Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game thread. 10/10/23-10/14/23

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah, when the injuries mount on a bad roster, it's going to get ugly. We shouldn't win this one, so if we fight hard, or even somehow put up the W, then all the better.
Seems like the perfect tank. Everyone is talking about how hard we are playing (talking heads and other fans included) yet we are 1-4. Everyone says "The Cards are not tanking". Then when the injuries come, and they always do, and our depth is exposed, then you are right, it will get ugly.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to see us winning this one.

The Rams defense isn't very good, like ours, but Stafford is playing well (290 yards per game) and most of that without Kupp. Kupp and Nacua are exactly the kind of receivers we can't cover.

Plus Conner is out so our run game is going to suck.

Only slight hope is the Budda is eligible to return (if recovered) and we should get Ledbetter back. LJ Collier is also eligible to return depending how bad his bicep injury is.

Garrett Williams should also make is debut.

Rams 27 - 17 Cardinals
Budda isn’t eligible to return until next week & I believe Collier has already been ruled out for the season. I also hope that Garrett Williams plays this weekend. Without Conner, our offense will struggle mightily. I will take an alternate spread over 10 and win some money. And if I lose that bet, then I’ll still be happy lol.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Budda isn’t eligible to return until next week & I believe Collier has already been ruled out for the season. I also hope that Garrett Williams plays this weekend. Without Conner, our offense will struggle mightily. I will take an alternate spread over 10 and win some money. And if I lose that bet, then I’ll still be happy lol.
I thought Budda only played week one. He should be eligible now, I think.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Williams can’t be any worse than Wilson. Start him. Demercado needs to start. He showed flashes in college, but never was the dominant back. He played behind Kendre Miller, a third round draftee. TCU liked to pass alot, so runners got room to roam. Miller averaged 6.7 yds per carry, Demercado 5.8. No one really knows how good Demercado would look in a normal offense. I’d love to see him get the chance. We know the limitations of the other guys. The only way to slow the Rams is to shake up Stafford. As Mickey said to Rocky, “Don’t let him breathe.” If he has time he’ll bury the Cards.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Budda only played week one. He should be eligible now, I think.
Budda got injured on the Friday before the week 2 game against the Giants. I believe the Cardinals then were not able to put him on the IR until Monday, which then made him ineligible to play weeks 3, 4, 5, and 6. Pretty sure that’s how it played out. If I’m wrong, he’ll be on the practice field on Wednesday. And there hasn’t been a peep about that happening.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Pretty sure he's eligible now? IR is miss 4 games. He's missed 4 now with games 2 through 5.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The best ability is availability.
It's the way he runs. He is not afraid of contact and always tries to get the extra yards, which happened when he got injured last game. He could have ran out of bounds after the first contact but he is not wired like that. It seems RBs get hurt all the time now.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Guess Kyler hasn't been activated to practice yet. Sad!

JG would never share it, but I'd love to know what the physical and "mental" benchmarks are for him to come off PUP. I'm sure the competitive situation is part of the equation, but I wonder what else there could be.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Oof.

I guess the pick was better than taking Caleb Farley who many people wanted. :eek:

You must be registered for see images attach

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess Kyler hasn't been activated to practice yet. Sad!

JG would never share it, but I'd love to know what the physical and "mental" benchmarks are for him to come off PUP. I'm sure the competitive situation is part of the equation, but I wonder what else there could be.
This

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard