Call it spin if you want...

sw3j

Reaction score
But Darren Urban calmed me down with his latest blog post:

You look at how Warner was operating Sunday. He said he was hoping when he got to the line the Ravens would pick a defense and then he could call a play that would best work. Instead, Warner found the Ravens scrambling a bit themselves. So Warner was calling a play, then seeing the Ravens call a defense, and sometimes Warner would then change the play. That takes a lot of work, a lot of knowledge, and it makes sense that it would take someone with experience -- experience Leinart just doesn't have yet.

Complete posting here

After reading this, it makes perfect sense. I would not expect a second year player to understand the complexities of a Baltimore Ravens defense that is known for confusing QBs.

If we would have put Matt in this situation, regardless of his study time, he would have failed miserably.

Nothing against Matt, but you can't learn the intricacies of a complex defense in a week.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is complete spin.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats just absurd. Lets face it. Leinart sucks. He's out partying all the time......and probably haveing sex during the regular season.:sarcasm:

Give Whiz credit for preparing the team in case Leinart did have trouble. Thats coaching. We're not use to that.

I've posted numerous times that Leinart would struggle at times and it would be a huge mistake to think we could put this team on his back and he would flawleessly carry us to the promise land.
I can understand people wanting to start Warner. But be a fan. It's way to early in this kids career to start booing him Sunday after his first incompletion.

Reaction score
Give Whiz credit for preparing the team in case Leinart did have trouble. Thats coaching. We're not use to that.

I've posted numerous times that Leinart would struggle at times and it would be a huge mistake to think we could put this team on his back and he would flawleessly carry us to the promise land.
I can understand people wanting to start Warner. But be a fan. It's way to early in this kids career to start booing him Sunday after his first incompletion.
Exactly.

Good post!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard