MadCards 2023 Cardinals Mock Draft Final

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How about showing up out of shape at pro day? How about his inconsistency on the field? Those are red flags. He's potentially more talented than Anderson, not that he is. His floor is hardcore bust and ceiling is higher than Anderson, sure.

He's a just boom/bust player with questionable work ethic, not even counting legal troubles. It's Robert Nkemdiche 2.0, except it's not the 29th pick.

We don't have the team or talent where he would succeed. He would benefit in a team like Eagles or Hawks.

Now enter legal problems, or at minimum a look into his character. The questionable work ethic is enough to not pick him top 10. He's a much bigger gamble that Wilson.
Pro day = Draft offseason. And it's safe to say he really had a bad one. Filled with an inability to focus or prepare for being a ballet dancer in his underwear. I will not overlook the 2 years of inescapable dominance on the field in the SEC for two straight National title runs.

He was just the most dominant interior line player in college football for two straight years. Probably the most dominant since Quinnen for sure and maybe even better than that.

The Rams sucked when they got Donald. He could be that good. Probably not THAT good, but very very good. The Rams picked at #10 the next year (Gurley) and then #1 the year after (Goff). They SUCKED. You draft the best players. That's how you become the team with the most talent over time.

I'd bet he's gone by pick 7. And I think that's a lock. I thick the Hawks take him at 5 if he's there and we are menaced by him for a decade.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pro day = Draft offseason. And it's safe to say he really had a bad one. Filled with an inability to focus or prepare for being a ballet dancer in his underwear. I will not overlook the 2 years of inescapable dominance on the field in the SEC for two straight National title runs.

He was just the most dominant interior line player in college football for two straight years. Probably the most dominant since Quinnen for sure and maybe even better than that.

The Rams sucked when they got Donald. He could be that good. Probably not THAT good, but very very good. The Rams picked at #10 the next year (Gurley) and then #1 the year after (Goff). They SUCKED. You draft the best players. That's how you become the team with the most talent over time.

I'd bet he's gone by pick 7. And I think that's a lock. I thick the Hawks take him at 5 if he's there and we are menaced by him for a decade.

He was also on a stacked team and he played how many % of snaps? If we take him he's gotta be the star we build around and the leader on the line.

Hawks would benefit from having him, yes. He fails here in Arizona.

If we are drafting best players we draft Anderson. You draft Carter on boom potential, and a very easy "should have seen it coming" if he does fail. Not worth the risk for a 3rd pick. A later pick, sure.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He was also on a stacked team and he played how many % of snaps? If we take him he's gotta be the star we build around and the leader on the line.

Hawks would benefit from having him, yes. He fails here in Arizona.

If we are drafting best players we draft Anderson. You draft Carter on boom potential, and a very easy "should have seen it coming" if he does fail. Not worth the risk for a 3rd pick. A later pick, sure.
Anderson is my clear #1. But if you make me pick at three or four and I am choosing between Wilson or Carter...... It's Carter 100 times out of 100. I may choose the CB from Oregon over Wilson also if both Anderson & Carter aren't there.

Snap counts for DLine is a thing for sure which is a reason why Anderson is a better pick, but I'm not choosing lesser talent over a top 5 DLine prospect of the last 10 years.

Hell...... You'd have a hard time convincing me to not take any of the top 4 QB's not named Levis before I took Wilson that high. At 8 to 12, sure..... But not between 3 and 6.

Just my opinion.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't let the draft offseason and narrative overtake what my eyes saw on the field. He's either the same as or more talented than Will Anderson IMO. If the legal is sorted out...... You cannot ignore that. Especially when his offseason was so wrapped up in that legal stuff.

Bad decisions sure..... But not stock killing. He's much better than Wilson. And that's a stone cold fact.
Naw man think about it. This pick matters a ton. If Carter busts this situation gets a lot worse.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Naw man think about it. This pick matters a ton. If Carter busts this situation gets a lot worse.
Do you seriously think Carter has a bigger chance to bust than Wilson?

I just can't get there. Anderson for sure #1. Carter or maybe the CB or OT has to be next unless you like playing russian roulette.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Absolutely. DTs already have a large bust rate. Fat lazy DTs that are entitled and think they don't have to work get owned in the NFL.
I just can't get there. Anderson for sure #1. Carter or maybe the CB or OT has to be next unless you like playing russian roulette.
Carter is probably prospect #10 for me now.

I'd take Anderson, Wilson, Weatherspoon, Gonzalez, Van Ness, Bresee, Porter Jr., Skoronski, and Paris Johnson over him.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
No on Carter man. Being out of shape when he needs to be in shape is a huge red flag.

Take Wilson if Anderson is gone, but trade down. If Wilson is gone, take Weatherspoon or Gonzalez.
A teammate died and everything that surrounded that led up to Carter being out of shape, I give him a push on that!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
What happened to Ringo as a prospect? I thought he was considered a potential top 10 pick?
Some people see him more as a safety or slot CB. If you watch his tape he’s not smooth, he’s choppy. He’s awkward coming out of the break. Some still see him late first. He’d be worth a shot where mad has him. I see Trice as a safety as well. Tillman, Benton and Schmitz are solid. I don’t think Duggan is an NFL starter.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

I can’t accept the maturity of a guy with his previous issues showing up at Pro Day out of shape.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people see him more as a safety or slot CB. If you watch his tape he’s not smooth, he’s choppy. He’s awkward coming out of the break. Some still see him late first. He’d be worth a shot where mad has him. I see Trice as a safety as well. Tillman, Benton and Schmitz are solid. I don’t think Duggan is an NFL starter.

What is your take on Tucker? My friend is a huge Cuse fan an I watched him play a few times. I fell in love with this kid and his extra gear. How do you think Tucker's play translates to the NFL?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave