Arizona Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Steelers Pregame thread. 11/26/23-12/2/23

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stay home @Stout. Save your money and watch the game in your nice warm home.
I have 2 Steeler fan friends coming over to my house to watch the game. You might ask why I would do that to myself? LOL. They’re both fairly mellow & know better than to get all crazy. And they’re bringing the beer & booze!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. But asking him to change fundamental mechanics, while coming off an ACL, with a ***** WR room, and in a new offense is a lot to ask of a player Stout.
It’s also a lot to bet the future of your franchise on when presented with the opportunity to start fresh, at a fraction of the cost, with the same or possibly better level of talent.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have 2 Steeler fan friends coming over to my house to watch the game. You might ask why I would do that to myself? LOL. They’re both fairly mellow & know better than to get all crazy. And they’re bringing the beer & booze!!
if you take those ex-lax bars and chop them up they look just like chocolate chips in cookies.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This goes with what I mentioned in another comment...that in his 1st game back, they let him just do things more like his old self - when plays/pocket breaks down scramble around and make something happen. In the last 2 games, however, it's easy to see that he's being coached to stay with a play and try to stay in the pocket...and the bulk of his scrambling has been behind the LOS, still looking to pass and not just run for a 1st down.
Yep. Which is good. This is exactly the kind of thing we need to know if he can do or not.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Maybe. But asking him to change fundamental mechanics, while coming off an ACL, with a ***** WR room, and in a new offense is a lot to ask of a player Stout.
No doubt, however K9 makes the great money point, and I'll make the "how many years" point again. I don't want another whole year of "Damn, we're stuck with THIS guy" because we gave him a whole year to prove he can do the footwork and it turns out he still has crap mechanics. My confidence level that he can play consistently well is very low.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the receiving options on this team. It's a BS excuse for Kyler's poor passing.

There are plenty of teams in the league with similar or worse talent at receiver and TE.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this footwork thing is a huge red herring.

Sure, it's not easy to change, but also he didn't just start practicing 3 weeks ago. He's been throwing and working out for months, just not at practice. He's had probably 4-5 months to work this.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It certainly appeared the Lams were a good opponent.

Is he saying we have a better chance against the Steelers? Why make the comment in the first place.

Just say we suck until we don’t…

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Sure, it's not easy to change, but also he didn't just start practicing 3 weeks ago. He's been throwing and working out for months, just not at practice. He's had probably 4-5 months to work this.
i dunno

I think there is a giant diff between doing things in practice, etc -- and doing it under a live pass rush

I dont think its THE thing, but i think its A thing

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is such a on-brand Brit post. There’s nothing wrong with our primary WR options(since Wilson struggles with durability) where all of them are 5’9 or shorter.
Even Dobbs Passing game has improved playing in a offense that missed their receiver star Justin Jefferson
Our receivers are in the bottom 5 in the NFL
And Im not finding any excuses for Murray, he Is not playing well

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We’ll be there either Saturday or Sunday. If it’s Sunday I’m tracking you down.
I've been going to that dumb thing for 40 years. It's 85% the same every year, and it's still one of the milestone weekends where I'm mad when I miss it. 10/10 experience.

It's weird when someone has lived here for 10+ years and say they've never been.

I'll be the guy with three tweens trailing him asking when we can eat.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When you watch his practice throws he looks sound and relax. However, when the spotlight goes on it seems to go out the window.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Chicago Bears just entered the chat.
Better Passing yards for game 208 vs 196
Better cmp % 66.4 vs 62.8
Better yards for Passing 6.5 vs 5.9
Slightly Better rating
Vikings receivers are better then our receivers even without their Wr1

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is such a on-brand Brit post. There’s nothing wrong with our primary WR options(since Wilson struggles with durability) where all of them are 5’9 or shorter.

Who cares? As I said recently height is overblown. 95% of passes rely on you getting open, not being tall enough to outjump a DB.

If catch radius is your issue then speed helps and we have plenty of speed. Also any WR of this team would need a 10 yard catch radius the way Kyler is throwing.