2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What luck for Atlanta. They dont own or control their own picks for a while. They owe San Antonio the 2025 and 27 picks and a swap in 2026. I think they have another swap out in 2028 as well. So they can take someone or flip that pick for at least 3-4 picks. Crazy they went from play in to #1 overall pick.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
that really stinks for them. at least they still have the red wings and the lions almost went to the superbowl if their coach knew how to say field goal.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I wouldn't go near him. He appears to be a shell of his former self.
I agree. I mean I would pay him a minimal contract to see if he fits as a bench guy. I don't know if I've ever seen a worse timing for an injury in a pro sports title match. He was really cooking before that injury and hasn't been the same since then.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Under the radar, Houston gets the #3 pick from Brooklyn. They're a good team that will get better with that pick and definitely be in the top 10 in the West going forward. They have lots of young talent already. Theyre another team that could flip their pick. I think we see a lot of movement at the top of the draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty befuddled that he can't even shoot anymore. Usually that stuff should carry on as ones skillset.
I think we all do this but this board would be easier to follow if we used names at least once in each post instead of just pronouns. Especially when the name hasn't been used in recent posts.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we all do this but this board would be easier to follow if we used names at least once in each post instead of just pronouns. Especially when the name hasn't been used in recent posts.

Isn't this the truth. I'm glad you posted this. Then we would all know who we are talking about.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is referencing Klay Thompson.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is referencing Klay Thompson.
Thanks, but yeah, I discovered it by scrolling backwards until I found the post he responded to and then the post that one was in response to and so on. Several of us were involved in the conversation but none of us used his name except when Ronin first brought it up. And along the way there were a bunch of other players brought into the thread so I'm sure I'm not the only one that had no idea who was being discussed.

And to be clear, I used "us" because I also used just the pronoun when I responded to the first post on Klay.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but yeah, I discovered it by scrolling backwards until I found the post he responded to and then the post that one was in response to and so on. Several of us were involved in the conversation but none of us used his name except when Ronin first brought it up. And along the way there were a bunch of other players brought into the thread so I'm sure I'm not the only one that had no idea who was being discussed.

And to be clear, I used "us" because I also used just the pronoun when I responded to the first post on Klay.
Yeah, I was just helping in the event you felt as lazy as I do today on the forum. I have been on conference calls all morning on this typical Monday. o_O

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns can aggregate the salaries of players going out, so I don't think they could add Capela this off season.

Olivier Sarr (25) might be worth another look. He is the brother of Alex Sarr. The Suns have had him in summer league before.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened with that dork Patty Bev?

Update: He apparently threw a ball at a spectator and more. The next five years are his though.

Beverley was suspended for four games for throwing the ball at a fan. I'm not sure what happened with the reporter but I think he should have been suspended for that as well.