Atlanta Falcons @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 11/5/23-11/11/23

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That world is full of conspiracy and personal interest. Even Gannon has stated Kyler is 100% healthy. And it will be 3 weeks of full participant at practice. If he doesn’t start Sunday then they are either purposely tanking and/or they don’t want Kyler as their QB.
Give me another good reason for standing him on the sidelines any longer.
He hasn’t shown the reps of understanding the full offense at game speed.
He’s not relating to his coaches effectively.
He’s not showing acceptable progress in film study.
He’s not mastered the footwork to drop and climb the pocket.
He’s not distributing the ball within the offense in practice.
He’s audibling out of plays inappropriately in practice.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How do you know?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How do you know?
I don’t. But these are all good reasons if they’re true, which is what the request was.

Plenty of reasons to activate Kyler and not start him aside from health. If they want to ramp him up as if he’d just started training camp (which sounds legit insane to me, but Petzing made the implicit comparison), we may not see him until Thanksgiving.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don’t. But these are all good reasons if they’re true, which is what the request was.

Plenty of reasons to activate Kyler and not start him aside from health. If they want to ramp him up as if he’d just started training camp (which sounds legit insane to me, but Petzing made the implicit comparison), we may not see him until Thanksgiving.
and if he doesn't...oof. This is the test for Kyler. I am interested to see how he handles it. You have to have a serious dog in you to be successful in a franchise like Arizona.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has had a relapse after watching the beating Tune took today.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He has had a relapse after watching the beating Tune took today.
I think an inside look at the game plan would show that Tune left a lot of meat on the bone before things got out of hand.

Monti screwed over a lot of players trading Dobbs for nothing, I think.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We better get the promised Kyler this week. I've trusted the whole time that this staff wants to win and will play him when he's healthy and up to speed. If the actual plan is to hold Kyler out the entire year so we can tank I will have no respect for this front office. If that happens I won't even be mad if the NFL decides to take away our first round picks.

Reactions: PJ1

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We better get the promised Kyler this week. I've trusted the whole time that this staff wants to win and will play him when he's healthy and up to speed
What if these two sentences are mutually exclusive??

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
For many of us that have watched the Cardinals since they relocated here and were originally the ( Phoenix Cardinals ), my biggest fear is that Michael Bidwill doesn't understand that we've seen this movie before. Bring in a new coach, a new GM, get rid of your roster and build from the ground up SMH.
Only in Arizona do you have a Rookie of the year, two time pro bowl QB that still has to prove something ( Lomax and Murray ) are the ONLY two Cardinal QB's I can remember going to the pro bowl while playing for the Cardinals since they've been in Arizona ( someone Please correct me if I'm wrong ).
This team and organization are in trouble. If you trade and build from the draft. Rookies learn from veterans, not the other way around. Sadly next year I think Buddah, Kyler and Conner are gone ( I hope I'm wrong ). Winning cultures are started from Day 1 ( Not from year 2 ! ! ! as it appears Ossenfort and Gannon seem to believe ). When organizations try and lose. It seems players understand that during tough times it's okay to lose. Like I said; " many of us have seen this movie with this organization for years ". Anyone who thinks if the Cards can just get " The Next once in a generation QB ( who's only once in a generation until the following year's draft ) good luck with that train of thought ". Ooohhh almost forgot. " We've got a winner in town " SMH

Last edited:

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't upset the apple tree. Protect that 1st at all costs.
That's a very sad way to build a Franchise ! ! !... Tell that to the teams that drafted Ryan Leaf, Johnny ( Football ) Manzel, ect..., ect... ect... With a brand new GM and coaching staff. It would be much better to have the 11th to 15th pick, at least it shows you're heading in the right direction rather than having your fans throw away their hard earned money to attend games and belive that somehow you're going to draft 1 player ( I repeat... ( 1 ) player... No matter what position ) at number 1 that's going to slove everything and cure all ills. Like I stated previously, have seen this movie before.

Last edited:

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
I do understand that this thread is a Falcons vs Cardinals pregame thread and apologize for stating somethings that I consider obvious but, IMHO.. This GM, head coach seem to be in over their heads at this point ( I hope they prove me wrong ). Just seems, giving talent away for Nothing seems to be their weakness at this time. Go Cards but not hopeful.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
For many of us that have watched the Cardinals since they relocated here and were originally the ( Phoenix Cardinals ), my biggest fear is that Michael Bidwill doesn't understand that we've seen this movie before. Bring in a new coach, a new GM, get rid of your roster and build from the ground up SMH.
Only in Arizona do you have a Rookie of the year, two time pro bowl QB that still has to prove something ( Lomax and Murray ) are the ONLY two Cardinal QB's I can remember going to the pro bowl while playing for the Cardinals since they've been in Arizona ( someone Please correct me if I'm wrong ).
This team and organization are in trouble. If you trade and build from the draft. Rookies learn from veterans, not the other way around. Sadly next year I think Buddah, Kyler and Conner are gone ( I hope I'm wrong ). Winning cultures are started from Day 1 ( Not from year 2 ! ! ! as it appears Ossenfort and Gannon seem to believe ). When organizations try and lose. It seems players understand that during tough times it's okay to lose. Like I said; " many of us have seen this movie with this organization for years ". Anyone who thinks if the Cards can just get " The Next once in a generation QB ( who's only once in a generation until the following year's draft ) good luck with that train of thought ". Ooohhh almost forgot. " We've got a winner in town " SMH
Totally understand your post...and don't disagree with it. Just wanted to add that Warner and Palmer both made the Pro Bowl with the Cardinals.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think an inside look at the game plan would show that Tune left a lot of meat on the bone before things got out of hand.

Tune was very bad. The offensive line was horrendous. It was a mismatch like I haven’t seen in a long time. Dobbs is one lucky guy getting out when he did. He is a hero today with his new team. Tune just fodder for this so called rebuild.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
So Tune is a better option than a healthy Murray?
If that’s the case at this point then this coaching staff is a big joke and we have a different problem than QB!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So Tune is a better option than a healthy Murray?
If that’s the case at this point then this coaching staff is a big joke and we have a different problem than QB!

What is the goal? We are 1-8, 29th in points scored, and 27th in points allowed.

I'm a fan of watchable football, so this is kind of a steel-man argument. But maybe Kyler hasn't accepted the coaching on offer we well as we'd hoped? Maybe that's why Jonathan Gannon mentioned Kyler weirdly and off-topic when talking to the reporter at halftime.

There's a reality where you hold Kyler back to get his mind right for a few more weeks as a quiet benching to show the locker room that no one is above the team. It also helps secure the top 3 pick we can use to trade down.

I don't think it matters much whether Kyler comes back and plays against Atlanta, Houston, or Los Angeles.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Weird take. For one game? Especially weird as you've heavily criticised Dobbs play in recent weeks (as many have).

Who did he screw? Zach Pascal, Dennis Daley and Ingram?

Even more weird is that it was "for nothing" but when we traded for him it was too much. Considering there is only about 20 or so spots between the picks.