Suns @ Pelicans Friday game thread 1-19-2024

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
I think we have a big 4 - Pelicans respected Allen on offense

I'm sure we have a BIG FOUR,,, Allen finally got his 3-ball going late in the game, played defense well, earned his way for his spot.
He knows his roll in this group, charges the lane to score or deflects to another open shooter. Don't trade him, pay him!!

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
8-3 since Beal came back, 5th in NBA on offense and 13th on defense. Would have been nice to have had a healthy Beal from the start to really evaluate how good this team is. We've had such a bad fortune with injuries but seem to be hanging in there. 23-18 is on pace to win 46 games, where Beal would have averaged 34 games for the season and the big 3 would have averaged 20 games played together for the season.

I mean that shows you we're probably more like a 50+ win team with a healthy Beal + KD/Book, but I question whether we will get the fortune of a healthy big 3 the rest of the season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kept wating for Jose Alvarado to give the Pelicans a bump. He doesn't look like the same player the Suns faced in the playoffs. The same with Larry Nance Jr.

Both would have looked nice in a Suns uniform.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I could take one player off the Pelicans team, it would be Brandon Ingram. He does it all, including being a distributor.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I could take one player off the Pelicans team, it would be Brandon Ingram. He does it all, including being a distributor.
He’s basically a poor man’s version of KD. Pelicans are in disarray. I like BI but not on our team as presently constructed.

Now the rookie Jordan Hawkins….he can flat out shoot it. I’d like him or Trey Murphy as additional 3 point threats.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s basically a poor man’s version of KD. Pelicans are in disarray. I like BI but not on our team as presently constructed.

Now the rookie Jordan Hawkins….he can flat out shoot it. I’d like him or Trey Murphy as additional 3 point threats.

I'd make room for Ingram at small forward, but I'm only admiring from afar.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I kept wating for Jose Alvarado to give the Pelicans a bump. He doesn't look like the same player the Suns faced in the playoffs. The same with Larry Nance Jr.

Both would have looked nice in a Suns uniform.
Agree. Alvarado didn’t even play many minutes. Maybe only 7 which I found puzzling. I think nance was less effective because he didn’t have lazy Ayton to abuse.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like the perfect type of game to get Yuta some minutes in mop up time to maybe help his slump. Big miss imo from Frank not to get the guy some garbage minutes looking down the line he could be a great shooter off the bench if he can get his confidence back…

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like the perfect type of game to get Yuta some minutes in mop up time to maybe help his slump. Big miss imo from Frank not to get the guy some garbage minutes looking down the line he could be a great shooter off the bench if he can get his confidence back…

I think Yuta could be waived if we are able to find someone to sign on the buyout market. Bol Bol was that guy and he's seemingly safe now. Damien Lee is still the most likely casualty but amongst active players I think Yuta is.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Yuta could be waived if we are able to find someone to sign on the buyout market. Bol Bol was that guy and he's seemingly safe now. Damien Lee is still the most likely casualty but amongst active players I think Yuta is.

Agree. I think Yuta Watanabe is the most expendable player on the Suns 15 man roster.

KBD and Goodwin are other candidates for waiving but I like Goodwin's defense.

If Damion Lee comes back healthy, I think he helps the Suns depth.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree. Alvarado didn’t even play many minutes. Maybe only 7 which I found puzzling. I think nance was less effective because he didn’t have lazy Ayton to abuse.
The main reason is we paid very close attention to defensive spacing and switching and limited their open opportunities. None of their sharp 3pt shooters came to life. Zion had to earn his driving pts through tight contests. But Nance would be perfect for the Suns roster.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree. I think Yuta Watanabe is the most expendable player on the Suns 15 man roster.
KBD and Goodwin are other candidates for waiving but I like Goodwin's defense.
If Damion Lee comes back healthy, I think he helps the Suns depth.
Yuta, Goodwin, Damion, KBD, Eubanks are the most dispensible parts right now. Damion if healthy may be slightly better than Yuta.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuta, Goodwin, Damion, KBD, Eubanks are the most dispensible parts right now. Damion if healthy may be slightly better than Yuta.

I'd like to keep Eubanks. The Suns need size, even if he is not playing well at the moment.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't see Goodwin being waived. He's young and we should have the ability to resign him cheap. I believe he'll be a restricted free agent since he was a 2nd round pick and on a rookie deal. He hasn't played well lately but we should keep him due to his age and upside.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't see Goodwin being waived. He's young and we should have the ability to resign him cheap. I believe he'll be a restricted free agent since he was a 2nd round pick and on a rookie deal. He hasn't played well lately but we should keep him due to his age and upside.
I don't see much upside from Goodwin and actually would place Saben Lee ahead of him in rotation. Just my opionion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson