Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game thread. 10/10/23-10/14/23

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wut?

He also has 2.5 sacks, an INT, fumble recovery, and 2 TFLs.

Not saying he's part of the future at OLB but to sum up his season thus far as "three total pressures" is not painting an accurate picture.
Kinda thought the same. And it’s his first season at the position. Someone earlier this year gave a Clark Haggan comp that I think could be a good indicator of his ceiling. I hope he gets more consistent in the second half of the season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wut?

Not saying he's part of the future at OLB but to sum up his season thus far as "three total pressures" is not painting an accurate picture.

Kinda thought the same. And it’s his first season at the position. Someone earlier this year gave a Clark Haggan comp that I think could be a good indicator of his ceiling. I hope he gets more consistent in the second half of the season.

I just don't think Collins is having much of an impact. He's not making much of an argument to pick up his fifth-year option, and if he's going to walk in 18 months, you should be looking at your younger guys, anyway. Clark Haggans was mid AF.

I think Kyle's point is that he's basically overperforming his pressures and you'd expect him to be more disruptive. His sack on Sunday was the result of a stunt (schemed pressure), not him doing much. His INT was being in the right place at the right time on a tipped ball -- he was covering grass and out of position to make a play had it not been tipped.

He's not a garbage player; he's earning his reps and he's probably the #1 guy keeping B.J. Ojulari off the field. But he's not showcasing special characteristics, which is kind of what he needed to do to prevent the team from giving some of his reps to Myjai Sanders and the rest of the cast of misfits.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I just don't think Collins is having much of an impact. He's not making much of an argument to pick up his fifth-year option, and if he's going to walk in 18 months, you should be looking at your younger guys, anyway. Clark Haggans was mid AF.

I think Kyle's point is that he's basically overperforming his pressures and you'd expect him to be more disruptive. His sack on Sunday was the result of a stunt (schemed pressure), not him doing much. His INT was being in the right place at the right time on a tipped ball -- he was covering grass and out of position to make a play had it not been tipped.

He's not a garbage player; he's earning his reps and he's probably the #1 guy keeping B.J. Ojulari off the field. But he's not showcasing special characteristics, which is kind of what he needed to do to prevent the team from giving some of his reps to Myjai Sanders and the rest of the cast of misfits.
The issue with what Kyler is proposing is that he isn't going to get snaps at ILB either. Gannon and Rallis want actual ILBs at ILB, not whatever Collins does at that position.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wut?

Good info. A far more balanced picture for sure.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The issue with what Kyler is proposing is that he isn't going to get snaps at ILB either. Gannon and Rallis want actual ILBs at ILB, not whatever Collins does at that position.

This is CRAZY. Snap count leaders (defense)

1. Kyzir White: 100%
2. Marco Wilson: 99.44%
3. K'Von Wallace: 94.12%
6. Andre Chachere: 61.90%

Andre Chachere absolute Tank Commander. That guy BLOWS. Five of our top six defensive rep-eaters are DBs (and 6/6 if you consider White a hybrid DB). KEVIN FREAKING STRONG is seventh.

Our defense is deep trash and it's difficult to see the path to it getting better next year. Awful. Good Gawd. Jonathan Ledbetter has more snaps than Cam Thomas and he's been inactive the past two games.

What are we even doing?

Anyway, if Zaven Collins can't take snaps from Krys Barnes I don't know what to say.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NOBODY WANTS A ZAVEN IN THE BOX!

Attachments

• Charlie.jpg
    Charlie.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 2

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is probably a trend we should address.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is interesting, but the layer it's missing is how often this happens.

Yeah should have counts, but from our perspective I feel like we have had at least a league average amount of 2nd and 10's after a pass.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah should have counts, but from our perspective I feel like we have had at least a league average amount of 2nd and 10's after a pass.
Weird because you just posted earlier this morning that you don't believe in feels.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird because you just posted earlier this morning that you don't believe in feels.

Would you feel better if I said "from what I have seen" rather than using the briefer colloquialism?

There is a very obvious difference between the two uses of the word but don't let that stop you.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve made note of this throughout the year. I think Gannon feels a run on 2nd and 10 will get us 3 or 4 yards making 3rd down more manageable.
Last year abandoning the run on second down lead to 3rd and long and sometimes worse if we gave up a sack. Thus turning the ball over on downs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard