Celtics @ Suns, Saturday 3-9-24

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
boston doesn't stick to some designated line up flight plan - they didn't play their starting line up at the end - they played who was playing well - I know - amazing concept

Saben and Roddy must get their minutes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Have you been turning games before the 4th quarter this season? Tatum destroys KD, who’s amongst the worst 4th quarter players in the league this season.
Guess I am remembering the Tatum that chokes in the fourth. Plus they even had a segment on Tatum's struggles in the fourth this season and over his career in the pregame show with stats to back it up.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Missed gm at gf booooo on loss oh well hope suns can get revenge inpoffs.... the real season :)

Hopin to see better showin n gm

Hope all az sports fans good weekend :) 420 to all lol

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Missing Devin really hurts. Boston was switching everything and staying home on shooters, so having one less shot creator means only KD and Beal could get any offense going.
It's not their game style but Phoenix should have gone to Nurk more with those mismatches. He did well in the first half bruising down low against the likes of Jrue and Jaylen Brown. Of course, he had a hard time defending the perimeter so.... shrug.

Bottom line though, Boston's role players (Jrue, White, Kornet, Pritchard) made shots and plays when the stars were out, Phoenix's didn't. Not going to win many if we're shooting 2-15 from 3 by players not named Kevin Durant or Bradley Beal.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Boston is a better TEAM, their role players mesh well and are confident in their roles within their game plan. Our D never figured out how to stop their PnR. Our rebounding in the 2nd half a lot better though.
And on offense, Allen is shell-shock again, RO is streaky as well known, and Gordon has been in a slump for a while. Bol is Bol as normal, but not enough. Everyone except for our two stars missed their 3pt, we equally could have played Okogie if he were healthy. Aside from KD/Beal/Bol, rest of team shot 1/17 for 3s, all open 3s.
We learn to know our deficiencies playing the top teams, we certainly can improve upon that. When Book is back, maybe it's time to let RO start in place of Allen, that may take pressures off of him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gordon shouldn’t see the floor anymore. Even with book hurt. Gordon getting 29 minutes to bowl’s 10 on a night where bol is playing as well as he was playing is criminal stupidity. The icing on top was roddy getting minutes.

Beal just isn’t a good enough second banana with book out. He doesn’t possess that next level.

Turnovers still gawd awful.

Any hope to beat a Celtics with subpar games from Grayson and Royce who killed us missing open shots.

Just outclassed.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gordon shouldn’t see the floor anymore. Even with book hurt. Gordon getting 29 minutes to bowl’s 10 on a night where bol is playing as well as he was playing is criminal stupidity. The icing on top was roddy getting minutes.

Beal just isn’t a good enough second banana with book out. He doesn’t possess that next level.

Turnovers still gawd awful.

Any hope to beat a Celtics with subpar games from Grayson and Royce who killed us missing open shots.

Just outclassed.
Beal is plenty good enough to be the second banana lol is this serious? Beal played well we lost this game because guys not named Beal or KD couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn! Seriously like 1/17 from three or some god awful thing like that! If we just have one other guy contribute something we probably take down the best team in basketball imo. Beal not good enough really? Weird take…

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Allen, Gordon and ONeale couldn’t shoot. Amazing we didn’t lose by 30.

They didn't double... those guys were not getting their usual looks because Boston felt comfortable defending straight up.

On the 14th we might get a matchup, full strength against full strength, Booker is a better player individually but Porzingis is a phenomenal complimentary player to that team. It blows my mind that the Knicks and Mavs gave him up for so little. He has health questions but the guy is a true impact player on both ends. His metric stats are great and in person Porzingis is a monster. Guy looks like a giraffe out there and plays a really smooth game.

We'd have a lot of warm work to get to the finals, but if we do, we gotta hope fate has removed Boston from the equation. They are a brutal matchup for us.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Besides the continually problem of turnovers, what the stats show > O'Neale,,Gordon,,Roddy,,Lee = 2 for 20 shooting = failure.

Durant and Beal carried the entire load, which didn't cut it.
Bol,,10 minutes, 13 points was the only help.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Beal is plenty good enough to be the second banana lol is this serious? Beal played well we lost this game because guys not named Beal or KD couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn! Seriously like 1/17 from three or some god awful thing like that! If we just have one other guy contribute something we probably take down the best team in basketball imo. Beal not good enough really? Weird take…
It’s a contributing factor. Usually in a loss there are more than one, right? On a night like last night we needed a level. We needed him to go for 30+ when the supporting cast goes flat. He doesn’t have that juice anymore unless it’s a terrible team he’s playing.

I already listed the shooting woahs of others. Sorry you don’t like my analysis.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Besides the continually problem of turnovers, what the stats show > O'Neale,,Gordon,,Roddy,,Lee = 2 for 20 shooting = failure.

Durant and Beal carried the entire load, which didn't cut it.
Bol,,10 minutes, 13 points was the only help.
I’m still confounded but bol’s lack of PT last night.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they gave kd his 40+

they didn't care

they didn't rush to double like everybody else does

different level

denver level
I didn't really see any different level.

I would say they screwed up not doubling KD, our other guys were missing the shots that they got, giving them more shots likely makes this more of a blowout for Boston.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson