Week 9 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 3/04/24-3/10/24

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the clarification. Would you take stroud now or one of these guys? I am not impressed with this class.
I would take Stroud now, although I think Caleb has a high ceiling than Stroud.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stroud made the most of a very easy schedule. Maybe he can beat a team with a winning record next year. :)
I’m guessing you didn’t watch a lot of Texans games. Kid made plays against everyone. Every throw. Even as he lost weapons. Because I had Texans on fantasy team I watched them almost every week. I hate to say it, but I like him more than kyler at present.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing you didn’t watch a lot of Texans games. Kid made plays against everyone. Every throw. Even as he lost weapons. Because I had Texans on fantasy team I watched them almost every week. I hate to say it, but I like him more than kyler at present.
:burgerking: I watched enough because I wanted them to lose. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
People are smoking crack laced with LSD if they think Jayden Daniels is a top 3 pick and yet here we are.
Agree on that. It took Daniels five years to play as well as Caleb in year two. That's a big red flag.

And anyone who watched him at ASU probably wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I liked 2022 Kyler with a full compliment of weapons and a defense better. Stroud played great, but he also had everything set up to succeed. His OC (Slowik) probably should have gotten a HC job because he was outstanding.

We've seen other QBs have big time success early and then fade, but I get the early optimism. Strouds throwing motion is textbook and he's an underrated athlete.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
:burgerking: I watched enough because I wanted them to lose. :)
Mulli, did you delete your comment about “maybe he can beat a team with a winning record next year” after going back and seeing that the 2023 Texans actually beat 6 teams with winning records, including a shellacking of the 11-6 browns in the PLAYOFFs?!?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli, did you delete your comment about “maybe he can beat a team with a winning record next year” after going back and seeing that the 2023 Texans actually beat 6 teams with winning records, including a shellacking of the 11-6 browns in the PLAYOFFs?!?
Ya, I posted it without really looking. Very easy schedule tho.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I think you guys that watched Daniels at ASU were traumatized by it. I saw some of his games this year and he was really high level...both throwing and running. Easily the best college QB that I saw this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I liked 2022 Kyler with a full compliment of weapons and a defense better. Stroud played great, but he also had everything set up to succeed. His OC (Slowik) probably should have gotten a HC job because he was outstanding.

We've seen other QBs have big time success early and then fade, but I get the early optimism. Strouds throwing motion is textbook and he's an underrated athlete.
“Everything set up to succeed”

Like his 22nd ranked run game?

Or losing his #2 receiver tank dell missing 7 games?

Or losing his #3 receiver Noah brown for 7 games?

Losing his #1 receiver nico collins for 2 games?

Or losing his TE dalton Schultz for 2 games?

He had seemingly good coaching. He had a slightly above average defense (#14 in yards, #11 scoring, 17th in takeaways).

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you guys that watched Daniels at ASU were traumatized by it. I saw some of his games this year and he was really high level...both throwing and running. Easily the best college QB that I saw this year.
He still doesn’t go through progressions very well. Most times it is one read then tuck and run.

For four years he was inconsistent at best. Last year he had a good year but the speed of the NFL game will be a huge step for him given the progression issue.

He is slight of frame and seeks contract most of the time. While I think that softy Kyler should lower a shoulder more often, Jayden needs to understand that with his frame he is gonna get killed played the way he does.

His accuracy to wide open WRs can be too sporadic. I feel like he misses those throws way more often.

I dunno, I think he is a bust just begging to happen and admit I am jaded as an ASU fan but as a long time LSU fan many of the same problems exist he just had better college athletes around him. Like Kyler, I have my doubts Jayden can make teammates better

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why? Because he saves $15m and for half that price would could sign one of a dozen very good safeties that are available. Then we have a player who can do just as good a job, maybe even better considering Budda's ball skills, and have $7.5m to spend elsewhere.

The 63 includes a whole bunch of scrubs that are camp bodies. There are plenty of open positions on the 53 that require money to fill. Especially if you want to fill them with good players.

But generally people here are way too attached to Budda the person over Budda the player. He's nowhere near worth his contract. And you could, in my opinion, just straight up improve the position for less money.

And no, Pro Bowls don't prove anything.
You make total sense BC. I just have a problem downplaying "home grown" talent. We have such a spotty track record drafting and cultivating talent that when a player is worth a damn, I hate to say anything negative. I liked players like Deone Buchannon waaaay more than I should have. It's a tough stance to take, but that's what 47 years of fandom will do to you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Congratulations beating up on Joe Flacco.
Lol. It’s like you didn’t watch football last season (Flacco was the hottest QB in the league) and last I checked stroud faced the #1 ranked Cleveland defense and Flacco plays offense. But what do I know about football?

This argument isn’t going very well for you.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. It’s like you didn’t watch football last season (Flacco was the hottest QB in the league) and last I checked stroud faced the #1 ranked Cleveland defense and Flacco plays offense. But what do I know about football?

This argument isn’t going very well for you.
Congratulations.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He still doesn’t go through progressions very well. Most times it is one read then tuck and run.

For four years he was inconsistent at best. Last year he had a good year but the speed of the NFL game will be a huge step for him given the progression issue.

He is slight of frame and seeks contract most of the time. While I think that softy Kyler should lower a shoulder more often, Jayden needs to understand that with his frame he is gonna get killed played the way he does.

His accuracy to wide open WRs can be too sporadic. I feel like he misses those throws way more often.

I dunno, I think he is a bust just begging to happen and admit I am jaded as an ASU fan but as a long time LSU fan many of the same problems exist he just had better college athletes around him. Like Kyler, I have my doubts Jayden can make teammates better
As long as we don't need a QB I always root for those high risk guys to get drafted early. Helps better players drop to us in the draft and gives us the opportunity to play against some dumpster fires during the season.