Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it has as significant an impact on counting stats as 50% more targets does. You make up a lot of the difference in volume. That's why Brown's advanced stats are so unimpressive. I imagine is subjective grades are also bad, or people would be posting PFF stuff for him on here.

If you're someone who wanted the Cards to get Brandin Cooks, you're likely going to love this trade. I'm fine with it; I agree with the analysis that the Cards used their first round pick to get arguably the best receiver available in this draft.

I just think people are getting carried away with how good Brown can and will be in this offense. Especially when you consider that the Cards probably just clapped a ceiling on their 2021 second-round pick.
Kirk's PFF was 72.7
Hollywoods was 68.6 (slightly worse than AJ)

Of course Lamar was out a number of weeks to end the season so dont know how much he dipped from there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A late 1st isn't worth much. And we got a 3rd back. Which makes the overall cost about a early 2nd.
Agreed, that is why I like the trade much better.

I get out of the bathroom and Linda was like 'We traded our first rounder for Hollywood Brown.' I came to post without knowing full details.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Sanders echoed me and others sentiments that Hollywood Brown isn't a slot WR. His body/hamstrings wont hold up in that role. I hope Kliff moves Hopkins to the slot.
Not me at all. I hope Moore goes to the slot. He has the perfect body type/shiftyness for it.

Reaction score
Hey, Murray's played with him and they have close chemistry, plus Hollywood was cheap. Was it the best use of our 23rd spot? It takes someone far smarter than I to determine it, but I think we could have done far worse.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still struggling with this one. Not sure picking Karlaftis or Jermaine Johnson wouldn't have been the better way to go....Agree we needed to replace Kirk...Guess if we could get Bonitto or Drake Jackson in the second I would be thrilled...Also, hopefully a good RB with the third round pick we received. The top OL were gone so lets see what we do today.....

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not me at all. I hope Moore goes to the slot. He has the perfect body type/shiftyness for it.
If Moore is ready to take over in the slot (Kyler comfortable throwing over the middle to him) then great.

However, not sure we can bank on that yet. Hopefully, he takes the next step in camp

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first saw the upcoming schedule, I'm thinking 5-11. Now I'm thinking 11-5.. lol

Love it or hate it, this is the best way to read the board on draft day!

You must be registered for see images attach

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like the trade and think it was a good value one with the player and the pick for #23. The cons I've seen are injury (missed 3 games in his 3 seasons) and drops (7 drops last year with 3 in one game) and stature (yep, he's short). None of those cons concern me at all. Kid can ball. With Kyler slinging it he'll get plenty of passes/yards as will DHop. Ertz, Moore and Green can pick up the scraps.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
When Brown was coming out I wasn't a huge fan due to his size, he weighed less than 170 lbs at the combine...I didn't know how a guy that slight would hold up. He has proven over 3 years to be pretty durable so I was wrong.

I think the #23 for a younger established veteran isn't a bad trade to me anyway (especially considering the 3rd rounder in return), not trusting Keim to draft probably has something to do with it honestly. I guess we will see how it works out in the end but I certainly don't have a "sky is falling" reaction.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think it has as significant an impact on counting stats as 50% more targets does. You make up a lot of the difference in volume. That's why Brown's advanced stats are so unimpressive. I imagine is subjective grades are also bad, or people would be posting PFF stuff for him on here.

If you're someone who wanted the Cards to get Brandin Cooks, you're likely going to love this trade. I'm fine with it; I agree with the analysis that the Cards used their first round pick to get arguably the best receiver available in this draft.

I just think people are getting carried away with how good Brown can and will be in this offense. Especially when you consider that the Cards probably just clapped a ceiling on their 2021 second-round pick.
But this doesn't answer circumstances at all. Hollywood was the #1 WR in this offense. He won't be with the Cardinals, who have significantly better WR than the Ravens.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like the trade and think it was a good value one with the player and the pick for #23. The cons I've seen are injury (missed 3 games in his 3 seasons) and drops (7 drops last year with 3 in one game) and stature (yep, he's short). None of those cons concern me at all. Kid can ball. With Kyler slinging it he'll get plenty of passes/yards as will DHop. Ertz, Moore and Green can pick up the scraps.
This (the bolded) will not make one old coot on here very happy (you know who I mean)
:Dold, and that is from another old coot saying it. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson