Game balls

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think he won one in week one.
I picked one player.... Edmonds ran for 120 yards on 12 carries... a very good game for any RB

Kyler threw for 268 and 2 TDs.... an average game for any starting quarterback in the nfl.

He did play pretty mistake free football for maybe the first time ever. But game balls are given to the players who have an exceptional performance... not to guys who just didn’t screw up
Kyler played the exact game needed to win today. HE made big plays when needed and then managed the game when that was needed. Didn't let the Rams get momentum back and didn't force something trying to pad his stat sheet. Most impressive game I have seen him play this year.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Kyler played the exact game needed to win today. HE made big plays when needed and then managed the game when that was needed. Didn't let the Rams get momentum back and didn't force something trying to pad his stat sheet. Most impressive game I have seen him play this year.
I agree. We needed a mistake free game and that’s what he delivered.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kyler played the exact game needed to win today. HE made big plays when needed and then managed the game when that was needed.
maybe his best game as a pro, even if the stats dont compare to others

stayed patient, took big plays when they were there, used his legs when he needed to -- total command.

such an impressive game from a young QB

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I expected to beat Dallas in that game. Me, Ouchie and other brother were chanting WE WANT DALLAS! WE WANT DALLAS! in the corridors of Sun Devil Stadium after Jackie’s kick got us in the playoffs.

Personally, I still think the massacre in Carolina en route to the Super Bowl was the most shocking win I’ve ever seen. Carolina was 12-4, had been in the Super Bowl a couple years earlier and we were “the worst playoff team ever”. And then we just MAULED them and basically ended Jake Delhomme’s career.

But today was freaking awesome. This team looks like it’s a REAL contender.
Funny story my son and I were at that Carolina game. We took a train into town for the game. On the way back to our hotel, the train car was packed and as it slowly emptied (we were the last stop), there was a Delhomme jersey hanging at the back of the car. It had a note on it "free to a Cardinals fan as he was the best player on your team". I still to this day wish I would have taken it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny story my son and I were at that Carolina game. We took a train into town for the game. On the way back to our hotel, the train car was packed and as it slowly emptied (we were the last stop), there was a Delhomme jersey hanging at the back of the car. It had a note on it "free to a Cardinals fan as he was the best player on your team". I still to this day wish I would have taken it.
How did you not?!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think he won one in week one.
I picked one player.... Edmonds ran for 120 yards on 12 carries... a very good game for any RB

Kyler threw for 268 and 2 TDs.... an average game for any starting quarterback in the nfl.

He did play pretty mistake free football for maybe the first time ever. But game balls are given to the players who have an exceptional performance... not to guys who just didn’t screw up
I give it to him because he was throwing dimes.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
He only ran a few times and each one were backbreaker for the rams d. Murry took a massive step forward this offseason

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe his best game as a pro, even if the stats dont compare to others

stayed patient, took big plays when they were there, used his legs when he needed to -- total command.

such an impressive game from a young QB
If we needed it today he could have passed for 400 yards again. Easily.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Not gonna lie...I thought KK was trash, but dude has seriously stepped up every aspect of his playcalling, design, philosophy, etc. K1 has been absolutely on fire and looks like a top 5 QB. Defense is legit when basically everyone was hating on Vance and the geriatric d line. I've been hating on Keim forever and he's put together a bad a$$ roster, or so it seems thus far. Team looks like they're having fun and just awesome to see it resulting in success. Cards come to play and can't be taken for granted, which is an odd thing to say.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I could give many game balls but Jalen Thompson is the one I choose. Been trying to tell everyone the kid is gonna be a stud since his rookie year. He started to shine during the last 4-5 games of his rookie season, just battled injuries last year. He was all over the field yesterday.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't read whole thread but I thought Max Garcia played quite well. There were some glitches here and there, Jones had some issues but for the most part the OL held up with help from Kyler against a really good defense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Haven't read whole thread but I thought Max Garcia played quite well. There were some glitches here and there, Jones had some issues but for the most part the OL held up with help from Kyler against a really good defense.
Garcia and Jones were ok vs a tough matchup. Jones struggled with his timing on helping inside and then kicking out to get to the edge player. Some absolute lowlights for Jones but again, this is what learning can look like. Kyler did a good job navigating it which was the most impressive thing for me.

DJ Humphries gets some BS calls.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler played great. But it’s expected of him, no?
That play in the third where he bolted up the middle then pulled up and tossed it for the first.... excellent! That’s exactly what I want to see from a mobile quarterback.
It’s 1000% Murray. Without him, we lose by 3 touchdowns. The right side of our OL was atrocious, and a mortal QB would have been sacked 10 times. And why the love for Vance? The Rams ran through us like paper, but had to start passing because Murray posted 24 points by the half. If we’re not scoring, the Rams would still be running the ball down our throats. Until I see less of Hicks on that field, I have no respect for Vance Joseph.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort