2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would have got Tatum if that was the case right?

Tatum was selected at #3. Maybe the Celtics liked Tatum more.

The Celtics also drafted Jaylen Brown one spot ahead of the Suns as well. We got Dragan Bender.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tatum was selected at #3. Maybe the Celtics liked Tatum more.

The Celtics also drafted Jaylen Brown one spot ahead of the Suns as well. We got Dragan Bender.

Wasn’t the whole deal about Josh Jackson not wanting to go to the Celtics so he refuse to work out for them? Every mock draft and ranking had Jackson over Tatum if I remember correctly.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn’t the whole deal about Josh Jackson not wanting to go to the Celtics so he refuse to work out for them? Every mock draft and ranking had Jackson over Tatum if I remember correctly.

Kind of. Jackson wanted to come to Phoenix and the interest was mutual so he wouldn't work out for Boston.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's true Jackson didn't work out for the Celtics, but we do not know how they had him rated on their draft board.

They might have liked Tatum better, whether Jackson worked out for them or not. We really don't know for sure.

I remember I wanted the Suns to draft De'Aaron Fox, but they were locked onto Jackson for some reason.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beginning to suspect that his knee isn't ever going to be right and we already know he isn't one to play through pain.

I bet Toronto is grateful he went to LA. There's no way a smaller market team could handle his "load management" schedule. He just got a huge extension as well which would cripple a team that actually has to worry about the salary cap and luxury tax.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even so, I'm surprised the Spurs was po
I bet Toronto is grateful he went to LA. There's no way a smaller market team could handle his "load management" schedule. He just got a huge extension as well which would cripple a team that actually has to worry about the salary cap and luxury tax.
He is a problem. So is AD. Tough to depend on a player that doesn't play much.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Toronto probably wins the bubble title if he went back there. He’s broken now but his first two years in LA he was still a superstar (when healthy).
The Clipps will still be good enough without him. If Paul George doesn’t have Covid in the play-in we probably play then instead of New Orleans.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Never go full Kyrie

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… if that is just a total implosion in Brooklyn, maybe we can get Durant for Pennies on the dollar later in trade.

If we could somehow move Bridges, Crowder, Dario and picks for KD, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bojan Bogdanovic agrees on a two-year, $39.1 million extension with the Pistons.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man… if that is just a total implosion in Brooklyn, maybe we can get Durant for Pennies on the dollar later in trade.

If we could somehow move Bridges, Crowder, Dario and picks for KD, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

That’s a dream scenario

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a dream scenario
Right?

CP3
Book
Cam J
Durant
Ayton

bench: Payne, Shamet, Londale, Lee, hopefully a buy out dude later in the season.

That team runs the NBA for the next two years.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right?

CP3
Book
Cam J
Durant
Ayton

bench: Payne, Shamet, Londale, Lee, hopefully a buy out dude later in the season.

That team runs the NBA for the next two years.
Maybe Brooklyn rethinks things later and is willing to take Ayton and Jae plus picks for Durant? That works salary wise. I think I would be OK with that with Landale and Biz playing. Landale is not Ayton, but he would take some of the sting out of losing him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Brooklyn rethinks things later and is willing to take Ayton and Jae plus picks for Durant? That works salary wise. I think I would be OK with that with Landale and Biz playing. Landale is not Ayton, but he would take some of the sting out of losing him.

You absolutely give up Bridges before Ayton.

Ayton for all his flaws is really good defensively and more consistent on offense, Bridges defense and offense comes and goes he has higher highs and lower lows IMO.

Plus he’s a perimeter player those are much easier to find

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You absolutely give up Bridges before Ayton.

Ayton for all his flaws is really good defensively and more consistent on offense, Bridges defense and offense comes and goes he has higher highs and lower lows IMO.

Plus he’s a perimeter player those are much easier to find
Not sure a player like Bridges is easy to find by any means. The key is the team you have when the trade is done. Not just which player is better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort