Cardinals' 2018 Retool is On and QBOF is Off

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I like Cousins but don't think we can compete with other teams (that have much more cap space) to sign him. Cards have $27 million, Browns have over $100 million and Jets have $80 million and both teams need a qb.

Difference is those teams will have their pick of a franchise guy. The Cards won too many games and will fall short. After the last two drafts; Goff, Wentz, Watson, Mahomes and Trubisky were all traded up for. Teams at the top won't be making the mistake again.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Difference is those teams will have their pick of a franchise guy. The Cards won too many games and will fall short. After the last two drafts; Goff, Wentz, Watson, Mahomes and Trubisky were all traded up for. Teams at the top won't be making the mistake again.

cleveland could sign Cousins,... then sign Leveon Bell...use the draft on Joe Thomas's replacement at LT and either a guy like Vita Vea or Billy Price
maybe sign Jarvis Landry

Cleveland could be really good next season if they play this right. with the young guys they have, 2 top 5 picks, and $118mil in cap space?

I still dont think they will draft a QB at 1...too big of a risk for their GM.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I still dont think they will draft a QB at 1...too big of a risk for their GM.
They could go Barkley #1, then draft a QB at #4.

Or

Barkley #1, Rowquan Smith at #4 then get Cousins or Smith at QB. That could propel them to good things even if the QB doesn’t pay off huge

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They could go Barkley #1, then draft a QB at #4.

Or

Barkley #1, Rowquan Smith at #4 then get Cousins or Smith at QB. That could propel them to good things even if the QB doesn’t pay off huge
they are sitting good for sure.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ah okay, I know who you are now.
Just a fan my friend....wanting that Lombardi trophy here in az.
I've always liked Dalton. Again a QB who can read a D. With that said I'm still 100% wanting Mr Cousins even at 20+ mill a year.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. Sign a vet.
2. Round 1-QB
3. Round 2-WR
4. Round 3-DB
5. Round 3-OL

This is my fantasy off season. The draft order doesn't matter to me as long as we get the QB, WR, CB, and OL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think I saw something, yesterday, that said the Vikings were going to pick Teddy, going forward...they are still very high on him and know exactly where he is with his recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitch, from everything I hear, the Cards will sign/trade for a vet qb and also draft one this year. I see McCoy working his system with the vet QB while QB Coach Leftwich really works with the rookie qb.
Who has said Leftwich will be retained? That's a job for Ken Dorsey who I imagine has a relationship with Wilks.

Whoops.Just saw this.

"It wasn't Arizona's only coaching move on Thursday. According toRapoport, the Cardinals are also retaining "up-and-coming" quarterbacks coach Byron Leftwich, a "key move" for Wilks' staff. Rapoport added that "former coach Bruce Arians has been outspoken about Leftwich’s future as a coach."

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I saw something, yesterday, that said the Vikings were going to pick Teddy, going forward...they are still very high on him and know exactly where he is with his recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
All Zimmer wants is a game manager. Bridgewater, at best, is a game manager.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Gambo is reporting the deal for McCoy, which he is expected to sign, is 2 years. Hmmm...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Gambo is reporting the deal for McCoy, which he is expected to sign, is 2 years. Hmmm...
I don't believe he is re-signed at the end of those two years. Also makes me wonder if we are getting a 30+ QB to pair him with in the two years.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t get why McCoy would try to bring in one of the guys in that pretty much got him fired. If he and Osweiler worked out then he’d still be employed by DEN.
Osweiler was the heir apparent after he moved to head coach. We never really got to see Brock play under McCoy since Manning was tearing it up that year.

I’m not against Osweiler on a super cheap contract to come be the backup in a similar way to Stanton 5 years ago.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Great initial post Mitch! Awesome

The only way it appears the Cards will ever get that young, stud 15 year vet is sucking, sucking some more then sucking again!

How many times has this franchise ever picked in the top 3? 3 times? 5 times? Not many & yet we’ve never drafted a QB at those spots when we’ve had them during my lifetime. This franchise has been around over 100 years & yet we’ve never drafted that great QB in rd 1 & he played for us! Never!

Sad that we haven’t sucked bad enough to find “that dude” to change our fortunes for a long stretch of seasons.
Yet teams do get SB QB's after the top 10. It's also a deep field of young guns this season as well. Might as well roll the dice while we're starting out fresh! New HC, new OC - let er Rip! :newcards::newcards:

Buckybird

Reaction score
Btw if Keim brings in Osweiler or Lynch, it would prove he knows nothing about the QB position & also the Cards future. I would fire Big Steve on the spot if I’m Michael Bidwill!!! I’m dead freaking serious :madarms::bang::madarms:

Then I would then fire McCoy for being an idiot & not willing to change his ways. Both QBs have proven they aren’t nfl starters

Buckybird

Reaction score
Yet teams do get SB QB's after the top 10. It's also a deep field of young guns this season as well. Might as well roll the dice while we're starting out fresh! New HC, new OC - let er Rip! :newcards::newcards:
Oh I agree, but it’s looking like the potential good ones will be long gone, which is why we need to trade up.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Btw if Keim brings in Osweiler or Lynch, it would prove he knows nothing about the QB position & also the Cards future. I would fire Big Steve on the spot if I’m Michael Bidwill!!! I’m dead freaking serious :madarms::bang::madarms:

Then I would then fire McCoy for being an idiot & not willing to change his ways. Both QBs have proven they aren’t nfl starters

I don't think Lynch will be available yet, and Lynch isn't McCoy's rumored guy anyways. But, I can't see why you'd be completely against signing Osweiler for $1m or so like we did Gabbert, especially if he can come in and know McCoy's offense right off the bat in minicamps that we'll be running before the draft even begins. We need camp arms too. It's a no-risk signing, one that could pan out if he's just more comfortable being back home in AZ. I'm talking 3rd QB money here.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
............ Comp% TD% INT% Rate salary/yr
Dalton .... 62.3 4.7 2.6 88.7 $16mil

Foles .... 60.1 4.4 2.1 87.4 $5.5mil
Dalton smokes him in yards..2013 when he was 27 td 2 int is the only reason he's in the ballpark. Dalton can read a D and is consistent. Foles one awesome NFC championship game and 2013. That's it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard