Suns @ Pelicans Friday game thread 1-19-2024

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We just scored so much they couldn't bring the physical power aspect into the game

Book scored like the defense couldn't pay all their attention on him - slowed down once they concentrated but he opened other's up

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Vogel asked Beal if he wanted to guard Ingram or Zion. Beal said they decided to put KD on Ingram. So Beal had to guard Zion.
Both played great D on them, that's the main reason for the win. Booker was very attentive to switches and held his own on D. We didn't give up open 3pt shots much that disrupted opponents' shooting touch severely.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so you guys know that when it seems like Ouchie and I are “piling on”, we’re probably not even aware what the other has written. We just scarily share the same brain sometimes. Almost to the second, evidenced by tonight’s text exchange:

You must be registered for see images attach

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Didn't matter who was defending Book tonight, he was just on one. And when they started selling out on him hard, he got a LOT of open look for others. But, what was more impressive was how locked in the team was defensively. It certainly helped that NO was missing some makeable shots, but the effort and intensity was there from the jump. Great team win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Real solid win, I would like the Suns to do a better job of sticking with the offense and avoid these spurts of hero ball, but overall, big improvements of late.
It was so incredibly obvious how the team bogged down and failed to score when book and Durant went hero ball. When they didn’t it was beautiful. Vogel should pull the two of them aside and show them that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ll say this as well - this isn’t the type of team that is exciting athletically or with dunks, but when they play like tonight it is entertaining to watch just really fundamentally sound basketball. I guess that’s what being a spurs fan felt like. Not flashy - just always watching good basketball.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they hadn’t had that bizarre meltdown against the Grizzlies, this team would probably be the talk of the league right now.

I’m good with them flying under the radar for now.

But the last four games have been pretty promising.
Um no. The last 4 and a half quarters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had 12 in the first quarter. I thought he'd be a problem all night but he pulled an Ayton, of sorts. Active early and then didn't do much.
Dude looks like a shell of what he was. He’s either the super version of Ayton who just doesn’t have the drive to be be truly great but is so stupid talented that he can still flash or his body is just one of those incredible marvels that just somehow can’t maintain the nightly pounding of professional sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson