Cards targeting LeBeau?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron Wolfley with KTAR has the three coaches below as possible targets for the DC search:

1. Keith Butler
2. Ray Horton
3. Dick LeBeau

He thinks LeBeau's contract is up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is LeBeau's motivation coming to AZ? The only thing he has to gain is warmer weather. He has accomplished all he needs to.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lebau was about to retire prior to them winning their first of the two most recent Superbowls. He saw they had a good team and thought they'd be able to win a couple more, so he signed an extension. Squeelers won another SB, that extension is now up, and I don't see why he wouldn't retire now. He's like 80 anyway.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Lebau was about to retire prior to them winning their first of the two most recent Superbowls. He saw they had a good team and thought they'd be able to win a couple more, so he signed an extension. Squeelers won another SB, that extension is now up, and I don't see why he wouldn't retire now. He's like 80 anyway.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
LeBeau, like Whiz, is an avid golfer. He met a woman I know golfing---and dated her briefly about two years ago. She said he was on the links practically every day he possibly could. In AZ, LeBeau could play golf year round.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LeBeau, like Whiz, is an avid golfer. He met a woman I know golfing---and dated her briefly about two years ago. She said he was on the links practically every day he possibly could. In AZ, LeBeau could play golf year round.

Great we could have him on the golf course and Grimm at a Springsteen concert while we get scored on to the tune of 70 points a game and give up 10 sacks. I think we already have one ex-Steelers coach who retired on our payroll do we really need another?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Grimm needs to find a job where he can watch Springsteen at halftime all year round.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
Great we could have him on the golf course and Grimm at a Springsteen concert while we get scored on to the tune of 70 points a game and give up 10 sacks. I think we already have one ex-Steelers coach who retired on our payroll do we really need another?
:lmao:Very well put.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if lebeau contract is up and he retires we are not getting butler.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Umm YES! If Labeau leaves Pitt. I don't care how old he is he would be a great hire. His body of work including as recently as this year is SUPERB.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm YES! If Labeau leaves Pitt. I don't care how old he is he would be a great hire. His body of work including as recently as this year is SUPERB.
Yes. Even if his only contribution is picking the best pass rusher at #5. :)

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Dick LeBeau is such an icon in Pittsburgh...there is no way he would be let go...in fact, if it came down to it, they would let Mike Tomlin go before they would let Dick LeBeau go. Imagine how villified Tomlin would be if he turned the defense over to Bulter and the team started to lose or not play up to its traditional standards.

The only way LeBeau winds up in AZ is if he insists on leaving---and how likely is that?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Are you serious ?

This is Dick LeBeau. Unlike Grimm he is a proven winner, and coach.

Yeah, I think I would be all over getting Dick LeBeau into AZ, in a heart beat if the opportunity arose.

Grimm deserves to be questioned, but Dick LeBeau certainly does not.

The guys is beyond proven.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you serious ?

This is Dick LeBeau. Unlike Grimm he is a proven winner, and coach.

Yeah, I think I would job all over Dick LeBeau in a heart beat if the opportunity arose.

Grimm deserves to be questioned, but Dick LeBeau certainly does not.

The guys is beyond proven.

Yup!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dick LeBeau is such an icon in Pittsburgh...there is no way he would be let go...in fact, if it came down to it, they would let Mike Tomlin go before they would let Dick LeBeau go. Imagine how villified Tomlin would be if he turned the defense over to Bulter and the team started to lose or not play up to its traditional standards.

The only way LeBeau winds up in AZ is if he insists on leaving---and how likely is that?
About as likely as McNabb starting for the Cards next year. :)

(Sorry, Mitch, I could not resist.)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
his contract is up this year? yeah... they win a super bowl and my guess is he retires and Butler stays in Pitt and we get someone who a) has never been a DC before and b) probably sucks.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I assure you, there is a zero percent chance LeBeau leaves Pittsburgh to come to Arizona as Defensive Coordinator. Not a single chance.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assure you, there is a zero percent chance LeBeau leaves Pittsburgh to come to Arizona as Defensive Coordinator. Not a single chance.
People said there was zero chance that Kurt Warner could get the Cards to the Super Bowl. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard