MadCards 2023 Cardinals Mock Draft V1.0

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’d be pretty stoked with either draft (though like you I question the rb).
Kendre Miller is a big back with good size. Not a ton of wiggle, but he's faster than Conner.

I'm not a huge fan of small fast guys, especially earlier in the draft. Shades of Leland McElroy and JJ Arrington.

As fast as Achane is, he doesn't have a lot of lateral movement to his game. Sometimes guys with straight line speed end up being pretty limited since it's rare that a back can just take a hand off and run fast in a straight line.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well you can draft the better Georgia TE, Brock Bowers next year.

This is something I don't think anyone in the draft community factors in but I would guess teams do (good ones anyway).

Good teams should be factoring in what next year's class looks like in all position groups and shifting their priorities accordingly. For example if next years receiver class looks loaded I'd skip drafting one high this year in a relatively weak class.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is something I don't think anyone in the draft community factors in but I would guess teams do (good ones anyway).

Good teams should be factoring in what next year's class looks like in all position groups and shifting their priorities accordingly. For example if next years receiver class looks loaded I'd skip drafting one high this year in a relatively weak class.
You can do this sometimes. Sometimes you have a need and a player fits that need right now.

TE isn't even in the Cardinals top five needs. TE is probably near the bottom of the Cardinals needs. And TEs generally take a few years to really get going, so why use a high pick on a low need position? It's a bad idea.

And as good as Washington is, Brock Bowers is way better. If you watched Georgia the past few years, Bowers was head and shoulders their best offensive player and it isn't even close.

Bowers might walk away from college football as the single greatest college TE ever. He's a two time All American and the Mackey award winner as a sophomore.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can do this sometimes. Sometimes you have a need and a player fits that need right now.

TE isn't even in the Cardinals top five needs. TE is probably near the bottom of the Cardinals needs. And TEs generally take a few years to really get going, so why use a high pick on a low need position? It's a bad idea.

And as good as Washington is, Brock Bowers is way better. If you watched Georgia the past few years, Bowers was head and shoulders their best offensive player and it isn't even close.

Bowers might walk away from college football as the single greatest college TE ever. He's a two time All American and the Mackey award winner as a sophomore.

Two very different players though. Really depends what you are looking for.

But yes, they shouldn't be drafting any TE in the first 5 rounds for sure this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Two very different players though. Really depends what you are looking for.

But yes, they shouldn't be drafting any TE in the first 5 rounds for sure this year.
I would look at a later round TE. Either a TE from a big time school who blocks well, or a size speed freak developmental type.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kendre Miller is a big back with good size. Not a ton of wiggle, but he's faster than Conner.

I'm not a huge fan of small fast guys, especially earlier in the draft. Shades of Leland McElroy and JJ Arrington.

As fast as Achane is, he doesn't have a lot of lateral movement to his game. Sometimes guys with straight line speed end up being pretty limited since it's rare that a back can just take a hand off and run fast in a straight line.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

@MadCardDisease

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Oh I know who he is. Just not a big fan. At least not that high. And I’m more fan of wiggle and movement than I am pure speed. Leshon Johnson taught me that lesson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr