Cards QB plan: pure speculation

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to look at the Watson situation as "one spot." There's nothing saying we didn't try to move up - but we simply weren't going to offer what the Texans offered up, which was a first round pick. At that point in the draft, we were probably only willing to give up a 3rd or a 4th to move.

And that move worked out wonderfully for the Browns. Now they have the #1 and #4 and are going to get their QB of the future and an elite, blue chip player.
Nobody moves up in the top half of the 1st only offering 3rd and 4th's. Don't believe they tried. BA and SK still felt there was a window there still, and needed to add a pisition player or two to compete for a playoff spot. They had their eyes pn Baker obviously, cause that is the guy they moved up to get, not the QB.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't mean I'm wrong and I'm going on Keim's M.O. He's drafted exactly one QB and did so well on that one that that QB is now playing tight end. His not willing to trade up 1 spot to grab Watson goes to show how much he respects the position. And this team has drafted a QB in the first round twice since coming to Az. It's just not in this team's DNA to go QB in the first round.
You're correct in that Keim could very well choose to disregard taking a QB in the draft but I think the pressure right now is so immense and he knows if Bradford & Glennon fail he is gone, at least I hope he's smart enough to realize that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Nobody moves up in the top half of the 1st only offering 3rd and 4th's. Don't believe they tried. BA and SK still felt there was a window there still, and needed to add a pisition player or two to compete for a playoff spot. They had their eyes pn Baker obviously, cause that is the guy they moved up to get, not the QB.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
"Chicago dealt the No. 3 pick, their third round pick (No. 67), one of their fourth round picks (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to move up and take Trubisky, considered one of the draft’s top quarterbacks."

That was in the top 3. From 13 to 12 would have been less.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I still think the Cardinals are drafting Mason Rudolph in the first round or Lamar Jackson... be it at fifteen or moving back into the first to take advantage of that five year contract to develop him

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I still think the Cardinals are drafting Mason Rudolph in the first round or Lamar Jackson... be it at fifteen or moving back into the first to take advantage of that five year contract to develop him

I would prefer Jackson because i think he brings more to the team than Rudolph.I just hope Sk does address the QBOF issue this draft but i still think Cards pick a Mike White or Luke Falk or Kurt Benkert in rounds 3-5

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I would prefer Jackson because i think he brings more to the team than Rudolph.I just hope Sk does address the QBOF issue this draft but i still think Cards pick a Mike White or Luke Falk or Kurt Benkert in rounds 3-5

Personally I think Luke Falk is garbage and I would be pissed if we wasted a pick on him even in the 7th round.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Personally I think Luke Falk is garbage and I would be pissed if we wasted a pick on him even in the 7th round.
i have seen some highlights and a bit of some games on TV and he looks like a mid-late choice that can be a spot starter backup type in a couple of years with coaching and some improvement.Nothing earth shaking by any means.A guy who can fill a role.Not a franchise changer at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson