Wonderful, Let's Blow Money on Hollywood!

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Are you happy with Conner for ~12 games a season?
Yes. He's been our best offensive weapon all year, and our offense is best when he's cooking. As I said before the season, with his running style you need a credible secondary back!!! They are an exceedingly cheap asset that also ensures you don't fall off a cliff when your hard charging RB gets injured.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL… Tee Higgins, Mike Evans and Michael Pittman aren’t going to be targets for this team and even if they were, why would they all leave better situations to play for one of the biggest jokes in the entire league? We gonna go wayyyyy overboard and pay them out of this solar system money? When do the Cardinals ever do that?
Before we get to the stage where we confront our dismal franchise history and why anyone would sign here we first need to identify players that could help with a fix.

Then we can all play the Cardinal fan 'hope we luck out' in free agency because the other franchise wants to move on/idiot gm.

I will say this about Evans, whereas Godwin has been very inconsistent, Evans has been pretty solid throughout and has 11td's. Of course, Godwin has to mess this argument up with his best game of the season yesterday, but still only has 1 TD.

At 6'5" he's the type of target we need.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The position he's 'A good #2' will likely devolve into an injury prone #3 by end of season (or if unaddressed, around free agency) imo.
a guy who's played 5 seasons and only had ONE over 769 yards isn't even a good #2. He's an average one at best. Especially considering during all that time, he was supposed to be the best WR on the team.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
a guy who's played 5 seasons and only had ONE over 769 yards isn't even a good #2. He's an average one at best. Especially considering during all that time, he was supposed to be the best WR on the team.
I agree. Everyone is still trying to be too optimistic and playing with kids' gloves. Dangerous for a rebuilding team that is about to dole out precious resources to be in, if they let public sentiment color their judgment.

Hopefully, Monti doesn't fall for it.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many wrs in the history of the NFL has reached the 1000 yards in every seasons they played?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Signing Derrick Henry would be hustling backwards.

Reactions: PJ1

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
92 TDS and not a single season under 1000 yards
He'll be 31 before the start of next season. He's definitely still in his prime, but you can't argue that his window is surely closing quickly. I'd guess he can still have two more years of premium production before it falls off a cliff. I'm also guessing he'd love a deal that is for like 4 more years.

At the end of the day hard to see the Bucs letting him get away.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was on the suck it up and pay him train.
I understand he is fighting injuries...
But.......we have been bouncing from one excuse to the next for Brown for two years now.

We need dependable guys who don't need anyone citing reasons why they can't produce.
Imo Hollywood Brown will never be one of those guys.
But I'm happy to watch him prove me wrong on his next team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tee Higgins should be a name on our list, not necessarily the name.

Michael Pittman, Jr.
Mike Evans
Gabe Davis
Pittman will be franchised.
I believe Evans wants to stay in Tampa.
Davis is quite a bit below the other two but definitely is bigger and under utilized in Buffalo.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need TWO wr’s that are 50/50 receivers.
They need to be big.
MHJ, A guy like Gabe Davis, McBride, is a good start. Wilson CANNOT be our #2 Wr.
Brown needs to be gone, period. I don’t give a damn if he took a vet minimum salary. He doesn’t fit here. The “ Oklahoma” connection is long gone. This isn’t sandlot football.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We need TWO wr’s that are 50/50 receivers.
They need to be big.
MHJ, A guy like Gabe Davis, McBride, is a good start. Wilson CANNOT be our #2 Wr.
Brown needs to be gone, period. I don’t give a damn if he took a vet minimum salary. He doesn’t fit here. The “ Oklahoma” connection is long gone. This isn’t sandlot football.
I disagree. I don't want Monti to bend over backwards to design everything to KM's weaknesses. We need a speed demon #2 or high #3, not two big 50/50 WR clones. Like when we made the mistake of going small ball at the position, I don't want us to overcorrect and go all large.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I don't want Monti to bend over backwards to design everything to KM's weaknesses. We need a speed demon #2 or high #3, not two big 50/50 WR clones. Like when we made the mistake of going small ball at the position, I don't want us to overcorrect and go all large.
MHJ has plenty of speed and a guy like Davis is big and pretty fast. Wilson might turn out to be a great #3. Dortch and/or Moore could drive defenses batty. Add McBride and we would create a dilemma for any defenses.