Cards targeting LeBeau?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this would probably be the most shocking thing to ever happen to the Cards coaching wise if it came true. An icon, coaching one of the best defenses for the best franchise in football decides at 70 to uproot his entire life and go coach one of the worst defense for the worst franchise football? come on. that's just ridiculous and if it is our big plan... we're freaking ********.

I agree. LeBeau has the opertunity to retire at the top. Why would he want to come to the mess that we have here in AZ? We have zero linebackers to run his system. The only reason he would want to come here is to prove he could turn crap into gold.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I agree. LeBeau has the opertunity to retire at the top. Why would he want to come to the mess that we have here in AZ? We have zero linebackers to run his system. The only reason he would want to come here is to prove he could turn crap into gold.

The reasons you stated is the reasons it will never happen!!! No way, no how, nada!!! LeBeau may not get offered a new deal & may retire , but he isn't stupid enough to coach this bunch of clowns.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Yup. 12-33 as a head coach. Proven winner.

Yup. It definately says head coach.

There is no way I am talking about the decades of success as the DC in Pittsbugh. The rings, and the success of the defense speaks for itself.

Nope, I meant the head coach, just didn't mean that, type that, or even fart in that direction.

You must be registered for see images

So are you arguing that Dick LeBeau isn't a good defensive coordinator?

No. Not at all.

Last edited:

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I assure you, there is a zero percent chance LeBeau leaves Pittsburgh to come to Arizona as Defensive Coordinator. Not a single chance.

or a single chance of the Cardinals actually go to a Super-Bowl or sign Edgerrin James or Emmit Smith. All shockers to the Nfl and everyone else at the time. These all came true.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
or a single chance of the Cardinals actually go to a Super-Bowl or sign Edgerrin James or Emmit Smith. All shockers to the Nfl and everyone else at the time. These all came true.

No they weren't. James and Smith were cast off from their former teams and the Cards offered them more money and less pressure than they would get anywhere else.

If you want to talk about the Cardinals and long odds bring up Warner. A washed up former SB MVP signing with the Cards as a stop gap QB, the Cards drafting a highly touted college QB in the top 10 a year later, and Warner QBing the Cards in the SB two years later. Now that's some really, really long odds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson