Hollywood Brown thread?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do we have a free agency thread around Hollywood? I think we are about to lock him up on the cheap for the next 3-4 years.

When he was healthy this year, Dobbs and Co were throwing to him and missed him a bunch when he was open. When Kyler returned, Hollywood was ailing. I think this season and his desire to stay with Kyler allows Monti to lock him up on a value contract. Thoughts?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hollywood did say contract talks were going well, maybe we do lock him down cheap. I know he has potential but maaaan has he been low impact this season. Kyler keeps trying to get him some targets but he just can't come down with it.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe the lack of production will help us after all. I do think he is an impact player even if he’s not a true WR1.

I’m only interested if he does come cheap because why not just roll the dice in the draft otherwise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe the lack of production will help us after all. I do think he is an impact player even if he’s not a true WR1.

I’m only interested if he does come cheap because why not just roll the dice in the draft otherwise.
What impact does he have? I see him as primarily a small possession receiver with a really low catch rate.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Do we have a free agency thread around Hollywood? I think we are about to lock him up on the cheap for the next 3-4 years.

When he was healthy this year, Dobbs and Co were throwing to him and missed him a bunch when he was open. When Kyler returned, Hollywood was ailing. I think this season and his desire to stay with Kyler allows Monti to lock him up on a value contract. Thoughts?
It would have to be an extreme "value" contract as a #2 at best. He's not going to want to sign as cheap as the most I'd be wanting us to pay him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
FWIW

The starting WR's in Philly (when JG was there) were 6ft and above.

Jalen Raeger was 5-11 if you want to count him.

Hollywood is 5-9 and our QB is 5-10.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If you go back to the combine - the information makes sense 5 years later.

Low athleticism score (28th ranked WR at combine), especially for his size.

You must be registered for see images attach

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have to imagine his price has dropped dramatically…it’s hard to see resigning him (outside of being Kyler’s buddy), unless you are 100% certain you can get a #1 WR this off-season. If I am Hollywood, and it’s really his injury holding him back I sign a 1 year deal in hopes to regain my value next season.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What impact does he have? I see him as primarily a small possession receiver with a really low catch rate.
Yeah he really started fast last year while Hop was suspended the first 6 games. Through the first six games he had 485 yds & 3 TDs (which put him on pace for around 1,300 yds) before he got hurt and missed the next 5 games. Then with Hops return and Kyler's injury his production wasn't the same.

All that to say he is a guy I would want to keep on the team. He has shown thus far that he is certainly not a WR1 and I think he's been a bit unlucky with his health (or maybe he's just not durable). But for the right prize I think he does add value.

I'm not too concerned as I don't see Monti as the type of GM to overpay players who aren't deserving.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd give him 3 year 36-40 mill. That's not excessive in today's world. He can be effective as a #2 when there's a guy like Marvin opposite him. I wouldn't mind a WR corps of Marvin, Brown, Wilson, McBride, and Dorstch next season.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Key word...value. I like the guy. I really do. Want to see him in a Cardinals uniform. But at the end of the day, if he's expecting big boy dollars, we can't do it. This org needs to prove its making decisions in the best interest of building a contender and giving Brown the bag when there are viable alternatives is just plain inexcusable at this point.