American Wedding

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
Still not as good as the first one, but way, way, way better than the second.

Stifler (Sean William Scott) of course was histerical, but as usual, I think Levy was the best one.

Need a good laugh? This gets you one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relatively painful to sit through - but it had a couple moments where I was genuinely laughing - that's more than I can say for the second one - weird though - they should have titled the Movie - STIFLER RETURNS! It was more his movie and his story than anyone else's And I thought Stifler was way to over the top ion this one - kind of like a caricature of himself in the other two movies.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that I wasn't as good as the first but was better than the second. Painful at times but overall I enjoyed it.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I though it was funny as hell. Laughed me arse off.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow...I thought this movie was HIDEOUS! I loved the first one, laughed my butt off at the second, even though it had no quality compared to the first, but I must say, American Wedding was terrible. It had that 'too far, can't look' quality I got from Meet the Parents-you know, the 'funny's funny, but enough's enough' quality. The writing was atrocious (can't wait to hear what Chap has to say). The characters were stale (Jim went way too far, Stiffler went from funny, cool ass to complete ******, etc). The series was tapped out. The concept was sound but it had none of the pinache of the first. This movie was far worse than #2 and I wouldn't even consider it a movie in comparison with #1. Big thumbs down. :(

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved it!!!!

Laughed my ARSE OFF TOO!!!!!

:thumbup:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
The writing was atrocious (can't wait to hear what Chap has to say).

You may have to wait a while on that... :)

I hated 1 and haven't seen 2, so... I doubt I'll be seeing 3 at least until video.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin,

I wasn't a fan of the first one, but I really enjoyed the second one. Had a nice coming of age message and I felt the characters grew up a little.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've just never liked any of the teenage romance pictures. When it comes that genre, I really go for the more "adult" pics, like Sleepless, or 4 Weddings and A Funeral, or even Notting Hill...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
I've just never liked any of the teenage romance pictures. When it comes that genre, I really go for the more "adult" pics, like Sleepless, or 4 Weddings and A Funeral, or even Notting Hill...

You only like adult films? I don't think Blockbuster has an adult section, I've asked :|

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Yo Ryan, if you're looking for the Valley's best adult section, check Video Paradise in Chandler. Ohhhhhhh yeah! :D

American Wedding was good for what it was - a gross-out humor flick. Nice to see the progression of Jim and band-camp chick but otherwise Rookie of the Year was pretty useless. Stifler ruled but he was trying a lot harder than he did in previous films. Eugene Levy was his usual scene-stealing self but Fred Willard was horribly underused. Still, the movie was good for an hour and a half of laughing.

*** out of *****

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Saw the movie last week and I got to say that I loved it. I laughed my ass off.

But I hate that Stiffler always ends up with hot girls. At least Finch gets the mom as consolation prize as always.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison