Game balls

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Baker has been pretty invisible through 4 games. Don’t recall anything good or bad he’s done so far. Not necessarily a bad thing, I think he’s just playing deep a lot more this year? Not sure.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Life is good eh Sooner Lou?

You should have been on the board leading up to the draft where we took Murray. The debate on whether to draft him or not was truly epic. Supercharged with emotion, and I'm sure it would have come to blows if the discussions had been live and in person.

Back then, I called Murray a "generational" and "transcendent" talent. Some believed, most didn't. I think the believers have been pretty well vindicated. When 100% healthy, Murray dominates a game. Just dominates it.

But let me see if I can rile up doubters again. I 100% believe the following:

Murray is going to lead my beloved Cardinals to a Superbowl Championships. AND,

Kyler Murray is going to be the greatest NFL player of all time.
Huge Murray fan and I won't get into some of the hyperbole (I've been bad about that before), but this dude can make every throw on the field. Every week he's making different throws from different angles. Last couple games it was on the run throwing dimes. Today he put some passes where very few NFL QB's can put them and they were touch, finesse passes. The throw to Hop on the sidelines over a defender, nobody makes that throw. The TD throw between 3 or 4 defenders, right in the pocket, and over a LB, that is some touch we haven't seen from Murray.

He's a different QB this year. I don't care what anyone says. You see his face in between plays? This isn't someone playing games, playing madden, doing twitch, this is a serious NFL QB and one of the best in the NFL.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's not expected of Edmonds?
By general expectations Kyler is a franchise quarterback expected to play great and lead the team to the promised land.
While Chase is a great guy.... he was not a #1 overall pick and general expectation is that he is just a guy, easily replaceable when his contract is up.
He didn’t play like just a guy today

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was the epitome of a team effort. Kyler was absolutely a master of what was going on out there. All said and told, we’ve had games where we blew out the competition by bigger margins, we’ve had bigger games (like playoffs), we’ve had games where I’m sure the numbers showed more domination. But I don’t think we’ve had as big a win where most thought we were legit dogs, had as much riding on it, and just flat out ended up dominating so squarely. Im guessing many non-cardinals fans called this game over a lot earlier than us long timers could breathe easy.

And kyler has truly taken a giant step this season, and in this game in particular. He’s no longer just a physical phenom. The cerebral side of the game is much evident. I love having the guy that snatches other teams souls for a change!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By general expectations Kyler is a franchise quarterback expected to play great and lead the team to the promised land.
While Chase is a great guy.... he was not a #1 overall pick and general expectation is that he is just a guy, easily replaceable when his contract is up.
He didn’t play like just a guy today

Okay. Let me know when Kyler does enough to win a game ball on this board.

How many years have we cried about not having a franchise QB? Hello, we have one. And we are 4-0 to start this season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to imagine a better win for me than than Dallas in wild card weekend with plummer

I expected to beat Dallas in that game. Me, Ouchie and other brother were chanting WE WANT DALLAS! WE WANT DALLAS! in the corridors of Sun Devil Stadium after Jackie’s kick got us in the playoffs.

Personally, I still think the playoff massacre in Carolina en route to the Super Bowl was the most shocking win I’ve ever seen. Carolina was 12-4, had been in the Super Bowl a couple years earlier and we were “the worst playoff team ever”. And then we just MAULED them and basically ended Jake Delhomme’s career.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to imagine a better win for me than than Dallas in wild card weekend with plummer

I expected to beat Dallas in that game. Me, Ouchie and other brother were chanting WE WANT DALLAS! WE WANT DALLAS! in the corridors of Sun Devil Stadium after Jackie’s kick got us in the playoffs.

Personally, I still think the massacre in Carolina en route to the Super Bowl was the most shocking win I’ve ever seen. Carolina was 12-4, had been in the Super Bowl a couple years earlier and we were “the worst playoff team ever”. And then we just MAULED them and basically ended Jake Delhomme’s career.

But today was freaking awesome. This team looks like it’s a REAL contender.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Chris_Sanders
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Crazy thing is I think AJ Green dropped one, Chase probably should have pullled that one on the sideline in, and the refs missed the play Hopkins caught it near the goaline. He's been on point and there's still room for improvement with his ball placement.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Okay. Let me know when Kyler does enough to win a game ball on this board.

How many years have we cried about not having a franchise QB? Hello, we have one. And we are 4-0 to start this season.
I think he won one in week one.
I picked one player.... Edmonds ran for 120 yards on 12 carries... a very good game for any RB

Kyler threw for 268 and 2 TDs.... an average game for any starting quarterback in the nfl.

He did play pretty mistake free football for maybe the first time ever. But game balls are given to the players who have an exceptional performance... not to guys who just didn’t screw up