Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many teams score 40? Honestly. It happens, but not that much over all teams in a season. Plus, isn't that what our defense is there for? There have been many teams that pair a great defense, ability to run the ball, and a great kicker to win lots of games. Even in today's pass heavy NFL. Still gotta be able to run the rock!
Six times we have given up over 30 points. I’m not disagreeing with the benefits of running the ball. However, we are one dimensional offense with no ability to score quickly and big. As you said it’s a pass heavy league. If they score 31, then we need to have the ability to score 32.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Six times we have given up over 30 points. I’m not disagreeing with the benefits of running the ball. However, we are one dimensional offense with no ability to score quickly and big. As you said it’s a pass heavy league. If they score 31, then we need to have the ability to score 32.
Running the ball does reduce the amount of times they get the ball in a game, making it harder for them to score over thirty, if we could truly get to running for 200 yards per game as a team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And how many times does a team run for 200 yards?
There were at least 25 games showing for the previous season when stat muse cut the list off on me because I am not signed up for the full package. So it seems to occur quite often.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Arians forged his own exit. Let's not forget how he stubbornly refused to change problem areas like Amos.
Dude imagine living through the last eight seasons, watching BA win a ‘chip, and still saying this.
If we were a playoff team, people wouldn't shut up about it.
Yes. We’re running against light boxes because we’re down by two scores.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were at least 25 games showing for the previous season when stat muse cut the list off on me because I am not signed up for the full package. So it seems to occur quite often.
Well as of the end of today there will have been 240 games played.
I get it. You want to run the ball.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re running against light boxes because we’re down by two scores.
Wrong. Conner has 50 rushes and a 5.7 yard average when the Cardinals are leading and 59 rushes with a 4.8 yard average when they're trailing. Overall, the Cardinals have 102 rushes with a 4.7 yard average when leading and 194 / 4.9 when trailing.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well as of the end of today there will have been 240 games played.
I get it. You want to run the ball.
I think it's something that will make this team successful. Murray needs help on the offense. Even it was just 150 yards a game, it would open up the passing routes better for Murray.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So this was K1s best game statistically by quite a bit.

No turnovers. Stayed within the offense. He made what plays he could.

He also ran for 32 yards on five carries.

I'm not saying he was great, or even good, but maybe some better WRs could make some plays on those balls to sideline?

Let's roll baby.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this was K1s best game statistically by quite a bit.

No turnovers. Stayed within the offense. He made what plays he could.

He also ran for 32 yards on five carries.

I'm not saying he was great, or even good, but maybe some better WRs make some plays on those balls to sideline?

Let's roll baby.

You must be registered for see images attach
“Made what plays he could”

Smh that guy left tons of plays on the field today. You watch same game?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
“Made what plays he could”

Smh that guy left tons of plays on the field today. You watch same game?

Yeah, I watched the whole game Shane. I'm not saying Murray was standing back there dealing.

I am saying he protected the ball better today and that he gave Conner, Wilson and Dortch a chance to make plays. Conner made a bunch. Dortch made a couple. Wilson made none.

Jesus look at our WR group today. Dortch, Wilson, Moore, Pascal and then I don't know who.

Is that really fair man? I mean seriously? Dortch Wilson Moore and Zach Pashcal?

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you have so MANY bad players, on both sides of the ball, it is really difficult to fairly evaluate individual players.

And, no, I am not cutting Murray or anyone else slack.

That’s the problem with just punting on an entire season. This year accomplished absolutely nothing. We have no more answers about the future going into next season then we had going into this one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison