Dbacks vs. Reds series thread

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug Davis faces Bronson Arroyo in tomorrow's home opener. Television coverage at 6:30 on 3TV.

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
This one is going to be tough. Davis needs to have a good start and go at least 6 for us to win. Arroyo looked pretty good in his first couple of starts and we are going to have to bring our best game to win tonight. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I believe it's going to be tough.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's sad that opening day isn't a sellout. stupid phoenix fair weather fans

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That IS stupid. Freaking night game too, you lame-ass citizens!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also noticed the team has the 5th lowest payroll, below even KC.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I also noticed the team has the 5th lowest payroll, below even KC.

We have a ton of players making the minimum.... We're the Devil Rays with better scouts

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

I am going!!! It is sad that opening day isn't a bigger event here in PHX. I am looking forward to it though.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
The game is close to being sold out. I think I heard that we haven't sold out a game in 2+ years so I'm not going to nitpick over 2,000 seats being unsold. Besides the game is on a Monday. The weekend would have been a completely different scenario.

jason

Reaction score
I'll be there! I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited. Although not a very long-standing tradition, I have made the last three home openers and plan to make MANY, MANY more.

Go DBACKS!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The Dbacks have been horrible for the past few years, so it's not a shock that the opener isn't sold out. With winning comes attendance.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
The Dbacks have been horrible for the past few years, so it's not a shock that the opener isn't sold out. With winning comes attendance.

Not to pick on you WastedFate, but I am really getting tired of hearing that for all of Phoenix's teams. This is a city now that ranks as the 5th largest in the US I believe and the only team that typically sells out is the Suns. Phoenix just has too many fairweather fans that need to show support for their now "home" team. I do. Granted I am still a St. Louis sports team fan and always will be but any AZ team comes first. Phoenix gets a horrible rep for their fan support and that needs to change. People need to get off their arses and get out to the games and support your teams and your hometown. Show some freakin pride.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Man the stadium is looking great. I like the new red dugouts. The home uniforms look great. The Reds' new away uni's are looking pretty good too. Gametime is just around the corner, I can't wait!

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Roof open tonight. Looks like a beautiful night there tonight. I'm jealous. It's nice and cold here :hammer:

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Not much going on in the 1st. I'm watching on FSN Ohio and the Reds announcers have had a lot of good things to say about the D-Backs organization. They mentioned what a class act O-Dog is and also spoke on how impressive our farm system has been in recent years.

T2 0-0

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least you live in Arizona (right?) I'm stuck in garbage Indiana where it was 90 degrees a week ago and 30 degrees right now :bang:

Tucson. I could not get today off because of a meeting this afternoon. I definitely would be there if I could.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Could the Reds have possibly signed someone older than Jeff Conine?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard