Cards Fans on This Board

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
47 years here. The Coryell years and the Kurt Warner years were the best. The rest? Meh....but they are my home team and I will love/hate them to the end more than likely.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Looks like I am one of the younger fans. Cardinals fan for 15 years, half of my life I have had this disease. Grew up in a state w/ no professional team and parents who aren't big sports fans. Weird path to the Cardinals bandwagon for me.

seesred

Reaction score
Since 88. I look ahead to every year! The team has never been good for my sick heart. I will leave this world with my jersey on.

GBR

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and fans around the world like me ..from italy..probably the only cardinals supporter in the country

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
35 years here. I am also one of the 5 fans that live in Arkansas.

We had a few more Cards fans in Arkansas when Steve Little played for them for a year. When Steve came back to Little Rock the Cards built him a home for his disabilities and you would often see him in the local hangouts in his wheelchair. He was a quadraplegic. His brother I believe lived with him and cared for him. He was the third highest draft pick for a kicker in NFL history. He kicked a 67 yard field goal 1n 1977 and it still is an NCAA record. Frank Broyles recruited Little as a QB. He was from Overland Kansas.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
55 years and still behind them 100%. Nothing could make me change and I'm on my 3rd city!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
46 years for me. Still love seeing that helmet with the cardinal and it doesn't matter how bad they are I watch the games in their entirety.

wembley88

A Grand Old Team
Reaction score
Supported them for a few years while they were in St. Louis. Probably c28 years.

The game was getting bigger in the Uk and can't honestly remember why I picked out the cards as my team.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
49 years and counting... can't shake it, battered fan syndrome

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
67 rompin' stompin' years - from 1946 ( the year before we won the championship with the Dream Backfield of Angsmann, Trippi, Harder and Christman) - and still counting.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Been a fan the first day the arrived in AZ and never will stop being a fan.

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Holy crap , I just realized how fast time flies. I've been a Cards fan for over 20 years, since about '89/'90, when I first started watching football. I remember I was the only kid in middle school/high school wearing Cardinals gear. And I grew up in Tempe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Been a diehard for 17 years now...it would have ended 16 years ago if it wasn't for you sad sack sumbishes.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Texas Longhorns playing West Virginia in baseball today. The starting pitcher for West Virginia is....................... Dan Dierdorff. :eek:

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
67 rompin' stompin' years - from 1946 ( the year before we won the championship with the Dream Backfield of Angsmann, Trippi, Harder and Christman) - and still counting.

Special honors to go to John and Jeff for being alive when the Cardinals won their last Championship. You two should get free season tickets for your generations of commitment to the Cardinals. I would like to hear some stories from that season if you have any.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Special honors to go to John and Jeff for being alive when the Cardinals won their last Championship. You two should get free season tickets for your generations of commitment to the Cardinals. I would like to hear some stories from that season if you have any.

I think I deserve special honors too. I plan on living forever which gives me an outside chance of seeing them win their next championship.

Steve

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was only 8 years old. All I remember was watching the game on a B&W RCA floor-model TV, thinking that the Cardinal unis were actually black & white like modern-day Oakland. (helmets were all-white with no bird logo).

Key Eagle players I vaguely recall were Steve Van Buren, Tommy Thompson and Pete Pihos. Their HC was Greasey Neale.

Cards were coached by Jimmy Conzelman. Besides the Dream Backfield of Elmer Angsmann, Charlie Trippi, Pat Harder and Marshall "Biggie" Goldberg were other team members including Buster Ramsay, Vince Banonis, Mel Kutner, Pop Ivy, Stan Mauldin and Paul Christman (whom I always considered the fourth member of the Dream Backfield instead of Goldberg who was more of a defensive star).

I never knew this before but the field was frozen solid and the Eagles illegally filed down their cleats. Someone ratted them out and Philly was assessed 2 penalties.

Let me direct you to a book by Joe Ziemba titled: "When Football Was Football" - The Chicago Cardinals and the Birth of the NFL." It has everything you're looking for.

Last edited:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In 1967'....

at the tender age of (10) I "discovered" professional sports. I was thrilled to watch St. Louis conquer Boston in the world series, and hungry for more, it carried over to the Cards in football and the Blues in hockey. Mind you, I was in CT.....the land of the Giants, and Yankees, and Red Sox but I went a different way.

Of the 3, the baseball Cardinals, of course, have given me my greatest taste of winning BUT....every year....the Lombardi trophy...and the Stanley Cup... are possible. Probable? Maybe not, but that's WHY the phrase "Cinderella season" came to be. You never know when it's going to happen....Only...Only that it could....And that's WHY I watch. Because someday...it's gonna' happen! ....And I'm going to soak in every glorious second!

ONLY the truly long-suffering fan can appreciate fully the unexpected moment of finally winning. Favorites and front-runners will NEVER know "winning" in the same way. It's simply not possible.

Mark in SC :)

My honest evaluation of this year's team and its' chances?? Intriguing...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn