Dbacks vs. Reds series thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes!!! No runs. Let's win it with the big guys up.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go Hairston!!! Diamondbacks win!!!!!!!!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man so glad the dbacks won this one whew and what a amazing start to the season keep it going DBacks :)

HooverDam

Reaction score
Just got back from the game, some thoughts:

Attendance, is absolutely pathetic. Around 21K, I didnt expect it to drop down so much for the 2nd game. People were leaving in the 7th and a lot left when extras started.

Also, during the bottom of the 9th, in a tie game, with a full count, people were trying to start the wave-wtf?

The lack of power is really going to hurt the D-Backs later this year. Maybe once Carlos Quentin and Chris Young are healthy that will help, but already having 2 extra innings game due to a lack of scoring is a bit unnerving.

Either way, fun game, I narrowly missed catching 2 foul balls.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Just got back from the game, some thoughts:

Attendance, is absolutely pathetic. Around 21K, I didnt expect it to drop down so much for the 2nd game. People were leaving in the 7th and a lot left when extras started.

Also, during the bottom of the 9th, in a tie game, with a full count, people were trying to start the wave-wtf?

The lack of power is really going to hurt the D-Backs later this year. Maybe once Carlos Quentin and Chris Young are healthy that will help, but already having 2 extra innings game due to a lack of scoring is a bit unnerving.

Either way, fun game, I narrowly missed catching 2 foul balls.

I was at the game myself and I had the same thoughts about the crowd. The wave, what the hell. We have a reputation for having dumb fans, and it is things like that that make me agree.

Where were you sitting? I was in 114 and just missed a couple foul balls myself.

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
I've never gotten a foul ball, but if you show up to BP, especially if they are playing a crap team like the Pirates, it's not that hard to catch a ball. I caught one on the fly last year in Cincinnati and then got it signed by Jason Bay.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I was at the game myself and I had the same thoughts about the crowd. The wave, what the hell. We have a reputation for having dumb fans, and it is things like that that make me agree.

Where were you sitting? I was in 114 and just missed a couple foul balls myself.

The crowd was extremely pathetic.

I was in section 114 myself. What row were you in ( I was in 22)? A foul ball from Byrnes landed 2 rows behind me and a 65+ year old dove head first into the empty row to get the ball. I laughed for a solid 5 minutes...... and then all my drunk friends passed out again

HooverDam

Reaction score

I should also note that when they tried starting the wave in the 9th inning I stood up and shouted "stop doing the wave in the bottom of the 9th you morons!!!! Of course, no one two sections over could hear me, which made me yell more. "I know where you all live! All of you! Im going to come to your homes and murder you with a tire iron!" That comment seemed to amuse those in my half empty section- hope there weren't any kids around! :p

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Someone asked me and I didn't know so...why do D-Backs games start at such a weird time, 6:40?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone asked me and I didn't know so...why do D-Backs games start at such a weird time, 6:40?

One reason was for the kids. The games are long so if they start earlier, the kids can see more of the game.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good lord there is no way they can send Owings down at this point. The guy isn't over dominating but he is terribly efficient and appears to be a damn nice fielder