1st wave of Free Agency (most likely) done - now what?

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
The draft is what’s gonna matter anyway. If Monti nails it we gonna at least be competitive. Lots of talent in this draft Monti may want to fill many needs. He may be thinking “hell we are gonna be a running team anyway and I can always get a wr later” “I am trading down with the Vikings and gonna fix this defense” what about this haul with the Vikings trade as suggested on a cardinal podcast 11 Byron Murphy 23 quinyon Mitchell 27 graham barton 35 wr Franklin 3rd round Xavier laggers max melton and an ot prospect can’t remember plus we get their 2025 first rounder.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The draft is what’s gonna matter anyway. If Monti nails it we gonna at least be competitive. Lots of talent in this draft Monti may want to fill many needs. He may be thinking “hell we are gonna be a running team anyway and I can always get a wr later” “I am trading down with the Vikings and gonna fix this defense” what about this haul with the Vikings trade as suggested on a cardinal podcast 11 Byron Murphy 23 quinyon Mitchell 27 graham barton 35 wr Franklin 3rd round Xavier laggers max melton and an ot prospect can’t remember plus we get their 2025 first rounder.
Then he's a blithering idiot.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you’re paying your QB big money, you absolutely HAVE TO supply him with a WR1. Currently, we don’t have a WR1 & have the worst WR room in all of football. Monti knows this and isn’t a fool. We MUST draft a legit WR1, and at least 1 more WR after that. I wouldn’t be surprised if we draft 3 WR’s in this draft.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As K9 pointed out, Zach Allen had more pressures, more Hurries, more sacks, more tackles, and fewer passes defensed. He also played 180 more snaps. Even in your incredibly limited sample size, you're wrong. If you look at their historical play, there is obvious reason that Allen is viewed as the better player. Allen is a decent starter - Jones is a rotation player. These are not the same things.

The sample size is what is available in 2023; all we have from you is your usual word salad assertions.

It's 172 more snaps to Allen that, if added to Jones' total, would likely mean he'd beat Allen in every category in 2023.

If Jones is nothing more than a ROTATION player, what is Allen?

If Allen is a 'decent starter,' what is Jones?

You don't have to answer; I can already imagine the willful denial of the facts.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The sample size is what is available in 2023; all we have from you is a word salad.
Continue to harp on only 2023 (where Allen was better in almost every major category) - it's a thin branch, but it's your only branch.
It's 172 more snaps to Allen that, if added to Jones' total, would likely mean he'd beat Allen in every category in 2023.
Bears were just trying to keep Jones fresh, amirite?
If Jones is nothing more than a ROTATION player, what is Allen?
An above average starter - as stated many times.
If Allen is a 'decent starter,' what is Jones?
A below average starter/rotation player.
You don't have to answer; I can already imagine the willful denial of the facts.
You are such a pleasant conversationalist!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Zach Allen will be cut before Justin Jones.
LOL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm sure Justin Jones is somewhere on the list! And Zach Allen just got re-structured, so good call!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm sure Justin Jones is somewhere on the list! And Zach Allen just got re-structured, so good call!
It is going to happen. And if it doesn't you will care a lot more than I do.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I cared enough to post it. You cared enough to get your feelings hurt about someone questioning Zachy Allenpooh. :)
You're very worried about peoples feelings these days - I'd focus on talking football, but you do you.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Continue to harp on only 2023 (where Allen was better in almost every major category) - it's a thin branch, but it's your only branch.

Bears were just trying to keep Jones fresh, amirite?

An above average starter - as stated many times.

A below average starter/rotation player.

You are such a pleasant conversationalist!
in the Not For Long league...what have you done for me lately makes all the difference.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man this isn't the win you think it is Allen was paid like 10 times as much and produced a tiny bit more stats. Jones produced nearly what Allen and he's still paid less!