Dbacks vs. Reds series thread

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Good lord there is no way they can send Owings down at this point. The guy isn't over dominating but he is terribly efficient and appears to be a damn nice fielder

I agree. It's been nice knowing you EdGon.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This team is severely lacking a home run threat. Tracy or Jackson need to go...... there is no room in this league for two weak hitting corner infielders

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
This team is severely lacking a home run threat. Tracy or Jackson need to go...... there is no room in this league for two weak hitting corner infielders

Pretty much. I really hope that we can get Cabrera, but I doubt it.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Great outing by Owings, but just no offense for this team. Quentin and Young might help, but I don't know, they are pretty young. Tracy needs to be moved.

I think packaging Byrnes and Tracy might net something nice, though probably not a veteran power hitter, perhaps a 3B prospect? I have no idea.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great outing by Owings, but just no offense for this team. Quentin and Young might help, but I don't know, they are pretty young. Tracy needs to be moved.

I think packaging Byrnes and Tracy might net something nice, though probably not a veteran power hitter, perhaps a 3B prospect? I have no idea.
And which young third basemen would you trade for that's any better than Tracy?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The crowd was extremely pathetic.

I was in section 114 myself. What row were you in ( I was in 22)? A foul ball from Byrnes landed 2 rows behind me and a 65+ year old dove head first into the empty row to get the ball. I laughed for a solid 5 minutes...... and then all my drunk friends passed out again

Ha, I was in the same row. I thought I saw someone that looked familiar, must have been you. Was it one of your friends who stole a shirt that someone caught in their glove? :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Jackson needs to go because his defense is killing this team.

It's sad to say that there isn't a player on this team that is a sure thing to hit over 25 home runs this season

HooverDam

Reaction score
And which young third basemen would you trade for that's any better than Tracy?

Apparently you missed the "I have no idea" part of my post. Honestly I don't follow other teams minor league prospects to know whats out there.

I disagree w/ moving CoJack though, he's defense is a mess, but so is Tracy's. Defense is more important at 3rd base, and I think CoJack has a higher ceiling than Tracy (who I think is probably peaked).

I'll probably catch hell for this, but if I was the Dbacks management, I'd listen to trade offers for Hudson. Callaspo could man second (though not nearly as good defensively) and could be decent at the plate. Hudson, a gold glove winner who his hitting great last season and this, is one of the view pieces the Dbacks have that other teams covet (outside of their untouchable prospects). If the Dbacks could get some power (but not garbage like Glaus or Sexton) for Hudson, I'd seriously entertain the idea.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Apparently you missed the "I have no idea" part of my post. Honestly I don't follow other teams minor league prospects to know whats out there.

I disagree w/ moving CoJack though, he's defense is a mess, but so is Tracy's. Defense is more important at 3rd base, and I think CoJack has a higher ceiling than Tracy (who I think is probably peaked).

I'll probably catch hell for this, but if I was the Dbacks management, I'd listen to trade offers for Hudson. Callaspo could man second (though not nearly as good defensively) and could be decent at the plate. Hudson, a gold glove winner who his hitting great last season and this, is one of the view pieces the Dbacks have that other teams covet (outside of their untouchable prospects). If the Dbacks could get some power (but not garbage like Glaus or Sexton) for Hudson, I'd seriously entertain the idea.

No offense, but I'm glad you're not.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
How was traffic going home after the Dbacks game? Did it interfere with the Suns game?

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, I was in the same row. I thought I saw someone that looked familiar, must have been you. Was it one of your friends who stole a shirt that someone caught in their glove? :)

Maybe, a shirt came down right in front of us and one of them got it. Did you see the old couple who tried to catch the shirt and the husband elbowed his wife right on top of the head? Hilarious! I don't think he stole it but who knows.... I actually don't know him or the other kid who passed out drunk a couple times during the game (friends of another guy there). Anyway that was a pretty good game, HR's left and right

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Jackson needs to go because his defense is killing this team.

It's sad to say that there isn't a player on this team that is a sure thing to hit over 25 home runs this season

Give me a break. He's had one bad defensive game this year and you want to ship him away? 1B is the least demanding defensive position which is exactly why most 1B are not very good in the field.

Conor has great plate discipline, almost unheard of for a young player. The power will come and he definitely shouldn't be traded simply because he isn't a "power hitting" corner infielder. I will bet money that by the end of this season his OBP will be higher then any other Dback. I also won't be surprised if he has the most RBI's (if Melvin ever sticks to a consistent lineup).

Bottom line is that CoJack isn't even close to his peak potential and to trade him would be stupid. Tracy is another story. I hope he turns it around but he looks lost. We won't be able to get much in return but I'd gladly take some very solid pitching prospects in return and also some relievers. If the reports were true that the Angels wouldn't give up Saunders for Tracy then I'm very skeptical at what we could get

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
We don't have the money to get Cabrera. I might be wrong but isn't a free agent after this year? He would be an unbelievable signing but it simply won't happen.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't have the money to get Cabrera. I might be wrong but isn't a free agent after this year? He would be an unbelievable signing but it simply won't happen.
Why don't we have the money? I thought we had one of the lowest payrolls in the league right now...I'm not being a pain...I don't get how all that money crap works, so I'm just looking for an explanation.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Why don't we have the money? I thought we had one of the lowest payrolls in the league right now...I'm not being a pain...I don't get how all that money crap works, so I'm just looking for an explanation.

We still have roughly $100 million dollars of deferred payments to make good on. Kendrick and Co. have budgeted how they plan to erase that deficit (I believe it's $25 million per year) which means we will be extremely frugal when it comes to signing players. There was a great article on this subject during the offseason, I'll try and find it for you.

It is a fact that we have a very low payroll and it's going to stay that way for probably 2-3 more years. Dback FO has said that they will start going after top dollar players in the coming offseasons but that depends on a lot of different factors.

Also, while Miguel Cabrera is an obviously proven player, I still don't think he's the type that Byrnes would go after. Usually GM's like Byrnes don't go after $70+ million dollar/long term contract players which is exactly what Cabrera is. Would I love to see him in AZ? Of course!

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Give me a break. He's had one bad defensive game this year and you want to ship him away? 1B is the least demanding defensive position which is exactly why most 1B are not very good in the field.

I don't know what team you're watching and am really starting to question your acumen on the subject. Conor Jackson had the 2nd worst fielding percentage among qualified 1B last year and the third most errors at the position.

Teams can afford these types of gaffs because their 1B bring something more to the table.... something CJ doesn't, like a productive bat

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what team you're watching and am really starting to question your acumen on the subject. Conor Jackson had the 2nd worst fielding percentage among qualified 1B last year and the third most errors at the position.

Teams can afford these types of gaffs because their 1B bring something more to the table.... something CJ doesn't, like a productive bat

Did I say anything about last year? It was obvious how badly he struggled last year IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON.... I'd say his bat was just fine last year IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON. He's in his freakin 2nd year and he will improve both at the plate and in the field

I find it odd that you question my "acumen on the subject" when you want to throw a top prospect away after one year. If you haven't noticed, Stenbrenner isn't our owner and we can't go buy anyone we want. Why don't you give CoJack at least a couple years to see if he can live up to your lofty expectations? Did you expect him to break into the league and win a GG and hit 35+ HR's?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did I say anything about last year? It was obvious how badly he struggled last year IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON.... I'd say his bat was just fine last year IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON. He's in his freakin 2nd year and he will improve both at the plate and in the field

I find it odd that you question my "acumen on the subject" when you want to throw a top prospect away after one year. If you haven't noticed, Stenbrenner isn't our owner and we can't go buy anyone we want. Why don't you give CoJack at least a couple years to see if he can live up to your lofty expectations? Did you expect him to break into the league and win a GG and hit 35+ HR's?

He hasn't shown ANY improvement on defense or at the plate. I watched him all spring, he hasn't made any progress. Tracy and CJ cannot co-exist on this team and expect to have any success this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard