Wonderful, Let's Blow Money on Hollywood!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Before we rush to judgement, let's not forget the excellent productivity for the 1st half of 2022, and let's see how things play out over these last six weeks.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm all for it if he signs for what he's worth, $11m or less per. Anything more than that and I wish him good luck in free agency. That might even be high if he turns into WR3 if Wilson can stay healthy and we land MHJ or one of the other #1 WR in the draft.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all for it if he signs for what he's worth, $11m or less per. Anything more than that and I wish him good luck in free agency. That might even be high if he turns into WR3 if Wilson can stay healthy and we land MHJ or one of the other #1 WR in the draft.
11M? You have seen how WR contracts have skyrocketed right? He will likely get closer to 22M than 11...

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
11M? You have seen how WR contracts have skyrocketed right? He will likely get closer to 22M than 11...
I'm saying that's the max I'd pay him for this team. We'd be fracking idiots to pay the 3rd option 20+m. The guy has a limited toolset due to his size. The money is better spent elsewhere.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He has a limited skillset to justify that kind of money. He lacks the instinct for high pointing a ball in traffic and timing things up as the ball is arriving. Has nothing to do with height. You either have that instinct or you don't. He's great if he gets by his man and the ball is on target. Same thing with Rondale.

Edit: Actually, Rondale is excellent with timing the ball and body position. He just doesn't elevate.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a limited skillset to justify that kind of money. He lacks the instinct for high pointing a ball in traffic and timing things up as the ball is arriving. Has nothing to do with height. You either have that instinct or you don't. He's great if he gets by his man and the ball is on target. Same thing with Rondale.

Edit: Actually, Rondale is excellent with timing the ball and body position. He just doesn't elevate.
I feel he has a comparative skillset to Kirk who got paid big money. Rates have only gone up from there...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And any team who does so are a bunch of idiots.

He’s on pace for his 4th out of 5 seasons with less than 800 yards receiving. And has every excuse in the book made… for his ENTIRE career.

We already blew a first round pick on him. Committing a big chunk of cap space to him will just be doubling down on the initial mistake.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He’s on pace for his 4th out of 5 seasons with less than 800 yards receiving. And has every excuse in the book made… for his ENTIRE career.

We already blew a first round pick on him. Committing a big chunk of cap space to him will just be doubling down on the initial mistake.
$22 million is a few million over the franchise tag ($19 million) and even more over the transition tag ($17.5 million). If he wants $22 million, but also wants to be here, throw the transition tag and test that out! If he leave for $22 million, then so be it. My cap for him is $15 million, but I could see $18-$20 million with a front loaded deal. That way, if we draft MHJ, Hollywood's deal could be manageable when a MHJ extension comes up.

Here are the top paid WRs. Kirk's deal doesn't look so bad now.

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It depends on the makeup of your team, your available cap, and your offense. The only way I want us to re-sign Hollywood is if we can draft MJH.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hollywood is not worth anything more than 11m or so. He has no major impact on a defensive game plan. If I'm going to pay top dollar for a WR, they better effect the opposite teams defensive game plan, like Fitz or Dhop would routinely do.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don’t get the hate for Hollywood. Dude is the anti diva and actually wants to be here. He doesn’t skip practices, appears to have great character on and off the field and, still, wants to be here. Nobody has reported that he’s asking for or getting top tier money. He’s a good player and good guy. We are a better team with him. I hope and expect him to stay in the desert.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I just don’t get the hate for Hollywood. Dude is the anti diva and actually wants to be here. He doesn’t skip practices, appears to have great character on and off the field and, still, wants to be here. Nobody has reported that he’s asking for or getting top tier money. He’s a good player and good guy. We are a better team with him. I hope and expect him to stay in the desert.
Great character is not a reason to pay someone top shelf money

I used to frequent certain establishments as a young man - the types of places where you ask for $200 in singles to go along with your drink order

Never once did I see a performer lacking in talent and thought - "you know, she isn't the best and she's fallen off stage twice now but I bet she's a really good person"

I might give her a pity finsky or something - I do have a heart and appreciate the effort - but I aint making it rain unless some Olympic gymnast ish just took place

Last edited: