Boldin

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
That was my thinking. Seems like a high risk gamble on Boldin's part. If he blows out a knee again, and is still under his current contract, who would be so quick to sign him to a longer, more lucrative contract?

If I were Boldin, my line of thought would be "Screw Drew, and what he is trying to accomplish with T.O. etc"

Take care of yourself and let Drew worry about the mess he's created.

I doubt it matters being that the Cards probably has some sort of protection in the new contract in the event Boldin gets hurt again.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I doubt it matters being that the Cards probably has some sort of protection in the new contract in the event Boldin gets hurt again.

It won't do him any good though if he gets hurt before he signs it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
It won't do him any good though if he gets hurt before he signs it.

your misunderstanding me. I said that the cards probably have a clause protecting them. Not vice versa. If thats the case it wouldnt matter when Q signs.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
your misunderstanding me. I said that the cards probably have a clause protecting them. Not vice versa. If thats the case it wouldnt matter when Q signs.

I thought the point was Boldin shouldn't wait to sign for his own security? Especially just to help out his agent's negotiations with other teams.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
No way to check, but it wouldn't surprise me in an injury insurance policy has been purchased. For a short term, they are not really that expensive.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I thought the point was Boldin shouldn't wait to sign for his own security? Especially just to help out his agent's negotiations with other teams.

thats a point other people were trying to make. if the cards have written in protection then it wouldnt matter if he got hurt before of after he signed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
thats a point other people were trying to make. if the cards have written in protection then it wouldnt matter if he got hurt before of after he signed.

you just don't know when to shut yer perty little mouth do you Shane?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
you just don't know when to shut yer perty little mouth do you Shane?

:shrug:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be unthinkable that the Cards and Boldin have agreed on a contract and at the request of Rosenhaus, we just don't announce it yet?

The Cards could announce it anytime between now and when camp opens. We do Rosenbaus the favor and build a better relationship with him. He's happy, Boldin is happy, and the Cards are happy. Its a win,win,win situation.

Then again there is probably a league rule preventing this practice.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:

Bingo. That's what I was trying to say but didn't.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
Would it be unthinkable that the Cards and Boldin have agreed on a contract and at the request of Rosenhaus, we just don't announce it yet?

The Cards could announce it anytime between now and when camp opens. We do Rosenbaus the favor and build a better relationship with him. He's happy, Boldin is happy, and the Cards are happy. Its a win,win,win situation.

Then again there is probably a league rule preventing this practice.

But that wouldnt be dealing in "good faith" with the Bidwills fellow owners though.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be very easy though for Rosenhaus to tell Graves that he likes the deal, yet they want to wait a little while to sign it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RedRob said:
It would be very easy though for Rosenhaus to tell Graves that he likes the deal, yet they want to wait a little while to sign it.

Yeah, but I don't buy that this would benefit Rosenhaus. To the contrary, I think signing Boldin would allow him to say, "Look, give me the deal we deserve, we'll sign it. (See, Boldin.)" Yes, Boldin came in for practice, but that was his decision. It makes no sense for Boldin and Rosenhaus to not sign the deal as soon as they like it because before the ink is dry they are "paid". They wait a month, or so, and Boldin slips in the shower blowing out a knee, then they lose the whole thing.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
RedRob said:

Isn't it in the Cardinals interest to wait as long as possible, e.g. till just before training camp? They longer they hold on to that signing bonus, the more interest they earn.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Nice to see Boldin with the new logo.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
seesred said:
Let,s all pray we stay healthy.

GBR
In Green we trust
Thats my fear. He has shown he can be very good. But he hasnt shown he has good knees...

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
BOLDIN SIGNS!!!!!!!

My autographed mini helmet I got for getting the MNBA Cardinals extra points Card.(old logo sheesh)

Put that with the bobble head and assorted Boldin related trinkets I've somehow acquired over the last two years and I got my self a nice vodoo shrine set up. :D

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
az-red said:
BOLDIN SIGNS!!!!!!!

My autographed mini helmet I got for getting the MNBA Cardinals extra points Card.(old logo sheesh)

Put that with the bobble head and assorted Boldin related trinkets I've somehow acquired over the last two years and I got my self a nice vodoo shrine set up. :D

:trout:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard