Bieniemy Turns Down Cardinals

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That is not fair, especially if that is the reason.
Did you read the articles that have been written since the Cardinals fired Wilks? None of them were "fair" but it still doesn't mean that people aren't thinking that way. Eric has options, and has the luxury of boycotting a team IF he feels Wilks was treated unfairly.

I have no facts to back this up, but it is something people need to be aware of.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you read the articles that have been written since the Cardinals fired Wilks? None of them were "fair" but it still doesn't mean that people aren't thinking that way. Eric has options, and has the luxury of boycotting a team IF he feels Wilks was treated unfairly.

I have no facts to back this up, but it is something people need to be aware of.

Conjecture with bias?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Saying the Cardinals have been racist in any way at all is ludicrous, lazy, and sensationalism-mongering for personal ratings gain. The Cards have always been one of the most open, least troubled, and most progressive in matters of race, gender, or dealing with criminal behavior.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NFL is a tight group of coaches, execs and players with an active grapevine.

Whatever is going down - racial or otherwise - will go down. Sometimes soon, a new Cardinal coach will be hired. There no doubt be rumors fair or unfair.

All the Cardinal organization can control is their comments, policies and behavior from this moment forward. Then let the proverbial chips fall.

I tend to fall in with those who feel,that Vince Lombardi would have had a tough time retaining his job if he coached as badly (& had as bad W & L record as) Steve Wilks.

If the club is being treated unfairly by the media, I'm afraid the Cards will have to play like champions and behave like champions to change that image.

Life is cruel.

motion3

Reaction score
I don't this team has been keen on giving any coach total control since the disaster of the Buddy Ryan era. I'm skeptical.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not high on Bienemy. I really don't see him as a hot candidate for any HC job. I like McCarthy but he wants to stay close to his family in Green Bay. It is an interesting process and I think Cards will do fine.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saying the Cardinals have been racist in any way at all is ludicrous, lazy, and sensationalism-mongering for personal ratings gain. The Cards have always been one of the most open, least troubled, and most progressive in matters of race, gender, or dealing with criminal behavior.
Do these morons forget that we had a black GM for 15 years? This team has had a black head coach before and even though the personnel decisions were exemplary, his coaching did nothing to advance the team. Anyone with a brain can see that both Graves and Green set the blue print that eventually led to this team going to a Super Bowl. The list of players they brought in during Green's tenure were nearly perfect: Kurt Warner, Fitz, Dansby, Dockett, James, Berry, Okefor, Rolle, to name a few were the backbone of the team that went to the Super Bowl. So to imply that all of a sudden the Cards are racist for cutting bait on a black coach after 1 year is, as was said, sheer sensationalism at best and at worst.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt any of this has anything to do with "unfair" treatment of Wilks.

I suspect that if you're a guy who KNOWS he can get a head coaching job this winter you'd probably want to go to the most stable situation. Given that Kiem will almost certainly get fired if the team does not improve and that a new GM might want a new coach... the job is inherently unstable.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
There are only 32 of these jobs period. This job is in high demand and most coaches would give their left nut to get a head coaching job in the NFL. Very few coaches can afford to turn down a job like this. If the Cards haven't found a coach by the end of the month then I would worry. Still I want our new coach signed as soon as possible.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I suspect that if you're a guy who KNOWS he can get a head coaching job this winter you'd probably want to go to the most stable situation. Given that Kiem will almost certainly get fired if the team does not improve and that a new GM might want a new coach... the job is inherently unstable.

yup.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do these morons forget that we had a black GM for 15 years? This team has had a black head coach before and even though the personnel decisions were exemplary, his coaching did nothing to advance the team. Anyone with a brain can see that both Graves and Green set the blue print that eventually led to this team going to a Super Bowl. The list of players they brought in during Green's tenure were nearly perfect: Kurt Warner, Fitz, Dansby, Dockett, James, Berry, Okefor, Rolle, to name a few were the backbone of the team that went to the Super Bowl. So to imply that all of a sudden the Cards are racist for cutting bait on a black coach after 1 year is, as was said, sheer sensationalism at best and at worst.

Welcome to 2018.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good!!! The guy has never called plays EVER!!!! He’s doing us a favor

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Agree. He’s in no position to be turning down interviews.

I’ll be surprised if he gets a HC job this year.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

Yes this

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I want to murder my IT department for blocking twitter

If you can't read that, it basically says that McCarthy has some high school boys who are going to stay in Green Bay and wants a job close to them. Browns and Jets I guess would allow him more opportunities to see them.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can't read that, it basically says that McCarthy has some high school boys who are going to stay in Green Bay and wants a job close to them. Browns and Jets I guess would allow him more opportunities to see them.
Thanks, I did see that tweet earlier on my phone.

I never minded any site bannings at work until twitter. I guess if they leave asfn alone I will let them live.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Actually, they have a proud history of being trendsetters in those areas. It makes me proud to be a fan of the team, and firing Wilks was a pure football decision. He just wasnt ready for prime time.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Where there is smoke, there can be fire. It could be a statement against the Cardinals firing a minority candidate after only one season. It also isn't like he doesn't have other options. If this is the cost of getting rid of Wilks, I will pay it.
I don’t think this has any racial implications whatsoever. The one and done, Keim and lack of talent on the roster are probably bigger issues than any minority statement.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Did Nagy before him? Did Pederson? Isn’t bieniemy holding the same position under the same coach that both of those guys held?

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
There are a lot of accusations and implications being made here. None of us knows why he doesn’t want the Cardinals but we have 4 pages here discussing race, rather than the pros/cons of each candidate. Maybe he doesn’t like the Arizona for a variety of reasons with none of them having to do with race. People are so quick so get off track and on the race bandwagon! So very frustrating

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson