Boldin

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'm hearing the extesion will get done and likely very soon.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Good news

Harry said:

No reason why it shouldn't. Put that 3 million saved on L.J. to good use.:thumbup:

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Q getting an extension would be a great way to cap off an awesome off-season. :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Harry said:

So the key word here is EXTENSION and not a BRAND NEW DEAL.

If true, very good job by the Cards holding to their guns on that part of the issue.

seesred

Reaction score
I would also like to know if you know what soon is? What a year..Let,s all pray we stay healthy.

GBR
In Green we trust

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Beensaying

it'll get done. Along with many others. Some of us guessed before camp or June 1st. I won't be suprised when it happens at all.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
prob by the end of next week

take that to the bank :thumbup:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
If we can get him signed soon that equals no problems in camp. God I hope we get him signed soon.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
andikrist said:
i don't think there was much actual cap savings in that cut - maybe 500,000

So the Cards save three million without having to spend that money on other players?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
So the Cards save three million without having to spend that money on other players?

I was talking about actual money spent versus using the salary cap ramifications. Forking over several million in signing bonus to Anquan AND Antrel Rolle is expensive.

CronosCard

Veteran
Reaction score
"..And in this corner.."

Regarding the Interview mentioning Q with Eric Green, I have thought alot about these two men, raised in the same socioeconomic situations, same neighborhood community, both played QB and excelled before switching positions, actually crossed each other's paths, mutual respect... I just have a great feeling about Eric Green to be able to step into the huge footprints left by Boldin on this team, professionalism and integrity-wise, if in no other way, and we still win.. The upside of Green on-field is, according to GilBrandt[this is 3rd person] he may be a longterm starter from day 1, this is the "potential"[there's that word again] Eric Green brings to our table. You know how Q is just "A man!" serious, intense, professional..That's how Green plays the game and approaches each day as well...,

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I understand the concerns are now mostly wording and side issues. I take it from what I am hearing that the money is largely agreed to. If you've ever seen a contract, it's easy to see why finishing it is so hard. There's no longer a standart contract. I think the Cards would like to have it done before June 1, but that may not be possible. My understanding on the minor issues is that none are deal-breakers.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So is it

just finishing up the way the guaranteed money is doled out?

GreenCard

Reaction score
The Quan is making sure he does'nt fall in Mr.Bidwill's trap.Remember A.Williams when he went to the Rams bitched about not being able to get all the free T-shirts he wanted---That won't happen to Q.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:

Only if they finish the season three million dollars under the cap could you argue that the Cards cut Shelton and didn't spend it on anyone else.

CronosCard

Veteran
Reaction score
"..And in this corner.."

Actually GreenCard,
what Aeneas Williams was pointing out to the Cards media
[and FirstandForemost to the Cardinal Faithful Fans, IMO] in that interview I believe, is quite poignant to our current-day Team and Organization. God Bless You and Yours, Aeneas!! :notworthy :cool:

The St.Louis Rams treated he and all their players assumably, with an organizational-WIDE sense of respect and fairness oviously lacking at the time in AZ.. I assume they treated the players and, in concert, all their employees First Class, as opposed to "coach" class at the time in AZ..
I will say Michael Bidwill and to a lesser extent Rod Graves have certainly made up for past shortcomings here, as has been widely noted!!!
GO CARDINALS!!! PLAYOFFS2005!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Harry do you hang around the facilities or what. Where are you hearing this. I imagine you are the same Harry that does articles for ASFN. Just wondering though. Does anyone else want to fill me in.

GreenCard

Reaction score
CardinalLaw,you cannot get Harry to answer a post.You must first get Skkorp to flash the Cardinal signal,much like the Bat signal,across Florida to get Harry's attention.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
GreenCard said:
CardinalLaw,you cannot get Harry to answer a post.You must first get Skkorp to flash the Cardinal signal,much like the Bat signal,across Florida to get Harry's attention.
Thanks for the info. Skorp get the signal up, pronto. Thanks.

Its just that I always claim Boldins deal is goona be done soon, but I just take a wild guess. I hope I am not Harry source for this info. Or anyone else that just thinks Boldins deal is gonna get done soon.

Last edited:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Harry do you hang around the facilities or what. Where are you hearing this. I imagine you are the same Harry that does articles for ASFN. Just wondering though. Does anyone else want to fill me in.

CL, if I'm not mistaken, Harry was an NFL scout once upon a time and has a lot of connections with the NFL hierarchy.