a big CB who isn't afraid to get down and dirty. He is a bit of a prospect but who isn't this late in the draft. You can never have too many DBs.

#213 - Max Duggan - QB - TCU
6'1" 207lbs

Shot in the dark at QB. Has strong leadership skills and is coachable. Surveys the field. Lacks arm strength. Could be a backup in the NFL

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't normally look at mocks beyond the first round of so. But, I like the idea of your qb in the fifth or later.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Anderson and a starting center what’s not to love.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to apologize for my last mock draft and missing out on Anderson. That was foolish!

:stick:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'd be very happy with this overall. The first four picks all make perfect sense.

FYI - You said we'd be getting #42 and #112 up top, but then have #138 instead of #112 below. Not sure which one you meant or if it really matters. There are other RBs I like better than Tucker (Tank Bigsby, Kendre Miller) that I would pounce on if available with that extra pick acquired from the Jets rather than the extra pass rusher, but it's all a flip of a coin anyway that late in the draft.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be very happy with this overall. The first four picks all make perfect sense.

FYI - You said we'd be getting #42 and #112 up top, but then have #138 instead of #112 below. Not sure which one you meant or if it really matters. There are other RBs I like better than Tucker (Tank Bigsby, Kendre Miller) that I would pounce on if available with that extra pick acquired from the Jets rather than the extra pass rusher, but it's all a flip of a coin anyway that late in the draft.

AHHHHH! Cut and paste error from my previous mock! LOL

Man I need you to review all of my documents at work!!!

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In my second mock I had the Cardinals making moves that accumulated extra picks but had them missing out on Anderson. The more I think about it the more confident I am that the Cardinals need to select Anderson if he is available when they pick. For that reason alone I had to redo my mock to flush that thought!

In order to draft Anderson that leaves the Colts as the best/only option for trading the #3 overall pick and still landing him. Thankfully there is enough hype going around about a handful of teams willing to trade up to the #3 overall spot that Indi will play it safe and make a trade with the Cardinals to secure their QB.

With that said the Cardinals and Colts swap picks in the first round. The Colts get #3 overall and #105 overall the Cardinals get #4 and #35 overall giving the Cardinals two early 2nd rounders.

The Cardinals will then pick up an extra 4th from the Jets by trading the #35 overall pick to the Jets for the #42 and #112 overall picks.

This gives the Cardinals the following picks to work with in 2023:

#4 - Will Anderson - Edge - Alabama
6'3" 253lbs
This is a no brainer. The Best player in the 2023 draft at a position the Cardinals desperately need. The Cardinals can begin rebuilding their defense around one of the best pass rushers to come out of college in years. Everything that he did at the Combine just proved what an amazing athlete this kid is. Instant Starter and I am happy!

#34 - John Michael Schmitz - C - Minn
6'3" 301lbs
This has been my second round selection for the Cardinals in all three of my Cardinals Mocks. The Cardinals end up snagging the best center in the draft. It's about time the Cardinals address their OL via the draft and Schmitz is a nice start. Instant starter.

#42 - Kelee Ringo - CB - Georgia
6'2" 207lbs

Cornerback with great size. Very strong in run support. Would instantly compete for a starting spot. Needs to be more consistent. Could easily be a starter on day one.

#66 - Cedric Tillman - WR - Tenn
6'3" 213lbs
I like Tillman as a NFL prospect better than his teammate Hyatt who should go earlier in the draft. Tillman reminds me of Courtland Sutton from the Broncos. Ironically Tillman's dad (Cedric Tillman Sr) played for the Broncos. Tillman is a big physical WR with the size and hands that NFL teams look for. The Cardinals need to add size to their WR room and Tillman would do just that.

#96 - Keeanu Benton - DT - Wisconsin
6'4" 309lbs
Benton is a big powerful defensive tackle with surprising athleticism for a man his size. Leader of the Badger defense. This kid has a nonstop motor with the size and strength to clog the middle.

#112 - KJ Henry - Edge - Clemson
6'4" 251lbs

You can never have too many pass rushers. Henry would add another young athletic pass rusher to the mix. He is super quick off the snap and is a high character team captain that the coaches love.

#168 - Sean Tucker - RB - Syracuse
5'9" 207lbs

Another player who I have picked in all three of my Mocks. Tucker is built low to the ground with very strong legs. he keeps those legs churning and gets the tough yards. Depth at the RB position causes him to drop to the 5th round.

#180 - Cory Trice - CB - Purdue
6'3" 206lbs

Trice is a big CB who isn't afraid to get down and dirty. He is a bit of a prospect but who isn't this late in the draft. You can never have too many DBs.

#213 - Max Duggan - QB - TCU
6'1" 207lbs

Shot in the dark at QB. Has strong leadership skills and is coachable. Surveys the field. Lacks arm strength. Could be a backup in the NFL
Thoughtfully done....thank you.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Picks I like:

1. Anderson. Best marriage of need and talent in the draft. Should be, at a minimum, a foundation player for the defense.

2. Schmitz. Most pro ready center in the draft. I almost think he goes late round one because he's a pretty darn good prospect.

3. Ringo. Once the sight of him getting destroyed by Harrison Jr started to dissipate, it's hard not to like a big corner who plays the run real well. I see him as a future good #2 CB.

4. Tillman. Love him at this spot. I think he goes earlier though because he has real desirable attributes.

5. Benton. See #4. I just can't see him lasting this long because the relative dearth of DTs in the draft.

Players I don't:

1. KJ Henry. Just say no to old pass rushers with very modest production. He had five years to make an impact and he didn't. He'll be destroyed as a 4-3 end too. He was bad at establishing outside contain in college, so he'll be even worse in the NFL.

2. Sean Tucker. He's probably my RB #10 or later. Nothing particularly good about him. His best case scenario is backup.

3. Duggan. I know this is virtually a throw away pick, but I don't see any real NFL potential in this guy.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players I don't:

1. KJ Henry. Just say no to old pass rushers with very modest production. He had five years to make an impact and he didn't. He'll be destroyed as a 4-3 end too. He was bad at establishing outside contain in college, so he'll be even worse in the NFL.

2. Sean Tucker. He's probably my RB #10 or later. Nothing particularly good about him. His best case scenario is backup.

3. Duggan. I know this is virtually a throw away pick, but I don't see any real NFL potential in this guy.

yeah late in the draft you are going to have some red flags with players. However I really like Tucker. He is built low to the ground and has speed and power.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What happened to Ringo as a prospect? I thought he was considered a potential top 10 pick?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want to apologize for my last mock draft and missing out on Anderson. That was foolish!

:stick:
I think they are going to miss on Anderson because he’ll be gone when they pick. I don’t think they are married to Anderson. I think they are married to securing the most picks. Prepare yourself. I think many on this board are going to have a meltdown come draft night.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are going to miss on Anderson because he’ll be gone when they pick. I don’t think they are married to Anderson. I think they are married to securing the most picks. Prepare yourself. I think many on this board are going to have a meltdown come draft night.
It's possible. The Texans might go with the sure thing and take Anderson at #2. That's why I made sure to mention "if he is available when they pick." If he is gone then it makes the Cardinals decision easy and they sell the #3 pick to the highest bidder. They should be able to get quite a haul seeing as either Young or Stroud will be on the board then.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If Anderson is gone by the time we pick, Jalen Carter is next up IMO. And I'd still follow the same policies i have in place for Anderson when it comes to a trade back.

Only with the Colts unless we get a monster haul from someone.

1. Trade back with the Colts for a good return if both Anderson and Carter are available. Draft Anderson.
2. Trade back with the Colts for a huge return if only Carter is available. <-- Means the Colts will get a top 2 Qb and should have to pay more.
3. Draft Anderson at 3 and don't move. He's my clear #1
4. Draft Carter at 3 and don't move. He's my clear #2.

If we trade back to 6 or later..... It better be for "franchise altering" level assets because it wont be worth it otherwise. That's my opinion.

QuebecCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's possible. The Texans might go with the sure thing and take Anderson at #2. That's why I made sure to mention "if he is available when they pick." If he is gone then it makes the Cardinals decision easy and they sell the #3 pick to the highest bidder. They should be able to get quite a haul seeing as either Young or Stroud will be on the board then.

Or Indy moves up to #2 to secure QB#2, and the CARDS either take Anderson or hope that someone will pay the freight for the third pick and QB#3. If not, the Texans have their QBOF at #4. If the CARDS get (accept) a trade down, the Texans get Anderson and a possible QBOF at #12.

There is no end to the permutations in this draft; it would seem.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ringo is physical, aggressive and has great ball skills. However he will get caught with his eyes in the backfield and lose coverage at times often ending in a pass interference call.
I would absolutely bet on Ringo. He has traits for days and wants it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If Anderson is gone by the time we pick, Jalen Carter is next up IMO. And I'd still follow the same policies i have in place for Anderson when it comes to a trade back.

Only with the Colts unless we get a monster haul from someone.

1. Trade back with the Colts for a good return if both Anderson and Carter are available. Draft Anderson.
2. Trade back with the Colts for a huge return if only Carter is available. <-- Means the Colts will get a top 2 Qb and should have to pay more.
3. Draft Anderson at 3 and don't move. He's my clear #1
4. Draft Carter at 3 and don't move. He's my clear #2.

If we trade back to 6 or later..... It better be for "franchise altering" level assets because it wont be worth it otherwise. That's my opinion.
No on Carter man. Being out of shape when he needs to be in shape is a huge red flag.

Take Wilson if Anderson is gone, but trade down. If Wilson is gone, take Weatherspoon or Gonzalez.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No on Carter man. Being out of shape when he needs to be in shape is a huge red flag.

Take Wilson if Anderson is gone, but trade down. If Wilson is gone, take Weatherspoon or Gonzalez.
Yeah. I'm almost completely off the board with Carter, I might take a chance on him if we get a later 1st or if he lasts until 2nd round. Not specifically a fan, but I would understand.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Yeah. I'm almost completely off the board with Carter, I might take a chance on him if we get a later 1st or if he lasts until 2nd round. Not specifically a fan, but I would understand.
I don't let the draft offseason and narrative overtake what my eyes saw on the field. He's either the same as or more talented than Will Anderson IMO. If the legal is sorted out...... You cannot ignore that. Especially when his offseason was so wrapped up in that legal stuff.

Bad decisions sure..... But not stock killing. He's much better than Wilson. And that's a stone cold fact.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't let the draft offseason and narrative overtake what my eyes saw on the field. He's either the same as or more talented than Will Anderson IMO. If the legal is sorted out...... You cannot ignore that. Especially when his offseason was so wrapped up in that legal stuff.

Bad decisions sure..... But not stock killing. He's much better than Wilson. And that's a stone cold fact.

How about showing up out of shape at pro day? How about his inconsistency on the field? Those are red flags. He's potentially more talented than Anderson, not that he is. His floor is hardcore bust and ceiling is higher than Anderson, sure.

He's a just boom/bust player with questionable work ethic, not even counting legal troubles. It's Robert Nkemdiche 2.0, except it's not the 29th pick.

We don't have the team or talent where he would succeed. He would benefit in a team like Eagles or Hawks.

Now enter legal problems, or at minimum a look into his character. The questionable work ethic is enough to not pick him top 10. He's a much bigger gamble that Wilson.