Suns @ Pelicans Friday game thread 1-19-2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday the Suns play the Pelicans in New Orleans.

Afterward, they return home to play the Pacers on Sunday and the Bulls on Monday.

The Suns are now 22-18 thanks to a tremendous 4th quarter comeback over the Kings.

Pelicans are 24-17 but play the Hornets at home on Wednesday.

When: Friday, 1-19-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 6:00 PM Arizona time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bit exhausted didnt zzz till like 2 after kings crazy w :)

Hope to see same effort vs pelicans by record im guessin zion playin havent watched them much

Bong will be rdy or edibles :)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are now in the group of teams of 5 through 8 in the western conference. It feels good to not be in the spots 9-12.

Hopefully we can solidify a top 6 spot by all star.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are now in the group of teams of 5 through 8 in the western conference. It feels good to not be in the spots 9-12.

Hopefully we can solidify a top 6 spot by all star.

I want that 6th spot to avoid the play-in.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
In the NBA, nearly every game, with most teams, there is a 50/50 chance of winning. The Suns need a strong 4th quarter to be in position for a W

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go Suns. I give them a fifty percent change of winning. That’s twenty five percent more then last week
I give them 25% chance still.

I'm sorry a bad showing against Portland, 3 and 1/2 quarter's of a bad showing and a half quarter of play unlike any other point of the season doesn't give me much confidence.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think tonight should tell us if the fourth quarter curse of Sweet Caroline has finally been broken - I think she'll show up from time to time but just not every night

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good test. The Suns simply can't win against the lower tier teams and continue to struggle against the good teams. If they can't figure out how to beat the best in the West there is no hope in the playoffs anyway. I am just hoping they can continue to string together wins and figure this out against the best in the league.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
This is a good test. The Suns simply can't win against the lower tier teams and continue to struggle against the good teams. If they can't figure out how to beat the best in the West there is no hope in the playoffs anyway. I am just hoping they can continue to string together wins and figure this out against the best in the league.
I think rather than looking at win/loss record against these teams, it might be better to examine which of these upcoming opponents have athletic young bigs that our bigs can't keep up with. So, for instance, Nurk can maybe handle a lumbering uber-talented Joker perhaps better than a lesser-talented Sabonis. And why Suns beat Lakers but lose to teams like the Spurs twice, when all the other teams crush the Spurs. Against these athletic tough teams, we can't defend the paint and then coincidentally struggle with covering 3's. Seems like a winning formula for these young teams to beat Suns even if their W/L record is not so great.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think rather than looking at win/loss record against these teams, it might be better to examine which of these upcoming opponents have athletic young bigs that our bigs can't keep up with. So, for instance, Nurk can maybe handle a lumbering uber-talented Joker perhaps better than a lesser-talented Sabonis. And why Suns beat Lakers but lose to teams like the Spurs twice, when all the other teams crush the Spurs. Against these athletic tough teams, we can't defend the paint and then coincidentally struggle with covering 3's. Seems like a winning formula for these young teams to beat Suns even if their W/L record is not so great.
I don't disagree with your points but at the end of the day the win/losses determines who you are going to face in the playoffs. Your record against those teams is a likely indication of how well your match ups with said teams will play out.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't disagree with your points but at the end of the day the win/losses determines who you are going to face in the playoffs. Your record against those teams is a likely indication of how well your match ups with said teams will play out.
I guess what I was alluding to, was that the pundits say that the hardest schedule is still ahead of the Suns in terms of W/L record. All very true. Whereas my point was that perhaps the teams that give the Suns the most fits are behind us due to bad matchup (too young and athletic)....just a thought.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess what I was alluding to, was that the pundits say that the hardest schedule is still ahead of the Suns in terms of W/L record. All very true. Whereas my point was that perhaps the teams that give the Suns the most fits are behind us due to bad matchup (too young and athletic)....just a thought.
Our record against the best isn't so hot. So if both are giving us fits and we can't figure out either side of the spectrum we are in trouble. However, 7-3 with the big three in the lineup is at least encouraging.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Why wasn't Okogie there? He needs shooting practice more than anyone. He could make bank if he could even become a decent shooter but until then he'll be a minimum signing who only gets on the floor because of defense. If he won't work on his shooting then he should be learning passing skills to become a PG of sorts.